Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 19-06-2011, 07:31 PM
unlearn

A question only for reiki practitioners

Let me ask this question bluntly, does reiki healing really work?? Is it not just a figment of our imagination--warm palms, vibrations, tingling sensation etc. The founder of reiki himself died of a stroke. Why couldn't he heal himself??

Am i completely wrong in assuming that all people who think they can actually heal someone are having delusions of grandeur??

Don't get me wrong I'm not here to bash up reiki believers but just seeking answers to few tough questions. I'm Just requesting reiki practitioners here to ask crosscheck there conviction against these questions I've raised above and share their thoughts/opinion.
Old 19-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Medium_Laura

We can only heal that that is meant to be healed. Sure he died of a stroke, he may have died of getting hit by a bus or falling down a well. Death is inevitable. It works only if you believe it works. It's a lot like prayer. :)

I must say I know many that have been healed from Reiki and other healing methods. I healed my cat who had congestive heart failure 4 years ago. He's healthy and kickin strong :) I have healed headaches, back aches, knee problems too. I believe in the force of the Divine Universal energy and I enjoy being a conduit for healing :)
Old 19-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Enya

I think you're confusing 'heal' with 'cure'. Of course Usui San couldn't stop hmself dying, of a stroke or of anything else - Reiki doesn't bring immortality. NO ONE can heal another person unless they themselves are willing to be healed. Energy healing is a partnership between practitioner and patient. When Reiki energy is given, the patient is the person who receives as much or as little as they wish, on an unconscious level.

I've worked with Reiki for over 18 years. I've seen it change peoples' lives for the better. I've experienced the changes it's made to mine. It continues to do so. I know it balances energy and re-connects us on many different levels, to allow the individual to heal themselves.

There - blunt enough for ya?
Old 19-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Free Bird

Reiki has changed my life. I could prob go as far as saying it helped save my life. In the sense that it gave me incredible hope when I previously had none, led me down paths I never knew existed. As for the 'healing' aspect, I do believe it works. Even if you take the opposite view and call it a placebo, then either way it helps.

But I agree you have to want it to work, have some faith in it to begin with.

Old 19-06-2011, 08:10 PM
unlearn

@Laura & Enya

I'm happy to know that you have healed your cat :) but i hope it's just not an isolated case. As far as humans are concerned I've my doubts.

Look I'm not denying that there have been cases where people have been healed. My question is whether it's reiki that is healing them?

Also, you have both emphasized that "It works only if you believe it works". Now, does it not come dangerously close to mere placebo effect then? I think the sufferer cures themselves but reiki seems to walk away with the credit.

@Enya

Pls do enlighten me on how is 'heal' different from 'cure'? I really am confused there.

"" I've worked with Reiki for over 18 years. I've seen it change peoples' lives for the better. I've experienced the changes it's made to mine. It continues to do so. I know it balances energy and re-connects us on many different levels, to allow the individual to heal themselves. ""

Please can you share what kind of changes we're talking about?
Old 19-06-2011, 08:21 PM
tragblack

My question about Reiki is whether anyone can use the energy without being attuned. I would assume so, since there are many who claim to produce healing of the same nature, but practice under a different tradition. This leads me to think that the energy called "Reiki" is a universal energy with many names, and can be called upon in several ways-- simple and strong belief being the main prerequisite.
Old 19-06-2011, 08:24 PM
unlearn

@Free Bird

Nice to know that you have overcome your problems through reiki. Problem with me is i find it difficult(to say the least) to put my trust in something without ample proof. Over the years i've turned into a skeptic. So i'm here looking for something that could convince me beyond any shadow of doubt.
Old 20-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Knower
Unlearn: I have a bachelor's degree in science (chemistry) & by scientific principles, you can only disprove a theory, you can never prove it (especially beyond a shadow of a doubt). So unless you have experienced reiki heal you or you trust others opinions you will never have your "proof".

I can share my personal story with you in the hopes that you might take it at face value, but I like everyone here cannot prove to you it works.

I have had reiki many times over the last few years & at first I was skeptical too. But my experiences with it have always been pleasant and relaxing and the results I got were always surprising. I have had reiki help relieve the pain & subsequently cure a pinched nerve in my shoulder. I had every other medical treatment to help it (massage, chiro, acupuncture & of course my GP could only medicate me to stop the pain temporarily). I suffered for about 3 months until I tried reiki & in 2 sessions I was "cured". But I cannot prove it was the reiki scientifically, all I know was before I was in pain & straight after reiki I had no pain.

Another time I had reiki for headaches with instant relief, reiki has also helped to calm me during stressful times at work (my collegue practices reiki so he would treat me when I needed it) & I also believe it helped me finally get pregnant after 3 years of trying with no result from traditional therapy.

When I have reiki I can feel the energy like waves and it is the best feeling.

I believe reiki can heal and think it is a wonderful complementary therapy, so much so that I have signed up to do my level one course soon. But reiki should not replace traditional medicine & if you are someone with serious health issues, traditional medical advice should be sought first. Reiki can compliment the healing process by stimulating the bodies own ability to self heal (aka our immune system) in very ill patients as a complentary therapy however.
I hope this helps you in your search for answers :)
Old 20-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Knower
Sorry in my last post I didn't explicitly mention that I am not a reiki practitioner yet. So I hope you didn't mind me replying
Old 20-06-2011, 07:08 AM
unlearn

It might come as a surprise but I've already received attenuation for level 2 from a very respected reiki master here in India.

@Gable
That pinched nerve getting healed in 2 sessions is really incredible(in a good way :) ). Best of luck for your Level 1 attenuation sessions. Don't let my skeptic approach bother you and attend the classes with natural and simple belief.