Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 29-07-2014, 01:15 PM
azuly

How to Heal your inner child?

Yesterday I went for a drink with one person that I only met 3 times for a quick moment. I knew she is very spiritual so I though it would be nice to ask her some questions about it. I never suspected what happened next.

She listened and answered my question but then out of the blue she asked me why I so afraid. First response was a laugh.I didn't understand why she asked this as I didn't feel negative,I even though I am changing for better than I was...making progress.... but she wouldn't have it. She asked me again and when I wanted to deny and laugh it off,I got this huge block in my throat,my chest became heavy that I couldn't breath and my 3rd chakra tensed!
She said that from the moment she saw me,her intuition told her everything,she just wanted to hear it from me.

We came to the conclusion(and I do agree with her as I just couldn't find words to explain how and why am I feeling like this) that I've been neglecting my inner child for so long it is time to do some healing. Before I did some exercises but I guess I didn't go deep or my intention wasn't clear enough.
Conversation lasted for 5 hours(felt like 30min),tears were shed(on my part) and a strong feeling I truly have to love my inner child.

Now,today I was thinking how should I start and here is where I'd like your opinion,suggestions too.

... writing down early memories where I felt silenced
....following guided meditation for healing inner child
...writing questions what my inner child needs,wants and wait for an answer

when I tried to visualize little me.first picture was me at age 4 but it was all very foggy, I couldn't concentrate enough to visualize adult me talking to the child.

Thank you for your help.
Old 29-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Knower
There are no coincidences in life, and I know I have found your post for a reason. I have been neglecting my inner child for quite sometime now, and when I first read your post, I wanted to cry.

Here is what I have learned through out years: Our subconscious mind is our inner child, and it is the one running the show. Ever feel like you don't have any control in your own life? This is why. Your inner child believes things about the world that are not true any longer.

I like your ideas of writing down early memories. This is a good digging process and we can see where are issues lay. But remember, the past is the past - dig it up and replace it with a better belief about yourself.

I always suggest positive affirmations, even though I have a deeply rooted belief that they don't work (Oh but I know that they do, deep down, and have used them to change things, to achieve things)
The "hard" part about affirmations is that you have to be diligent and actively work to reprogram your subconscious mind. You have to BELIEVE what you are saying for it to get anywhere near your subconscious!

Anyway, if you ever want to talk to anyone, feel free to PM me. :) Have faith that you can and will heal <3
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 AM
pathfinder

I think your instinct to ask questions to find your inner child is spot on. It is difficult to find the image of the little you, but well worth the effort. Instead of trying to see the child you, try to see a pet or a friend from that time- once you see them, you'll connect to small you. Then try to understand how you were feeling, and validate those feelings. The point is to acknowledge and integrate the little you into the big you and understand how they are the same person.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Master
Hi,

It seems to me that your intuition serves you well for that undertaking.

Best Wishes,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Ivy

Your ideas sound like good ideas, so go with them and see where it takes you. Different approaches work for different people.

If you can, don't forget to allow your child to be a child, but find the loving parent within you too, to do so in safety. There's nothing wrong with jumping in puddles or stopping up later than usual occasionally :) . Children are creative too, so sometimes paints, or making up stories can enable the inner child to speak their own natural language.

If your adult self finds it difficult to communicate with the child, try writing a letter to him/her, especially if there is something emotional that your child might shy away from... writing can help to bridge that gap, and in the silence, the child may reply.