Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The kneejerk, and simple minded reactions to the Gospel, which has it's roots in the Old Testament, I've all heard before. The reasoning is based on the mindset that this world is more real than Spirit, and placing priority of it, over the eternal.

So David, why do you ignore the messianic prophesies written ages before, and the words of Jesus Himself which I quoted, about His purpose?
Amen.

Because, I think that Jesus's purpose and teaching was always going to be at risk of subversion so that instead of opposing religion in the style of the Pharisee's it could end up supporting them and becoming just like what he originally opposed. The idea he died for us that is one thing and I think he did. But to then go further and say it is all about sin and not about people knowing God in the heart... I think this emphasis on sin is the problem, I think Jesus came to give the Holy Spirit and that's as far as I go
Old 20-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Master
So, then despite the prophesies in the old testament about His atoning work for sins, despite the establishment by God of the atoning practices, you feel that He went to the cross only because He defied authority? That's the whole of it?

Really makes no sense.

The prophesies exist, and the Essenes preserved the scrolls, which show our modern translations to be accurate.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-04-2019, 03:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
So, then despite the prophesies in the old testament about His atoning work for sins, despite the establishment by God of the atoning practices, you feel that He went to the cross only because He defied authority? That's the whole of it?

Really makes no sense.

The prophesies exist, and the Essenes preserved the scrolls, which show our modern translations to be accurate.

I don't have any problem with those that experience their faith through the atonement. but not everyone will find faith that way i think its great for people to find faith. so i'm just saying how i see Jesus for me personally
i guess i think that God is very tolerant of different beliefs about him and welcoming of these even if they contradict each other he accepts this.
Old 23-04-2019, 03:22 PM
ImthatIm

Can we ask ourselves, Is the blood symbolic?
If the blood is symbolic?
Symbolic for what?

P.S.
Apologeez.I thought I was in a different thread.
Old 23-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I don't have any problem with those that experience their faith through the atonement. but not everyone will find faith that way i think its great for people to find faith. so i'm just saying how i see Jesus for me personally
i guess i think that God is very tolerant of different beliefs about him and welcoming of these even if they contradict each other he accepts this.

Isn't God who we percieve him/her to be.... Therefore some will find contradictions rather than individuality in oneness
Old 23-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Can we ask ourselves, Is the blood symbolic?
If the blood is symbolic?
Symbolic for what?

P.S.
Apologeez.I thought I was in a different thread.

Symbolic for life
Old 23-04-2019, 06:19 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Symbolic for life

That is kinda where I was going.

Blood=Life
Blood comes from the heart which=Love
Old 23-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
That is kinda where I was going.

Blood=Life
Blood comes from the heart which=Love

Well we can't live without blood and living without love is unnatural
Old 24-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Isn't God who we percieve him/her to be.... Therefore some will find contradictions rather than individuality in oneness

Sky yes although we are individually perceiving the same thing
The contradictions exist but can be resolved in oneness
The problem is by taking sides in one over the other the contradictions can be resolved by one being true and the others false
If the true measure is not obtained in that exercise nothing good will come of it