Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Excellent.

Do you ever think (also) pain in a relationship might be there to show us
that this world sucks (is illusion) and so only seek "Him"?
(Or Reality, the Truth, Higher Consciousness? Whatever one calls "It.)

I'm going to answer that by saying that the illusion - this world - doesn't suck at all. It's rather beautiful and amazing. I never understood why people are in such a hurry to escape this world, to go on to the other side, to be raptured or ascend or go to heaven or whatever.

Yes it's important to let go of our illusions, to realize 3D is a hologram or matrix, etc... but I dunno. I'd rather be here in this worldly playground with a physical body that can experience it all, than a 5D entity. But maybe that's just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
How about 'pain is caused by wanting them to love you, respect you, honor you?'
Rather then it having to do with a belief / illusion we've created for them?
So when they don't it can be a crushing pain or rejection or disappointment?
Thanks.

When I wrote my post last night, I was thinking about my mother, who was here for a visit. We threw a big party. I was driving her crazy because I was going with the flow and not obsessing over all the details that needed to get done, as she would have it, and I would have it years and years ago when I was a different person. I trusted that it would all get done and we'd have just enough food - and it did, and we did. We had enough hands on deck; nobody had to carry the whole burden. When it was time to dust, someone picked up a dust cloth. When it was time to vacuum, someone else picked up the vacuum cleaner. When vegetarian guest arrived, someone else arrived with a vegetarian casserole, as if magically summoned. When it started to rain, and we realized that we had invited too many people to fit inside the house (since we had banked on sunny weather), someone magically showed up with a canape for the back yard. When we realized we did not make enough cake, someone showed up with a second one. On and on... turned out to be a very synchronistic party.

But in the hours leading up to the party, my mom was in emotional pain, and I knew it was because she held tight to her expectations and attachments. It bothered her immensely that I wasn't worrying and stressing. That I wasn't doing things the "right" way (i.e., "her" way). That if the house wasn't perfectly clean or the food just so, it would be a reflection not on me - but on HER. All daughters of mothers know what I mean by that. LOL. Her self-identity has nothing to do with who she is - it's all about how her grown children have turned out. And yes, I think you have nailed it - she felt my doing things differently was a sign of disrespect and dishonor. A rejection of how she raised me and taught me to throw a party.

So we did have conflict before the party, mom and I. And I know that it caused her pain - I could see it on her face. I did not soothe her feelings or do things her way, because that's not my responsibility anymore. Compassion, yes, I could extend that to her. I did not feel any pain myself. I was enjoying and having fun going with the flow because I trusted it would all get done and the party would go off without a hitch, whether anyone worried and stressed or not... which it did.

If you got this far, thank you for reading. :-)
Old 12-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
I did not feel any pain myself. I was enjoying and having fun going with the flow because I trusted it would all get done and the party would go off without a hitch, whether anyone worried and stressed or not... which it did.

Seems you handled things well - as in, you were an example of being in the flow and trusting..and wow, look at all the magic that happened for her to witness!!
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Master
SQ...I think i annoy my mother a lot in that way to because I am so laid-back about things and she fears not being in control and organised. But in saying this, I am the one she always turns to to trust to help her, so even though they appear to be 'rubbed the wrong way and have ruffled feathers', they also appreciate someone else taking control of the reigns for them. lol

Good on you for going with the flow
Old 13-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Master
It is what it is and I don't think anyone ever loved without feeling the pain.

Fine if you want to say all the good stuff was love and all the stuff that hurts is something else... makes no difference... It's still gonna hurt sometimes.