Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
12padams

My life, would you deal with it differently?

Read through a summary of my life and tell me if you would do the same as me if you were in my situation. Please note that I have never smoked, had drugs, drunk alcohol or had sex and will never do those things ever.

What I do:
I am 18 and have devoted my entire life to astral projection. I found out about it when I was 14 yet had no success until I started logging my attempts in my books at age 17. Since then I have had some really good and bad astral experiences that have cheered me up a lot and given purpose to my lost life. My goal is to prove to the world that astral projection is not just created by your mind... If not then the skeptic belief will flourish.

Where the problems started:
Astral projection however is something I would not have done if my life turned out fine. When I was 14 I started working at McDonalds so that I could save up enough money for an iPod touch 2nd gen 32gig. I was a tech obsessed teen at that point in my life and literally spent up to 6 hours a day on the computer.

McDonald's was absolute hell because after just 2 hours I had major back pain. I worked there for 3 hours per day cleaning 1 day a week for 8 months on top of high school. Each day I would come home and had to lay down on my bed for 4 hours to recover from the constant pain. I got an X-ray in 2009 and it revealed that I had moderate scoliosis and kyphosis.

No cure for back problems:
I visited a physio and did heaps of exercises but none helped me in a noticeable way. I then saw a chiropractor for 2 days a week who also gave me excerses and did back manipulation but that didn't help me either. I then visited 2 Bowen therapists who were totally against chiropractors but they didn't help me either.

My life "going well" anyway:
By early 2011 when boys were chasing girls everyone's grades dropped except mine because I am asexual (no interest/desire for sex). I sucked at English (only got 70-75%) but that didn't matter because in year 11/12 grades don't matter it's only your rank against everyone else. I came 1st!!! For the first time in my life in English and everything seemed to be going well.

I wasn't physically able to do much so I spent most of my time either studying or playing computer games. I attempted astral projection every now and then but the computer was too much of a distraction/instant entertainment which stopped me from achieving astral success.

I was a top student coming first for every assignment/test in my two computer subjects (software development and information processes) in other subjects I was coming 3-8 out of 40 or so people so everything was going awesome. I was going to be a successful programmer (i had a programming addiction and kept on making cool programs/games) so my physical back problem didn't hinder my life whatsoever. That was until I learnt about something in a software development class.

My life shattered:
In march 2011 I learnt about RSI (repetitive strain injury) in a software development class. I didn't pay much attention to this however since I heard it usually effects old people over 40. Little did I know that at the beginning of may 2011 my computing "career" had to come to an end before it even started.

I was on my computer and after about 3 hours of being on it I started feeling sore. 20 minutes later I had to stop using it entirely. After 4 hours I recovered but after spending 1 hour on it I was in constant pain in my fingers for the next 2 days without computer use.

At that point I stopped using the computer entirely since RSI can heal in a week if you catch it at the beginning. In people under 20 it shouldn't last for more than 1 month. Well I continued on spending my afternoons watching videos on gaming and programming but I just wasn't the same. I only ever used the computer for 20 minutes a day to do homework/assignments.

After 2 weeks I was still unable to use the computer so in mid may 2011 I got an ergonomic person to come and check my computer environment setup. One word... "terrible". Spent hundreds to fix it up...

1 month went by... Still had RSI, then 2,3 and 4 months and I was still without my computer. Infact the RSI was getting worse. On the 4th month I lost my ability to write with a pen... (I got that ability back 5 months ago) without being able to write school became impossible and in the end I had to complete year 11 and drop out of school.

While away from school Bowen theory did not cure my RSI. But it slowly improved with time. I could finally write with a pen again but only for short periods. I could use the computer but no more than 5 minutes per hour. So in October 2011 I started astral projection and wrote a book (using speech recognition since I can't type) to log my experiences. Since there was nothing else good in my life I managed to quickly get success.

In order to fix my posture I thought that doing childcare would be a good option to heal my "computer posture" and strengthen my back. After just a few 3 hour sessions in Tafe/college I was suffering through hell. I enjoyed working with the children but my back didn't and well... By the end of it I was suffering for hours trying to get better. I still do this every Wednesday :(

My Tafe teachers started saying "we don't think this is the right path for you. We had good backs and then we did childcare and now we have bad backs. The more work you do the more damaged your back gets." this complete shattered me because I thought child care would fix my back yet it turned into the compete opposite.

Summary of my physical problems:
yep... Those are just the major ones. I have heaps more but won't even list all of them here... Just the ones that most effect me most:
Both back problems: Can't stand for more than 2 hours per day.
RSI: Can't use my hands for more than 10 minutes per hour.
Flatfoot: Can't walk without orthotics. No walking in saddles or barefoot.
Sensitive Skin: can't be in the sun for more than 15 minutes unprotected without getting sunburnt. The ozone layer is destroyed in Australia so UV rays are highly dangerous :(
Low pain threshold/weakness: I feel pain dramatically more than normal people. Even blood pressure tests (tight squeeze around arm) make me scream in pain.
And much more...

Summary of my external problems:
- Can't Meet my friends must stay home due to overprotective father.
- Can't do anything fun apart from astral projection but this only happens every 2 weeks or so.
- Must attend Tafe/do assignments and look after my toddler sister which leaves me with 1 hour free time each day. I use this time only to work on my book or post on forums about ap/lucid dreaming.
- Religious parents won't let me Astral project so I have to keep it secret from them.

So I just work, care for my sister and write my book... That's it. I can't do anything else. Would you do the same if you were me?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Master
Hi.

Tough situation. Wow. What strikes me is that you are very sensitive, but I guess you know that.

I wouldn't normally ask this, but do you connect with your guides or guardian angels? Also, have you tried Reiki for your physical issues?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 PM
12padams

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I wouldn't normally ask this, but do you connect with your guides or guardian angels? Also, have you tried Reiki for your physical issues?

No to both of them... My parents Don't accept spiritual things as they say it's against god.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Master
I guess you are to some degree a product of the mentoring examples in your life.

Disciplines introduced by your parents help with study application.

Examples of good relationships show you how to be successful in it if it doesn't come naturally for you. As will be examples of success in yuor life, so look for good ones and follow the right things they do.

Regarding your astral projection I am a bit psychic too and as much as I love it its a good hobby but don't pay bills. This is something ( paying bills) that must become really important to you now and for survival.

Probably what I would do if i was you is instead of the thought of all the things wrong in your life being an obstacle to big to get over, maybe It is time to concentrtate on what things you do do well and use them to do something that will make you feel you are contributing to something that makes you feel worthwhile and needed.

There are careers advisors that can help match your interests/ natural talents with your physical abilities and education.

In your teens it is very important to try to do this as often the career path you choose can set the path for your whole working life and tertiary study is a very worthwile thing to do.

One thing I have noticed is if you are flat out busy with your mind on a goal, most of your physical aliments get forgotten about. But if you are sitting around miserable they amplify themselves.

Let me give you an example:

Imagine you kicked your toe and it hurts almost to bad too walk. If you felt depressed you would just sit there with it . However imagine if you had a lottery ticket worth millions of dollars that had to be cashed in in the next 30 min at the local newsagent in your hands at the same time you kicked your toe.

The only way to get there to cash it in is run fast.

You wouldn't be sitting in your chair worrying about that toe letting millions of dollars go unclaimed, you would be running on it.

In some ways just getting busy doing stuff you can do shifts your focus off those issues and brings you happiness.

Ps. dont go to chiropracters they are a bad plan, a surgeon told me that after one also helped wreck my neck and put me in hospital. Go to an osteopath. An osteopath is like a general practitioner (like your family doctor) crossed with a physiotherapist. They know what they are on about.

Remedial massage is a good plan I assume thats what you mean by Bowen, that wont get you in trouble and can be fairly good success wise.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12padams
No to both of them... My parents Don't accept spiritual things as they say it's against god.

Hmmm. Tricky. Have you thought about where you would like to be in...say....2 years time. What would you like to be doing? What kind of life you would like to be living?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Quagmire

Quote:

I will tell you this much and that is that any god that gives people orders or ask you to worship or submit to them are not worth listening to. People should always follow their own heart. The new order of Gods that will emerge within the new world will ask nothing in return for their gifts and will teach everyone that gods and humans are equal.

