Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I was familiar with Adyashanti's instruction to 'allow everything to be as it is,'

I love Adyashanti. <3

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 16-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
I love Adyashanti. <3
Me too, I stumbled across his teachings very early on in my spiritual journey and I feel very fortunate that I did
Old 09-03-2020, 09:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Meditation is all about peace of mind. and it is achieved by being concentrated to a point of the most peaceful moment in your life. This is the method that i use.
Old 17-03-2020, 06:25 AM
Seeker

Meditation Styles

A meditation for going deep into the now moment and beyond.

"Sacred Silence" meditation

This meditation was introduced by "Tom Brown Junior" famous author and teacher of the spiritual tools taught him by his Apache Shaman friend he calls Grand Father".

I was taught this meditation by two devoted students of Mr. Browns "Tracker School" I seldom practice it now, as I am less adventuresome as linear time passes, but I would like to offer you a brief description of it, and some of the effects I experienced.

I will skip the relaxation techniques to help keep it short. Once in a relaxed and peaceful state of mind and body, the idea is not to allow any thoughts to enter your mind, none whatsoever. After much practice I was able to hold that silence for longer and longer time periods. Then while maintaining that silence I would get up and move around, while fully immersed in the now moment.

You may have learned that we only exist in the now moment. The past no longer exist and the future is yet to come. What I have experienced in this silence is a prolonged now moment (10 minutes plus) where everything around me appears to be surreal and wonderful, important and special.

There was a time when I began to noticed the table in front of me as though I was seeing it for the first time, examining the grain in the light and noticing how beautiful and perfect it is in every way. (No drugs, just silence in the now moment).

The first time I learned and practiced this meditation was with the two Tom Brown Jr. students. After I achieved the relaxation, the healing and the "Sacred Silence", I was asked to just go walking around in the forest. I was first intuitively drawn to go in a particular direction where I soon walked over an abandoned well covered by a thick board not yet rotted. As I continued to follow the guidance of my intuition, I was drawn to a large tree and a bundle of old clothes hidden from view behind a large tree limb. I removed it then quickly placed it back where I found it.

There was one more significant intuitive description before we left the forest that day. We were blindfolded and asked to go to the sound of the drum. I could not see anything in front of me. I walked around small trees, bushes and over-growth confidently moving toward the drum sound. I must have given total control to my intuitive knowing because I was the first one of our group to arrive. No harm, not even a scratch.

In summary: I would recommend this meditation to those who love nature and all things created. Who consider the Earth as sacred and want to advance their connections with the wonder and beauty of the creation, as well as improving their own abilities to see as our higher self sees.
Old 24-03-2020, 04:00 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCatherine
Hey Guys!
I'm curious about what your journey of developing a meditation practice was like. Have you found meditation to be helpful? How do you like to meditate?

Many thanks,

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

I started during lunch breaks at work, sitting on a patch of grass outside the shop. It started with just observing my feelings in my body. I did this several times until one day on my way home from work a feeling of absolute peace and relaxation came over me. I had not felt so utterly peaceful before as long as I could remember, and I attributed that to my 30 minutes of self exploration.

I did buy a yoga pillow soon afterward and started meditating in a backroom of my house. I found that when I was still and calm, the world around me came alive: My dog rolling a bone across the living room floor, my neighbors talking next door, the cars passing by on the distant highway, and wind chimes singing in the wind.

Meditation helped me discover my true nature, which is consciousness. That is what I got from it. Now I can find pure bliss by resting in bed and listening to the rain outside.

Eric
Old 24-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Master
I feel my style is the best and that i can defeat anyone on meditation.

My style isn't based on fixed patterns or routine. It is fluid, in constant motion.

I can not be out meditated.

Old 24-03-2020, 12:54 PM
Master

@ okey dokey. ...

Old 25-03-2020, 02:15 PM
Newbie ;)

@ A Human Being
I can relate to your situation so curious how you changed your meditation practice. TIA