Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 27-11-2012, 02:22 PM
InFurs

Is it possible to receive someone else's memory?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I don't know why but I read about a lot of people with famous or historical past lives when they regress it.

For example there is this woman her name is Sherrie Lea Laird (you must have heard of her!) and she claims to be Marilyn Monroe, even under regression she remembers everything. On top of that I read loads of other similar claims with other women (they all resemble Marilyn strangely but I don't catch the same vibe as Marilyn had or at least aura). I mean, they can't all have the same memory am I correct?

Also this is important: how can you be sure the memory is truly yours and you aren't making it up or getting somebody else's.
Thanks in advance. Only serious replies on this one.
Thanks again.
Old 28-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Iseke

Here's what I think's going on.

Famous people, being in the spotlight of history and culture, have a way of being beacons to people who lived during that era. So a lot of times, what we're doing is remembering the period, the culture, the clothing, etc. and connecting it to that famous person. That, or one could have been close to that particular person and thus are remembering things about that person that ordinary people wouldn't know.

I do think it is possible for someone to be getting someone else's memories instead of their own. But, this isn't an everyday thing, and when it happens it happens for a reason. (One reason may be that you are meant to help assist the person who's memories you are receiving, and you for some reason are a more effective conduit.)

So, when you get cases where 50 people are coming out and saying I was Famous Person X in a past life, there could be a lot of causes for it. It could even be a case of people picking up on the memories of a person who, for whatever reason, they strongly connect to. The universe is a big place. Anything's possible.

The best way to know for sure the memories are yours, I'd say, is to see how they feel. There's something very present and visceral about memories that are yours, in my experience.

But I'm inclined to say there is only one Marilyn Monroe. After all, I don't see a bunch of people clamoring to claim the same 19th century English orphan as their past life!
Old 28-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Quagmire

The more lives one person touch, the more memories that person will be in.

So just haveing memories of a person does not mean one has been that person. It would help if people remembered some of the in between lives stuff. The preparations and the life review stuff. There is more to it than just remembering, there is this here knowing. I also agree that one should be capable of dissecting ones memories from others, as the others should feel less like you. Not the kind of feeling where one has done something in a past life that one would never do in this life and therefore it does not feel right feeling. But a special unique touch to the fabric of the memories. My spirit guides, spirit teachers and so once in awhile share their memories with me and they feel kind of alien to me. Though knowing if a memory is mine or not is not always an instant revelation

I have heard something about people in the afterlife having the opportunity to try and relive someone elses life (or just part of it), but I would guess such an experience is more educational like seein a movie, reading a book or playing a game where one get the idea of how that person felt/lived but do not feel it on oneself physical. Saying it is more of a mental experience. Who wants to willingly throw themselves on the stake as Jeanne d'Arc and scar oneself deeply in the excruciating pain of being burned. Not me that is for sure.

I agree everything is possible. So yes it is possible to receive others mamories. I have also heard a story from one saying she shared the body of Leonardo da Vinci with someone else, so in that case there could be two claiming to be the same and actually have been that person. But how do one ever truly know what is. How can one truly know it is oneself that is looking back from the mirror. I love this quote from the Matrix: Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? I guess at some point one just have to trust what one perceive is real and change it as ones perception changes... the image in the mirror also change as we age does it not.
Old 28-11-2012, 06:10 PM
InFurs

Dreamwaver and Iseke,

Thanks so much for your insight. I've been having a lot of sudden memory flooding back (not necessarily historical or famous) for some reason and I wondered if it was mine. I really feel though that it is, I felt my guides almost say "yes! yes its yours!", it [the memory] leaves me very emotional and wounded in fact but eventually I get to sleep it off.
Old 29-11-2012, 07:04 PM
wetherspoonred

Usually, to be absolutely sure about your past-lives you have to have complete access to the akashic records or an ability like yoga dhrishti [ability in yoga].
Actually this expert [which l've posted about in another thread] has made an in-depth reading about M.Monroe:

He says:

Quote:
Sherrie Lea Laird was not Marilyn Monroe.
She was Princess Maud of Fife!

Quote:
Why do so many people claim to be the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe?
In 1973 Anton LaVey wrote in an article that Monroe would become the Satanic “Madonna” of the 21st century. To a great extent this has already occurred. Since the time of her death, she has been constructed into a sex goddess and deified.

LaVey taught Monroe the ins and outs of Satanism and in her resulting pact with Satan traded her soul in return for a “flowering” Hollywood career. Yet the world was fascinated with this Hollywood starlet.
LaVey stated that the aim of the Church of Satan is to subvert society through persons of stealth: “The idea is to free people’s minds and send them out among others…who are working advanced Black Magic and influencing the outside world.” This was successfully accomplished via Monroe.
From an extract from Marilyn Monroe by Jason Kovar.

That's his take on it.
Old 29-11-2012, 07:13 PM
wetherspoonred

He's done a youtube vid on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7QHvI401NY
Old 30-11-2012, 12:34 AM
InFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetherspoonred
Usually, to be absolutely sure about your past-lives you have to have complete access to the akashic records or an ability like yoga dhrishti [ability in yoga].
Actually this expert [which l've posted about in another thread] has made an in-depth reading about M.Monroe:

He says:

That's his take on it.

Thanks I looked at your thread; its very interesting. But I don't agree with everything he says. It almost seems like he invades their records and this is quite discomforting.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:08 AM
wetherspoonred

Yes, lnfurs, l agree, we do need to keep an open mind about all this and question anything we disagree with.