Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-02-2020, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
And the exact same can be said for what you just posted. So what's the point of posting?

All I'm saying is there are spiritual traditions and they mean something to the practitioners. They have doctrines and practices. These have to be conveyed via concepts and language. There is no other way.

I understand all of this. The only thing I'm pointing out is misunderstanding of a spiritual path. If one wants to be a dualist, that's okay. Practice LoA, cool. Mediumship, astral projection, whatever. Fine. Just don't call an apple an orangutan or if you do at least be prepared to have a deep and passionate discussion about it in a venue such as this. LOL!

Yes eggsactly, the same can be said for what I am saying, for what Ramana said, Jesus said and for what a host of other master Guru's have said .

Peeps can't have it both ways can they, I speak about things as I see it, as I experience it, as I realize it and I don't speak about them being absolute truths and I would say there is value in what everyone say's about how they perceive self and their reality .

I am merely emphasising that it doesn't matter if the bloke down the street say's something about non duality or Oneness or whether a master Guru dude does, if we are all playing from within the same structures and from within the same ball park of mindfulness and concepts then there is no more absoluteness had from any perspective or vantage point attained .

Absolute Truths in this respect are pure concepts, if we were talking about a dream realty being of this world then the Bhagavad Gita would simply contain dream content .

Peeps seem to want to mix up the foundation and make out that one prose is less dreamy or illusory than another but it would be false based upon the premise of the dream .

I am not an advocate of this reality being a dream and I see that mindfulness and concepts have relative truths and I see individuality within oneness but I keep within that structure of understanding so you won't find me speaking in absolute truths if I were to believe that I am is illusory or this world is a dream ..

x daz x
Old 17-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
A thought makes it a mental construct doesn't it? When you do not have a thought I am in the present moment, it is not a mental construct.

You are using / creating a concept to then nullify it by not thinking about it . There is only a 'now' moment because you have mindfully associated your awareness to it in someway .

To be beyond the thought of now there would be no now moment present would there .

How would you know that there is a now moment present without entertaining the thought of it in reflection of I AM aware in the now?

x daz x
Old 17-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Yes, and Atman (the paramatman and not the jiva-atman) is Brahman and Brahman is existence, consciousness bliss. Unchangeable unlike the appearances within. The dreams, if you will, of objective reality, physical reality, maya of which the jiva-atman is a part, a very little part. The little self. Ego-self.

So are you now an Advaitin? Best bone-up on Advatin ethics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta#Ethics
You added what is in red in my post, I did write that in my post. Why did you do that? My copy paste says the complete opposite that jlva is atman, so you better bone up on Advatin ethics and stop absorbing the untruths that is useful to you, rejecting the truth that is useless according to you and adding what is essentially your own.
Old 17-02-2020, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
The feeling of I AM true/higher self is unchanging, consciousness can change hence, what some people call the different states of consciousness.

The feeling of I AM isn't a constant that is why the I AM awareness dissolves for use of a better word .

To transcend mind and I AM happens so there is a change in effect .

A change from I AM aware of I AM to beyond that .

I AM can experience many states of mind/consciousness but what is experienced is not separate from Self.

The fact that one can say I AM experiencing the physicality is because there is a point of awareness had which allows us to perceive the reality but the point of awareness can be misleading in some respect because it can give off a false sense or knowing of what everything is in relation to Self.

x daz x
Old 17-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
You are using / creating a concept to then nullify it by not thinking about it . There is only a 'now' moment because you have mindfully associated your awareness to it in someway .

To be beyond the thought of now there would be no now moment present would there .

How would you know that there is a now moment present without entertaining the thought of it in reflection of I AM aware in the now?

x daz x
No, I am on a forum talking about stuff and in order to talk about stuff, I need to use words and language.
Old 17-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
The feeling of I AM isn't a constant that is why the I AM awareness dissolves for use of a better word .

To transcend mind and I AM happens so there is a change in effect .

A change from I AM aware of I AM to beyond that .

I AM can experience many states of mind/consciousness but what is experienced is not separate from Self.

The fact that one can say I AM experiencing the physicality is because there is a point of awareness had which allows us to perceive the reality but the point of awareness can be misleading in some respect because it can give off a false sense or knowing of what everything is in relation to Self.

x daz x
I think you are confusing The feeling of Big I AM, with the ego I am this or that. *shrugs*
Old 17-02-2020, 11:05 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I am not an advocate of this reality being a dream and I see that mindfulness and concepts have relative truths and I see individuality within oneness but I keep within that structure of understanding so you won't find me speaking in absolute truths if I were to believe that I am is illusory or this world is a dream ..

I'm only speaking in the terms of Advaita Vedanta because it's the closest that comes to expressing how I've felt since I put Roman Catholicism aside 45+ years ago.

So do I believe it's the literal truth? Not quite, about as much as I believed Roman Catholicism was the literal truth or current theories in physics are the literal truth. However I do find it a reasonable model that somewhat aligns with a gut, intuitive feel for it all, and also because it seems to somewhat align with deep concepts of physics. There's some level of synergy, at least on the surface.

So dream, illusion, unreal are metaphors but that's part of the synergy with physics and even some of the neuroscientific, psychological and philosophy of mind views of how objective reality appears to us. Kant had some great insight into this.
Old 17-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
The word/concept is not the thing, the thing is the thing. In other words, words and concepts only describes the thing, but is not the thing being described with words and concepts.

You can call an apple a pear and it wouldn't change the properties and the qualities of it .

This is why the child can get burnt in the sun without a thought of it but you if you believe in Oneness you can't separate stuff from stuff .

That's all I AM saying .

You can't separate mind from awareness etc etc .

If you didn't have a conceptual notion in place one wouldn't grab what we call an apple off the tree and eat it .

There would be no thought to do so, there would be no relationship had between self and what is perceived .

It is the nature of our mindful experience to create a manner of all relationships with self and our environment .

x daz x
Old 17-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:

x daz x
The now present moment exists when you are not thinking about it. Just like the physical universe exists when you are not thinking about it. That will be that same as You asking beyond the thought of the universe there would be no physical universe would there?
Old 17-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
You can call an apple a pear and it wouldn't change the properties and the qualities of it .

This is why the child can get burnt in the sun without a thought of it but you if you believe in Oneness you can't separate stuff from stuff .

That's all I AM saying .

You can't separate mind from awareness etc etc .

If you didn't have a conceptual notion in place one wouldn't grab what we call an apple off the tree and eat it .

There would be no thought to do so, there would be no relationship had between self and what is perceived .

It is the nature of our mindful experience to create a manner of all relationships with self and our environment .

x daz x
So if you believe in Oneness you can't separate stuff from stuff, even if you are just talking about it? In other words you can't talk about oneness at all? I do not believe that. If you believe that, what is the point of you talking about oneness on a discussion forum?

Edit: If you are conscious of and understand oneness when you separate oneness for the exclusive purpose and intent of talking about oneness, there is no problem. Why are you creating a problem, where a problem does not exist?