Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Maiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Not speaking for Verunia, but compared to the pure knowing of our true self all thinking is misguided and weak.

I agree. I used to worry and fret so much about everything until I got so tired of it all. I thought enough is enough. I realised that I was actually making situations worse for myself with all the worry and fretting - I was getting in my own way. I decided to take a back seat and simply let some things work themselves out. And life went on.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Guide
Yes, the whole 'misguided and weak' thing really pertained to my anxious thinking, and obsessing I often do. But when you clear all thought, it just becomes a lot easier to see what's really there I guess. What's really happening in the eye of the storm- peace, and understanding.

Maiya, that's the way to do it! I think that's called acceptance.
Old 14-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist
compared to the pure knowing of our true self all thinking is misguided and weak.

No, it isn't. You are missestimating the power of knowledge of the true self. It doesn't confer infallibility. Thinking is no more fallible than this.

eudaimonia,

Mark... The further I go in discovering the true self directly and experientially, the more I realize it is impossible to overestimate the power of its wisdom.

Xan

Old 29-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Master
I just liked this thread.

Old 29-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
When you think, you lose focus on everything around you and become aware of the mental world. I have found it to be incredibly unstable (for myself, at least) and less helpful the more I demand from it. It's only when I stop thinking, breathe a little, and write while not allowing a single thought to pass through, that I find any answers. Thinking is a domino effect of sorts, if you push one over it leads to another and so on. You can't have one thought without another one if you're thinking about something. That is why it's useless. The truth from deep down comes in a long stream of consciousness, one focused idea. I have trouble experiencing it in my mind and that is why I write it. If not write, I would put it into a poem, and if not that, I would draw it or something. I would create it into something beautiful and offer it to the world because not only does it help me in understanding my everyday issues, but it couldn't hurt to show other people.

Thinking has it's uses in reasoning, learning, and social interaction. The brain is the most important organ in the body, though the heart could be argued against that. It's a matter of opinion for the most part. My point is that like anything else it can be abused. I have abused it my entire life as it's the only thing I know how to do. I have no idea how to deal with my problems through logical thinking and reasoning in most cases- problems being emotional and psychological ones. Things that threaten my wellbeing and existence are hard for me to logically understand, and find answers to due to fear and anxiety over the whole situation. The thoughts are horridly misguided and weak, cloudy, and most of all never ending. For the past 18 years I've relied on this type of thinking to get me through life and to be honest it's getting harder as I get older. The fact of the matter is that you can't rely simply on the mind to work things out- some things require deeper understanding. Some things you just need to see without reason or bias, and without fear. I cannot do this normally so I sit down, take some breaths, and write my life away. It's the only thing that gets me out of limbo and into my true self.

What's a true self? It's not a big spiritual thing, not a higher self. It's not fantastic, sparkly, divine, or any of that. To me it is the thing I love most because it's who I really am... The true self is behind the thoughts, behind the worldy fear, behind every feeling you have. It's you, you recognize it as you, and you love it because it is really you. This was a huge realization for me because for once in my life, I was not my thoughts. I was not my pain and suffering. I was everything but all the negatives and I was finally free.

You express it through your passions. Art, music, writing, etc. ANYTHING you enjoy fully and that drives you to your most comfortable zone is a passion. If your passion creates physical things, wonderful. If not, wonderful. You do not always need to express yourself unless you desire to.

This isn't something you need to worship or call upon. You don't need to learn about it. It was always there and always will be. Just take some time every few days, or more frequent if you like, and get in tune with it. I forget who I am a lot due to getting consumed in the physical world and, most of all, my mind. I have to realign with myself, so to speak. That's just the way I am. And if that's the way you are too, then be happy, because there are worse situations you could be in.

Don't be fooled by my words, you are your true self. There is no separation. But thoughts and short term memory can just kick dust over this fragile and sensitive person that you are. But, either way, I am thankful that I can have this time to share this, because it truly helps me understand myself and I hope it helps others too.

That is a wonderful and earthy post!