Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 20-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I tell myself, 'It's okay, because I wouldn't survive if I didn't eat meat.'. Ghandi himself tried to be vegetarian, but had health problems, so had to face the moral dilemma of morality versus survival head on. He chose to live.
Ghandi was raised vegetarian and was one throughout most of his life. He ate meat in secret with friends in puberty to try it out but didn't like it, and felt bad about eating animals. He also went vegan for a while but it made him sick, hence he went back to vegetarianism and took a goat with him so he could have milk.
Old 20-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Ghandi was raised vegetarian and was one throughout most of his life. He ate meat in secret with friends in puberty to try it out but didn't like it, and felt bad about eating animals. He also went vegan for a while but it made him sick, hence he went back to vegetarianism and took a goat with him so he could have milk.
Again, you present the truth... to a point.

The point is that he tried a purely vegetarian diet and had problems with it, so had to supplement with goat's milk to nurse himself back to health. In other words, he proved to himself, and any other intellectually open being, that a purely vegetarian diet has limits.

It just doesn't always work.

Personally, I love this. The universe always seems to find ways to throw monkey wrenches into our most heartfelt dogmatisms - as it does here.
Old 21-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Master
[quote=Kioma]Again, you present the truth... to a point.

The point is that he tried a purely vegetarian diet and had problems with it, so had to supplement with goat's milk to nurse himself back to health. QUOTE]

Vegetarians drink milk it vegans that don't.
in places where others do not.
Old 21-10-2018, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:

The point is that he tried a purely vegetarian diet and had problems with it, so had to supplement with goat's milk to nurse himself back to health. In other words, he proved to himself, and any other intellectually open being, that a purely vegetarian diet has limits.

Personally, I love this. The universe always seems to find ways to throw monkey wrenches into our most heartfelt dogmatisms - as it does here.
I don't understand your 'love' for it and why you seem to have an axe to grind against perceived 'dogmatists'..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Vegetarians drink milk it vegans that don't.
I don't! I get acne if I do. I do eat a lot of yogurt though.. no issues there.
Old 21-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Gandhiji considered intoxicating drinks abhorrent, because they acted as deterrents to man’s inner purification and spiritual evolution............'

http://www.gandhifoundation.net/about%20gandhi5.htm

I think a drink with your mates for instance can be a form of spiritual bonding, nothing is set in stone.
in places where others do not.
Old 21-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

You're still wrong. Gandhi was a lifelong vegetarian (which includes milk) and he tried veganism for a short time. Those are facts on a website devoted to him and his life. http://www.gandhifoundation.net/about%20gandhi5.htm

You're wrong, you've been shown the facts and that you hang on to your error.... maybe it's time to take your ego elsewhere.
Old 21-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
I think a drink with your mates for instance can be a form of spiritual bonding, nothing is set in stone.

You're talking about an activity. And you can share a bottle of apple juice, water, tea, coffee......

Logically speaking, I can't understand the mental process that suggests that drinking something that can be used to disinfect wounds or other surfaces, can be seen to be harmless in any sense.

Alcohol kills bacteria. Your gut is full of necessary bacteria to protect your health in numerous ways. What is that alcohol doing to your bodies gut bacteria? And considering that your liver has to process that alcohol and continued drinking can destroy your liver.......choose the apple juice is a healthier recommendation and enjoy the activity of 'spending time with your mates'.
Old 22-10-2018, 08:01 AM
Master
Yeah.. I'm not to keen about alcohol either. Beer doesn't taste great, and many drinks are too sweet or too bitter. And yes, it kills bacteria, something we often forget, also with medicine and antibiotics which we use rather liberally. Some people need alcohol to have a good time and to even have the courage to talk.. I think they should work on themselves more and not rely on a substance!
Old 22-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
You're still wrong. Gandhi was a lifelong vegetarian (which includes milk) and he tried veganism for a short time. Those are facts on a website devoted to him and his life. http://www.gandhifoundation.net/about%20gandhi5.htm

You're wrong, you've been shown the facts and that you hang on to your error.... maybe it's time to take your ego elsewhere.

And his point .....which you are missing (or ignoring).... is that like the majority of people who try a completely vegan diet. ...Gandhi was not successful with it.......as in got sick.....lost weight and didn't feel good....and was forced to add an animal product back into his diet.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 22-10-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 22-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Your deer season isn't spiritual. You take the life of a being that is closer to the earth than you despite what you tell yourself.

That deer eats the plants which come out of the earth....it is closer just logically speaking. You interrupt it's life by intruding. And if you want to talk about the circle of life, there is NOTHING more basic than the circle of plants and those that consume the plants. You are outside that most basic circle when you decide to kill that animal and take it away from that MOST BASIC CIRCLE OF LIFE.

10's of millions of men and woman around the world who follow the spiritual path of the hunter would disagree.....you are of course entitled to your opinion.

But your lack understanding of the circle of life and how the human species fits into it as the "thinking hunter" is a bit appalling.

I find it interesting how ideological vegans such as yourself have no issue whatsoever with trashing the spiritual beliefs of others and yet claim such spiritual superiority.......

You'll note that I have not said one negative word about anyone's beliefs on here. ....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 22-10-2018 at 06:30 PM.