Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Strangerthanfiction

Question regarding Jeffrey Marks

I was thinking of perhaps posting this thread in the "books" forum but since there isn't so much activity there i feel my only option is to post it here and since it has to do specifically with afterlife questions i feel like that's okay.

I was thinking of buying the book The Afterlife Interviews by Jeffrey Marks but i really need to know something first. I know this might seem odd to say but its really not that odd considering i don't want to buy a book which goes against my own understanding of the afterlife.

So i have to ask the question: Does Jeffrey Marks believe spirits engage in the physical act of sex? There are 52 questions in his book that spirits supposedly answers. Does the spirits say that sexuality in the ways possible on earth exists over there? If they say its not possible or that only soul merging exists, then i'll skip that book.

Thanks in advance. (Please don't be harsh on me for asking this anyone. I know some people don't like to believe that sexuality is a thing over there).
Old 28-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Ha, I had never heard of JM, now I looked him up....I do think there are many of us that
if there is sexuality 'over there' we just aren't interested.

Now the looooooove that is there? Oh my.
There are feelings that so far surpass the physical climax here, ya know?
And last and last and last.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-02-2020, 01:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
I was thinking of perhaps posting this thread in the "books" forum but since there isn't so much activity there i feel my only option is to post it here and since it has to do specifically with afterlife questions i feel like that's okay.

I was thinking of buying the book The Afterlife Interviews by Jeffrey Marks but i really need to know something first. I know this might seem odd to say but its really not that odd considering i don't want to buy a book which goes against my own understanding of the afterlife.

So i have to ask the question: Does Jeffrey Marks believe spirits engage in the physical act of sex? There are 52 questions in his book that spirits supposedly answers. Does the spirits say that sexuality in the ways possible on earth exists over there? If they say its not possible or that only soul merging exists, then i'll skip that book.

Thanks in advance. (Please don't be harsh on me for asking this anyone. I know some people don't like to believe that sexuality is a thing over there).
As far as I know, the afterlife is like a lucid dream: you want to experience sex, then you experience sex. You can relive any of your earthly sexual experiences, and you can imagine any other ones. You can create whatever partner you want, or you find another afterlifer to imagine together doing it.

Basically the afterlife is formless, but you can will yourself in any form you want.

There is no soul merging in the afterlife.

Surely, you can't trust anybody's opinion, so the best way is to ask your inner source of knowledge and guidance. If you don't already do it, I recommend you learn to do it.

Why trust Jeffrey Marks? There are thousands of people claiming contact with the afterlife, many of them make a living form selling books and workshops. I trust very few of them.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-02-2020, 03:10 AM
Master

1 hour interview with the author: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY30e_gn7Io

His book, and ideas don't sound interesting to me.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction

I have no idea whether Jeffrey Marks believes that spirits engage in the physical act of sex. But a couple of thoughts.

Any sexual activity on the astral plane would (by definition) not be physical. In the absence of a physical body, how can there be physical sex? Astral sex is another matter.

If we consider sex in terms of energy then sex involves the generation and release of energy. By all accounts this can occur with the astral body, and two people may merge their energies and have the astral equivalent of an orgasm.

The astral plane is not formless - it is very much a world of form. The forms just happen to be astral rather than physical. And it is more than just a lucid dream. We can engage with other beings and it is as real as our current physical existence.

The astral plane is also the plane of desire, and there seems to be an astral realm which corresponds to the vibration of sex. Many people on Earth seem to be sexually unfulfilled with all sorts of secret desires. In this astral realm they try to recreate the act of physical sex with others, seeking the sexual fulfilment they lacked on Earth.

Robert Monroe describes observing such a place - the energy was one of sexual desperation and he found it very depressing (my emphasis in bold).

Far Journeys pp 88-89

One of the principal examples came one night when I rolled out of the physical, and before I could release from the second body, an overwhelming drive for sexual union rose in me. I was about to employ my usual not-now-but-later cooling technique when I moved away sharply with a sudden shift. The movement was fast and short. When I was able to perceive, I found I was standing a few feet away from an enormous pile of writhing forms. It reached up, slanting back as high as I could see. In each direction, right and left, it swept off into the distance. It reminded me of nothing so much as the interweaving of huge fishing worms in the bottom of a can after being left there overnight. The motion was continuous, thousands upon thousands, each wet slippery form wiggling in and out among the others in the pile, searching, trying to do something… but never achieving satisfaction.

Three perceptive shocks hit me simultaneously. The forms were not worms, they were human! Second, the incredible, staggering radiation of sexuality, both male and female, that emanated from the seething mass. Third, they all were physically dead. I wanted to turn and run, but some other part of me held me in place. I finally calmed down enough to become analytical. Did I want to join in? My whole being shuddered in rejection. No vestige remained of the sexual drive I found so important moments before. I had the strong percept that it would come again, but never where it would control wholly what I thought or did.

With this flash of knowing, another emotion washed through me -- intense compassion for those trapped in the undulating mass, so focused and intent on seeking sexual satisfaction they were unaware of any other existence - anger at a system that could so inhibit, repress, and distort as to create the situation in front of me. Were these the castoffs of the human process, to remain so throughout eternity?

I moved forward slowly and stopped close to the edge of the pile. The moving bodies were male and female, of all shapes and sizes, glistening with wetness. A bare hairy leg thrust momentarily from the pile, and I grabbed it by the foot and pulled…The leg pushed out blindly, trying to move more deeply back into the pulsating mass. I pulled harder, trying to keep my grip on the sweat-covered ankle. Slowly, I was able to pull the rest of the body clear of the pile. It was a man, small in stature, dark-haired, fine-featured, of indeterminate age. He lay there on his belly, his arms and legs moving crablike, attempting to pull himself back into the pile, totally oblivious to the fact that I was holding on to his foot and preventing him from doing so.

I easily held him in place, bent over, and shouted in his ear, (Hey, I want to talk to you. Hold still for a moment!)

There was not the slightest indication that he heard me. His face was fixed, a gleam of anticipation spread across it. He kept trying to move back and I held him in place, wondering what to do next.

I tried another approach. (It's the cops, the police, they're raiding the joint! Gotta get out!)

I waited for some response, but there was none. I couldn't provide him with the radiation that would get his attention. I released his foot, and he crawled back into the mass and was swallowed up in the movement. I turned away sadly and stretched for my physical ident, and returned without incident.

From that point on, I had a new technique to control any surfacing sexual drive. All I need do is think of that wriggling, writhing, mindless pile of humanity. That does it.

Peace

Last edited by iamthat : 29-02-2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old 29-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Wow, iamthat. Good quote!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru