Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie

Thank you for posting these great pictures, Mattie! I'm terrible with getting jps on SF. These are really nice ankhs.

Blackraven
Old 26-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Eudaimonist

This is a symbol that I helped design for the Fellowship of Reason, a philosophical community of which I am a member:

The wreath represents life and growth, and can also symbolize personal excellence. The wreath is not closed at the top, symbolizing "room for growth" all the way through life. Our growth is open-ended.

The gold shield represents the telos (the natural target) of human life, which is wholeness, harmony, and happiness. The circularity of the disk represents wholeness, the lack of inner division represents harmony, and the bright gold color represents happiness.

This is a sacred symbol for me. It is equivalent to the Christian cross symbol, but for myself.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 27-09-2011, 10:37 AM
mattie

Copying Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Thank you for posting these great pictures, Mattie! I'm terrible with getting jps on SF. These are really nice ankhs.

Blackraven

I'm fascinated by the Egyptian icons too.

I'm on a Mac (Snow Leapord), so I don't know if this will help. To drop in the image, I highlight the image w/ a cursor swipe, right click either copy image or copy image address, then go back to the reply which I've already posted w/ a title & use the photo option above this reply box (yellow post card icon). Paste the URL that will be saved in the box & click OK. Then click save on the reply box. The URL will show bracketed w/ an [IMG] tag. I have no idea why sometimes the copy image address works when the copy image doesn't work. Sometimes the image is blocked & can't be copied either way.

Of course, these will be slightly different than if you're on a PC, but maybe there are some similarities that will help.

Last edited by mattie : 27-09-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 27-09-2011, 10:49 AM
mattie

Classic Laurel Wreath

The Laurel wreath is a beautiful symbol. Some others-

Old 27-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Blooms Bright

I have found myself constantly drawing daisies. They can be in all different shapes and appear after my signature. I have even created a Daisy design that is tattooed on the top of my foot. At first I thought it represented my love of gardening, however as I grow older I have come to realize that for me it represents happiness and a gentle innocence. To this day a simple Daisy can make me smile : )
Old 30-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Master
Hey Mattie,

thanks for all those pictures. I didn't know what an Ankh was. I've seen them, just never knew what they were called.

And you posted my spiritual symbol; Celtic cross. Very nice

zipzip