Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Pamuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlus
Lets say I was born 2010.

Can I reincarnate in 1500, for example? I heard that time doesnt exist actually, that everything is one, so can I live in the past in my next life or just in the future?

What do you think?

What a wonderful thought that you could go back in time, but you may not reincarnate as a human. Purhaps coming back as your own pet cat, or your own next meal. Personally I would think that your karmic energy moves forward in time, this energy dictates your next rebirth.
Old 30-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator
So if you could for fun what time would you go back too?
Old 30-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Starr

There's no way of knowing for sure if we can, of course, but I've wondered this myself.

I'd love to be in a 20's speakeasy with a flask of gin on my garter, LOL.
Old 30-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Experiencer

From another thread on here.. "It is only your human perception of earth time of being in the present that moves forward always, but what if you were in fact moving backwards? What if you are not even moving in any motion? Perhaps you are moving through something. But all you know is that you are moving, and things are changing. Forward is a silly word. Future is a silly word. Humans with all their words. There is no word that can translate really to what I am trying to tell you. When it comes to time you won’t know which way you are headed, you can go any direction, and anywhere, because when it comes to time, there is no such thing as direction, it all exists simutaneously,
Old 30-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Experiencer
Hi Stevo,

You may be right. But I personally think that for us humans, time has always existed or at least existed as a sane perception of time. Even from the very beginning of our history we needed something to measure and make sense of time since it's an invisible abstract dimension, so we used cycles as measure sticks (eg the sun in the sky) . We still use cycles to measure time but now on an atomic level. So I think in order to maintain a sane frame of mind when we live here in our physical world we have adopted a system that our mind could understand. I am very happy to see that the time on my clock moves forward and what has happened before the present moment belongs to the past and cannot be relived. Otherwise I would quickly go insane :-)

Boson
Old 30-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Experiencer

Agreed Boson the brain needs time to function in a linear fashion but that doesn't stop all timelines existing simultaneously.
Old 30-10-2013, 02:21 AM
Experiencer
Stevo,

Sounds good to me what you just wrote. I tend to believe that too. I have noticed that believing in a mystery is a challenge at times. Yet, mysteries is what makes life interesting.

Boson
Old 30-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Experiencer

Imagine a film strip cut into all its frames, imagine each simultaneously existing frame is a still parallel reality and there is a light that shines through one frame at a time in an order. Reality is similar, all times exist now just like the film frames and the brain focuses on one parallel reality after the next giving the illusion of movement and time.
Old 30-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Master
Absolutely.

The only reason people think they incarnate in 'time' order is that they search for past lives by going back in time (in a more or less linear way). They then arrange the lives according to their dates in history, not the order of incarnation.

And as someone mentioned above, the over-soul is timeless and is fully capable of multiple simultaneous incarnations.
Old 30-10-2013, 07:17 AM
Experiencer

Yeah Wstein, I think the oversoul/higher self etc splits its awareness into many 'times' at the same 'time'.