But if I were you I would work on my chakras because I sense there is an imbalance in you. I think it is between what your heart tells you and what your head has been told and such an imbalance can easily manifest itself in the physical body. Also I would relax and be patient, because if you trust your heart and follow the path it has laid out for you everything will come to you by itself.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
CatChild

You sound like a starseed. Perhaps look into some form of meditation to discover more about your planetary origin. (Not sure what You believe re Christianity/Spirituality) but by chance if you are open to it, you May find the key to your own treatment.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
12padams

Quote:
In some ways just getting busy doing stuff you can do shifts your focus off those issues and brings you happiness.

Unfortunately I am busy to the brim... That's one of the reasons I am miserable :( I go to Tafe for 30 hours per week, get 6 hours sleep a night and look after my sister for the entire weekend as well as after Tafe on weekdays. I am already fully busy and the one hour of "relax" time per day is the time I spend writing with my voice. Also anything I do damages me so I have to be as careful as possible.

Quote:
Regarding your astral projection I am a bit psychic too and as much as I love it its a good hobby but don't pay bills. This is something ( paying bills) that must become really important to you now and for survival.
Luckily there is a good side to my life... My family is semi-rich and can support me through whatever job I take. It's just sad that there hasn't been joy in my life since may 2011 when I had to stop using the computer... Looks like I'll never be happy again for the rest of my life unless the September prediction proves worthy :(

Quote:
Hmmm. Tricky. Have you thought about where you would like to be in...say....2 years time. What would you like to be doing? What kind of life you would like to be living?
Boy I know alright but I can't say it here since its secret... If gods, aliens, spirits and the rest exist then boom I get to go to the place I want. (oh crud sounds like I was talking about suicide... It's not that!)

If September doesn't happen though I guess I would like to be healed of my problems and working in a Montessori school then going home to do programming and gaming on my computer for the afternoon.

Quote:
But if I were you I would work on my chakras because I sense there is an imbalance in you.
Wish I had some kind of way to "see" them. Otherwise I really don't know :(

Quote:
You sound like a starseed. Perhaps look into some form of meditation to discover more about your planetary origin. (Not sure what You believe re Christianity/Spirituality) but by chance if you are open to it, you May find the key to your own treatment.
What's A starseed? (edit: googled it... Yes I escape physical life in anyway possible except drugs? I don't fit here on earth and even the ones I speak to believe I am supposed to leave my mortal form) Anyway if September is true then I will be healed of all my problems and get the perfect life. A life on my dream computer is a life in hell to compared of what's supposed to happen to me...
Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Wish I had some kind of way to "see" them. Otherwise I really don't know :(

I have a deal with myself that I shall excersise in Chakra drawing so I will se if I can find some time this weekend or in the beginning of next week, if you want to be my first pratice subject.

Quote:
What's A starseed? (edit: googled it... Yes I escape physical life in anyway possible except drugs) Anyway if September is true then I will be healed of all my problems and get the perfect life. A life on my dream computer is a life in hell to compared of what's supposed to happen to me...

One thing is what will happen in September, but for now we shall see if we can find a way for your life at the moment to be better. Focus on the moment instead of worrying about the future (and I know the words sound easier than they are, but they are truly wise).
Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 PM
12padams

Quote:
I have a deal with myself that I shall excersise in Chakra drawing so I will se if I can find some time this weekend or in the beginning of next week, if you want to be my first pratice subject.
Ooooh I would love to :) you know about my little free time though... What does it require me to do? Can it be done over Skype/msn if I am looking after my sister?
Quote:
One thing is what will happen in September, but for now we shall see if we can find a way for your life at the moment to be better. Focus on the moment instead of worrying about the future (and I know the words sound easier than they are, but they are truly wise).
So you think it will happen to us? Just knowing it will would give me the positivity in my current situation now. Has he told you everything? (say yes or no but don't say what it is) And are you confident in it. Just knowing is enough for me to be happy until it happens and ignore the negativity in my life.
I will do things like chakra balancing and maybe kundalini rising (Not that I would need it once September occurs) but much more open to spiritual things. I wish I had free time though :(