Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-12-2010, 09:36 PM
EternallyHurt

What If ...?

What if a spirit comes to you and claims that it was somebody famous while it was on Earth ... does that automatically make the spirit evil or of darkness?

I know this is probably a stupid question ... *shrugs*
Old 18-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Suspended
Hiya EH

There are no stupid questions.

What I try and do is equate spirits to humans...as in alive humans.

So if another human comes along and tells you he/she was famous in a previous life, how would you take that/feel?

Would you assume that person was evil or of darkness?

The way I see it is that humans (and other beings) have their own personalities - they might be playful, sarcastic, helpful, draining, generating, samaritans, mischievous and so on.

Whatever spirit you have encountered, treat it as if you've met someone in the pub on a Friday night...in other words, be discerning

Squatch
Old 18-12-2010, 10:04 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya EH

There are no stupid questions.

What I try and do is equate spirits to humans...as in alive humans.

So if another human comes along and tells you he/she was famous in a previous life, how would you take that/feel?

Would you assume that person was evil or of darkness?

The way I see it is that humans (and other beings) have their own personalities - they might be playful, sarcastic, helpful, draining, generating, samaritans, mischievous and so on.

Whatever spirit you have encountered, treat it as if you've met someone in the pub on a Friday night...in other words, be discerning

Squatch

Oh wow, thank you soo much for being nice to me
Thank you for your reply ... I think I have to re-read it to fully understand it though ... Im not the smartest person lol ... = /

Okay lol, after re-reading, I understand what you are saying
But I am having this really HUGE difficulty ... I do think of spirits as people now who have passed over to wherever ... I never used to look at them like that before ...

My issue is, a spirit approached me MANY times and though it is gone now, I still think about it ... its like a mark inside of me ...
I asked the spirit to "verify itself" and tell me who it was ... and it told me that it was someone very famous ... the "famous" part isnt what bothers me ... what does bother me is, the fact that this "famous" person never met or even knew me while they were on Earth .. but I did love them very much from what I thought I knew about them ... does that make sense?

WOW, I will shut up now, I feel crazy lol ... :(

Anyways thank you soo much for your reply and all my LOVE to you ^_^ <3.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyHurt
My issue is, a spirit approached me MANY times and though it is gone now, I still think about it ... its like a mark inside of me ...
I asked the spirit to "verify itself" and tell me who it was ... and it told me that it was someone very famous ... the "famous" part isnt what bothers me ... what does bother me is, the fact that this "famous" person never met or even knew me while they were on Earth .. but I did love them very much from what I thought I knew about them ... does that make sense?

Yes it does.

We tend to have 'affinities' with others that make no sense. It may or may not be someone you've had a past/parallel life with (if you believe those things).

The 'being famous' (on his/her part) may be something you both needed to experience....for whatever reason.

It's really interesting and a source of fascination...even though I'm rather skeptic.

Squatch
Old 18-12-2010, 10:12 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Yes it does.

We tend to have 'affinities' with others that make no sense. It may or may not be someone you've had a past/parallel life with (if you believe those things).

The 'being famous' (on his/her part) may be something you both needed to experience....for whatever reason.

It's really interesting and a source of fascination...even though I'm rather skeptic.

Squatch

If you dont mind me asking, where does your skepticism lie ?
I think if you kenw my full story, which Ive tried 3 times to post on here but wont work, you would understand a little bit better :-)

All my LOVE to you <33 .
Old 18-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyHurt
If you dont mind me asking, where does your skepticism lie ?
I think if you kenw my full story, which Ive tried 3 times to post on here but wont work, you would understand a little bit better :-)

All my LOVE to you <33 .

Hiya EH

My skepticism lies not with your story, but with the whole meaning. I'm also a semi-believer having had a few experiences that transcend understanding (and which brought me here to SF).

I have reservations about letting experiences colour beliefs, or vice versa, and I'm rather down to earth.

My 'spiritual' experiences tend to be dreams and they are proving interesting to say the least. More about the power of mind than anything paranormal. I like an open mind however.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:31 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Hiya EH

My skepticism lies not with your story, but with the whole meaning. I'm also a semi-believer having had a few experiences that transcend understanding (and which brought me here to SF).

I have reservations about letting experiences colour beliefs, or vice versa, and I'm rather down to earth.

My 'spiritual' experiences tend to be dreams and they are proving interesting to say the least. More about the power of mind than anything paranormal. I like an open mind however.

Hello and thank you for your reply
I posted a tad bit of my experience on a whole new different thread if your interested ...

I have had a couple of dreams that came true ... but things have happened to me furthermore than only dreams and its kind of hard for me to understand ... Im only 17, mind you lol = /

Im down to earth too ... sometimes Im too down to earth that I think it could and has annoyed people ... while alot of people believe in things like "connections" and "synchs" ... I often say "coincidences" lol ... cant help it ... *shrugs*

Im with you, I dont know the whole meaning of my experience either ... especially when I look at certain parts of it ... *sigh*
It makes me evry sad to have no understanding

Im very open minded though ...