Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 27-06-2012, 08:18 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikichris
This is also the healer's journey, and that should never be forgotten.

Old 27-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty123
What you may want to do. When reading a newspaper, fb. If it comes up that someone isn't feeling well. Even if you dont know them personally. Send them a healing reiki. Afterwards you may want to inform them of what you did. Via pm if possible.

Even if they don't acknowledge you. You've done something nice for someone. That is what this is all about.

While this is a nice gesture you should only be sending healing to those that are asking for healing. One should not be doing healing for those that do not want the healing.

Sometimes an illness can be a wake up sign to a person to make changes in their life. If one heals them before they make those changes then they may not learn anything from the illness to make themselves better.

Other times people like the illness because they want attention or they use it as an excuse to not do things, or not try in some cases.

Now to the topic at hand it is always interesting to read the discussions on whether one should charge for healing work or offering readings or things of that nature. The bottom line is that it will always boil down to what the individual feels is the right thing to do. Whether they want to charge or they want to do it for free.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Free_Spirit1983

I know a lot of reiki practitioners say that reiki is an exchange and you must recieve something, be it money, baked goods, whatever - after giving reiki..

Here's my view of this - If I give someone a healing and it helps them in any way, shape or form then I receive the gift of knowing that I've made a difference and helped somebody else (another part of me).. The joy I receive out weighs a cash alternative by far!

For me right now I work full time so can afford to give reiki for free.. If I was working as a practitioner full time I obviously wouldn't be able to live on freebies - unfortunately with this insane monetary system that's in place we need the numbers on those computer screens in order to eat, have access to water supplied and have a roof over our heads.. With that considered how about coming up with a pricing structure to suit individual circumstances which allows lower rated for lower incomes and still covers your expenses

Maybe one day we'll be free of the monetary system and be able to heal and teach others purely through love without the barriers and distractions of cost!
Old 06-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Rin

Many people maintain that one must always ask for permission to give Reiki. Why not apply a similar reasoning to payment, the recipient must ask to get it for free. One can say "Rates negotiable" and take it from there.

Is it not rather patronizing to assume that a person cannot afford to pay anything?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:04 AM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
hi everybody

i was wondering, because of the financial climate, if i should offer reiki for free.

i am level 2 tera-mai secheim attuned and wanted to offer reiki as a mobile service.

i know us reiki folk have to pay for attunements but i know people in need of healing that can benefit but wont have a treatment because of cost

i read somewhere if you receive reiki for nothing then nothing is what you receive.

not sure what to do.

love and light
angelfire
xxxx

Theres a lot of reiki masters giving attunements away for free. So giving healing for free is ok.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:14 AM
NIRVANA

The problem with reiki is the money side. People get confused with charging too little or charging too much.

When I got attuned it cost me 2 days at helping the guy to decorate a house. Its not all ways about charging money

The other attunements did not cost anything but friendship and a meal.

When i first thought about getting involved in reiki i went to a meeting in London. The reiki master explained how reiki could heal the world if 10,000 reiki masters came together to do healing.

My response was why dont they? I was told it would cost too much and who would fund it

If its for world peace why would it need funding? I think there are two camps involved with reiki they are the ones who are into building their own empires and there are the ones who main objective is peace and healing.

For free attunements http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JloN7mh_kXg

Free master attunement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jbIfIHSus
Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Kaceykat

I've been level 2 since 1996ish. I have to confess, I've never received money for giving reiki. I've viewed it as payment / payback to the universe for all the good things that have been already received & blessed upon me and my family ~~ but then, I've never tried to make a living at it, so no judgement implied on those who do.

Similarly, if I've started to dwell on a personal problem, I will take myself out of myself by offering reiki for free to others, even strangers (different BB.) In that case, they were doing me the favor, of allowing me to overcome my selfishness, and serve them. Reiki coursing through me heals me just as much as it does them, or so I was taught.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Free_Spirit1983

I think there a 3 camps.. The 2 mentioned above plus the 3rd Ego camp...

I've met so many huge egos at reiki shares and at complimentary therapy festivals etc.

My motives for getting involved with reiki and shamanism were to help people who needed help, simple as (so you'd think)..

Was at a reiki share just a week ago and the reiki master was talking about people who you should / shouldn't treat and she told the story of a woman who came into her practice and she felt bad energy as soon as she walked in, she turned her away refusing to give her the details of any other healers then went on to say that some people are just rotten to the core (with pure hatred on her face)..

This really ****ed me off, especially as there were a few people there who were completely new on their spiritual paths.. My main problems with this are

1) If a person, however "rotten" you may judge them to be has come asking for help doesn't this say that they have a desire to change?

2) Nobody, NOBODY, is rotten to the core. Inside every living soul is pure love.. Yes there are layers of negative evergy around some people but it's like an onion, underneath it all there is a soul who just needs love

3) The people with the bad energy, hurt from life, wanting to change. Those are the people I WANT to help!

4) We often mirror each other. If you judge somebody as rotten, it's most likely because part of you is rotten. Just like if you recognise somebody as intuitive, it's because you're intuitive yourself..

So yes, camp 3, the ego camp!

Apologies for the rant, I just feel that some people really need to question themselves and their motives for what they do!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Master
Free spirit x

Well said, i must admit i have not come across too many ego camp and nor would i feel comfortable in thier space.

I agree with all you have said, good post. More to the point who are we to judge other's who come for healing?, they are not there to be judged but help to heal them, like you say they obviously want to change in themself.

I honestly cannot see reiki and the minister's and grand master's judging people in the past, so who are we/ ego based people too.

Love GA x
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a Reiki Master and one that teaches it to others the first and foremost rule I have come to find applies is asking for permissions before one does any kind of healing work.

I make sure that even if its a friend I know will take the healing freely from me at a distance and know well its me giving it forth I still ask first. I then wait to feel that energy vibration that says YES its ok to go forwards. There are times when someone has a headache and while I can take that from them easily I do not have the permissions to just do that. Maybe there is something they need to learn in that down time with a headache.

When it comes to paying for something. Money is energy but too there are many other ways of payment that do not include money. I did readings last night for my hairdresser and she did not charge me for the cut. That is an exchange of energy where money would be involved.

When it comes to getting the certification in Reiki there I feel someone should pay something for that so that one is disdained in doing the work. I gladly paid for mine as I knew that the money was energy and that I needed to feel that exchange.

I did an exchange of attunment and certifications for training in another area of healing. I too asked for permissions to do that, and made sure that it served the highest good of both of us. We fail at times to ask what is best for us at times too.

I do Lightwork on the planet daily but that is not driected at individuals on that level of healing its for all that are on that same vibrational plane. That is just good deeds I feel in giving back what we were blessed to have with us.

Lynn