Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-09-2011, 03:07 AM
nightowl

Pilgrimage?

I am curious if any one here has ever made a pilgrimage to a certain place? What was your reason for making it and what did you learn from it?

Are there any here who would like to make a pilgrimage to a certain place? If so where and why?

Do you believe that this is a viable means of gaining spiritual insight?

All spiritual views are welcome!
Old 27-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Master
every place can be a pilgrimage. Best pilgrimage is purest mind
Old 27-09-2011, 05:51 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
every place can be a pilgrimage. Best pilgrimage is purest mind

So Thinker do you believe in sacred sites or 'holy' places? Do you believe there are certain places that possess a concentrated spiritual energy?
Old 27-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Master
I think that all so called holy sites are of the mind, we project our god or whatever into a building or a tree, or whatever, when in fact the holiness if there is such thing is within, as Thinker said, the best pilgrimage is purest mind.
Old 28-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Master
I have been to places in south Asia that have amazingly strong energy, a presence beyond what one might expect.

I see this as a combination of ley lines and points, electromatic patterns covering the planet, and the accumulated focus and devotion of pilgrimage people who have worshiped or meditated there over the years.

Xan

Old 28-09-2011, 03:30 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I have been to places in south Asia that have amazingly strong energy, a presence beyond what one might expect.

I see this as a combination of ley lines and points, electromatic patterns covering the planet, and the accumulated focus and devotion of pilgrimage people who have worshiped or meditated there over the years.

Xan

Yes Xan I would agree with all you have said.

It is a fascinating...I think of the historical pilgrimages people would take and I wonder sometimes how they felt, you know what it must have been like. There are some historical churches that still retain this energy as well. The Celtic people had a strong connection to wells and mounds. There are some who believe that Stonehenge was a place of pilgrimages at one time...

Psychoslice,

I like to believe my mind, body and spirit are all connected to Spirit and it is possible to sense Spirit in all ways.
Old 29-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Time

I think sometimes you can pilgramage without concsiously doing so.

When I was out west, I was offered to go on a hike in the rockies... My first time seeing gigantic mountains... We went up into a plateu and flood lain u like 6000m, and was the most peaceful, clean, calming, energizing place I have ever been to... Blew away midnight mass, for the vibes you catch.

It turns out, that the general area I was in, is concidered by some literature, to be an earth chakra, the crown to be exact. I didnt know this at the time, I just took in the vibes, and was blown away by this place.

It turns out also, that the general area i was in, was a site where many native tribes of the area went for spiritual ceremonies.
Old 29-09-2011, 10:57 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I think sometimes you can pilgramage without concsiously doing so.

When I was out west, I was offered to go on a hike in the rockies... My first time seeing gigantic mountains... We went up into a plateu and flood lain u like 6000m, and was the most peaceful, clean, calming, energizing place I have ever been to... Blew away midnight mass, for the vibes you catch.

It turns out, that the general area I was in, is concidered by some literature, to be an earth chakra, the crown to be exact. I didnt know this at the time, I just took in the vibes, and was blown away by this place.

It turns out also, that the general area i was in, was a site where many native tribes of the area went for spiritual ceremonies.

This is a different way of looking at it Time, cool, maybe you were being drawn to this place without even realizing it, I do believe things like this happen more then we recognize sometimes.
Old 30-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
This is a different way of looking at it Time, cool, maybe you were being drawn to this place without even realizing it, I do believe things like this happen more then we recognize sometimes.

My whole experience outwest could be summed up quite liek that... and my time back home. But regardless, closest thing to a pilgramidge ive been on so far..

Although, my grandma did go on a small one through the holy land....