Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 19-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Fangsfriend

Feel like I'm being blocked.

I'm currently feeling as tho someone or something is restricting my spiritual communications. Not sure why this would be occurring but it is beginning to concern me as I can't get past this blockage. I had a trying time back in March of this year- a favorite family pet- my deceased Mothers 16 year old cat passed away, and a young male stray that I had taken in over the cold winter months left one day and did not return. I ended the month of March grieving.
Then one night in mid April, I dreamt of a large, black feline sitting on his haunches, looking at me with black- grey eyes. I wasn't frightened, and I took note of his intensive gaze because I was curious to see if it was perhaps the spirit of my missing stray (he was solid black too, but had copper eyes). I recall looking deep into the animals eyes and I could see nothing- again, no fear, no message, just an overwhelming understanding that he wanted me to look into his eyes.
I mentioned the visit to my cousin who is more adventuresome spirit worldwise than I am-& she tells me that she's going to call on some Angelic intervention to help speed my sadness away ect ect.
I did have a few little blips here and there, not my usual "chats" that I usually have- and then.... Radio silence. Weeks and weeks now. I feel like someone threw a fire blanket over me!
Has anyone else ever gone through this? What could have brought on this blockage?
As a side note- just yesterday I got information that is as yet confirmed, but it's possible that my nephew passed from a drug overdose on March 22. I am traveling to where he was living to check with the police and the few friends he may have had. He was estranged from the family, but had stayed with me for a few weeks this past fall. My understanding is that if he has indeed passed, there would be no one who would have claimed him- so I will.
Could this be an issue? I knew he had a drug problem and I tried to help, but he refused my offers for rehab.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm so confused by this that I don't know what end to start trying to clear out!
Old 19-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
Hi Fangsfriend,
I am sorry about all your losses of loved ones recently. The passing of your two cat companions must have felt hard. They weave their way into our hearts and souls, and life can feel strange indeed without their everyday presence. I am also sorry about what has happened with your nephew. Whatever difficulties and challenges he endured in this life, he is in Spirit now, and will receive help love and companionship there. Blessings to him, and to the spirits of your two cats, also on a wonderful journey.

This may be very different, but I have also felt it has been a little more difficult to contact those I love in spirit over the past 5-6 weeks or so. This is quite unusual, and feels more distinct than little 'blocks' which happened before (and passed quickly). I sense their contacts still at times, but suddenly over those last few weeks, more vaguely than I am accustomed to.

So I keep patient, try not to worry about anything, keep my heart attuned each day, send my unconditional love as usual.
I also sense some 'blocking' happening, that somehow does not feel personal. I think there have to be tides and ebbs and flows going on that we know nothing or little about. The best we can do I think is to keep attuned to what we hold dear, keep peace in our hearts, and also get on with life in the meantime...letting our loved ones know, every day, that we still love them.
These things pass. And it may well be nothing that you are 'doing wrong' at all.
Old 20-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Fangsfriend

Dear Tobi,
Many Thanks for your words of encouragement. You have given me something to think about, and perhaps if I stop trying to find that proverbial "needle in a haystack", I just might find that what I am searching for has been within reach all this time. My inner soul seems to be weighted down with so much grief and the rekindled feelings of loss. I know better than to feel this way, as I understand and true in the ways of the universe.
But I am everyone's "rock" here in the physical world ( for my family & friends), and sometimes even I tend to forget that I am merely mortal at this point, and yes, I too can become overwhelmed and depressed.
You have helped me to see this issue from a different perspective, and I am most grateful Tobi.

The other night I dreamt of my nephew, and in our conversation he disclosed his reasons to me for refusing to visit with certain family members. His accusations were quite alarming, and very believable- at first. But then lying and manipulation are trademarks of an addict- so I'm not really sure what to think.
He truly had become a pathological liar these past few years, so I would never mention my dream to anyone.
Would he still be trying to manipulate me from the spirit world I wonder?
I've heard it said that once you cross over, your spirit can no longer speak untruths. I'm not convinced of this at this point knowing my nephew as I do.
Also, I never have contact thru a dream dream. It's always thru a lucid awake/asleep state, or when I'm fully alert.
I'm just not sure about anything right now.

Perhaps this whole set of issues is somehow related to the goings on up at Lily Dale, NY. Currently it's the big convention, and I had considered going up for a few days- but I think I'll wait till Sept.
It's a few hours away from me, drivable by auto-& I just visited for the first time last year (off season).
Perhaps everyone's energy is being pulled- and being tossed about like in a washing machine! Nobody gets their gifts back till everything is cleaned and the wrinkles are gone! :)

I can honestly say I am much less stressed about things after reading your response Tobi. I will wait it out and continue as normally as I can as you suggest.
Best Regards...
Old 20-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
Sure -when loved ones pass into spirit, they are (most often anyway)doing very well, have gone home, and we suppose we shouldn't feel sad or painful about them leaving. But we would have to have hearts made out of stone not to miss them acutely, and grieve. The more we loved them, and loved their presence in our lives with us, the more we feel the loss.
Grieving is natural, and so are the many emotions which come up during grieving. Even when we KNOW that they are happy and still love us, we still miss them very much, and it takes time to adjust -to their leaving, and to the changes in our life.
One thing grieving does is take us deep within ourselves. This can be a very positive thing, even through any pain. It can have moments of great beauty and grace.
But all this uses a lot of energy, and when there are heavy demands on us from other people, or our everyday lives, it can be much harder to cope. Like trying to balance 2 worlds with completely different energies, at once in the same space.
What can help is if there can be some quiet times, not necessarily meditation-times, but even country walks, or peaceful moments alone. Nature will help re-charge 'batteries' so being alone outside in the elements can help bridge the gap. And when energy is more calm and re-charged, sometimes spiritual insights come, or even loving connections with the ones who have passed.
I find these things can help in a time of grief.

About your nephew....I can only speak from my own personal experiences which by their nature are limited, so others may know far more....but as far as I have experienced, when we pass over we are very much 'ourselves' in character, in many ways. The more we progress in spirit, the more our deeper truth shines out, and we become -still 'ourselves' -but much less egoic, and not so bothered by many things which we considered important in everyday life. In a way it's like we become 'distilled' more in essence.
That is if we progress naturally, to the level in spirit to which we harmonise with, within us. The finer level we progress to -the stronger are the energies of love, happiness, compassion, etc.
But of course, it is possible that a person gets stuck in a certain frame of mind. It is possible a person can 'hang back' for one reason or another. No-one is forced to move on. It is their own choice, and can only be made from their intrinsic nature, and deepest wishes. Loving energies are always available, but it can sometimes take some 'time' (or dropping of old views) before blessings can be perceived
So I am saying -it IS possible your nephew could be stuck in his old ways.
I don't really like saying that, as it could project into your mind something 'stuck' and 'fixed' and negative about him, which is what you don't need to be feeling....but to be fair I had to say that.
What you can do (this is important) Be aware whatever he is going through is a passing thing. It will resolve itself. Time doesn't operate the same way there as it does here, so time doesn't matter. But what matters is energy, and maybe you can help him still!
No matter what you sense, or dream about him, hold him in the Light That means when thoughts go out to that person they are always the finest most loving kind thoughts and will not be moved by anything in this world or the next. Prayer will help (if you are a 'prayer' person) As will asking for assistance from Higher and Most Loving Beings.

By the way...if he isn't stuck in his ways, and these dreams are more like echoes of the memory you have of him, in your own psyche -then 'holding him in the Light' is still relevant, won't do any harm at all, and he will know you still care and are compassionate towards him.