Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
You are only limiting yourself believing the physical universe is Maya.

Yes, what we are and what we see around us, means perception, not sight/vision. Your perception of it meaning the opposite, is all on you.

Edit: If you are seeking true Reality, since Reality is All, it must be here, now.
If you are seeking your true Self, since you are here, your Self too must be here, now.
Whatever word you are using for ‘That’, you may not see It, you may not know what It is, but for sure It must be here, now.
No need to reach It by any progressive practice.
And what is here, now? An amazing amount of manifold perceptions that appear and disappear in the boundless sentient space that you are.
Maya means that the world is not as it seems; the world that one experiences and perceives is misleading as far as its true nature is concerned.
Old 16-02-2020, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:
You are absolutely correct because concepts are based on words, which has everything to do with how we perceive everything including oneness. I AM only becomes a concept, when you say I AM, not when you feel I AM, without you saying the words I AM in your head. I recently found an article that goes more into depth about this called: Perception and the Mystery of the Unknown

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com...of-the-unknown
But when we speak about the world reality perceived in reflection of I AM awareness even the perception had that is made sense of is conceptualised ..

I mentioned the baby getting sunburnt without entertaining a concept of what the sun is but it doesn’t stop what results in does it .

I understand that whatever is said about beyond mind or beyond I am is beyond conceptuality but life is life based upon what we experience and what we make sense of it .

I think at times this world of conceptuality is presented in ways to somehow discredit this life experience but if you get burnt regardless then what does that tell you lol ..

x daz x
Old 16-02-2020, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Maya means that the world is not as it seems; the world that one experiences and perceives is misleading as far as its true nature is concerned.

The world is not as it seems from what vantage point?

This is what I spoke about a few days ago .

If there are infinite vantage points where one can perceive reality differently which is the more correct or truer perspective had as a foundation?

x daz x
Old 16-02-2020, 12:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

What do you think I'm pointing out when I relate that electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force fold into the electroweak force at a high enough energy level?

The logical conclusion is sense perceptions are totally and hopelessly inadequate and unreliable, but one need not even go into unification theory. Can you see a molecule? An atom? An electron, proton or neutron? Quarks or photons?

It seems to me you place all your value, including validation of your existence, on that which is known to be false, maya. On the other hand I place my value, my understanding of my existence, on that which is unchanging and indivisible, and that would be consciousness or awareness.

It's really as simple as that.
Old 16-02-2020, 12:30 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
If there are infinite vantage points where one can perceive reality differently which is the more correct or truer perspective had as a foundation?

None of them. The only correct or truer perspective is from the vantage point of that which is unchanging. Well, if one subscribes to the non-dualist view of awareness or consciousness. And no, I'm not speaking of reflected or manifested consciousness but unmanifested or witness consciousness. And yes, of course it's in a dualistic relationship to maya, but if one is aware of this it's not an issue.
Old 16-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
What do you think I'm pointing out when I relate that electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force fold into the electroweak force at a high enough energy level?

The logical conclusion is sense perceptions are totally and hopelessly inadequate and unreliable, but one need not even go into unification theory. Can you see a molecule? An atom? An electron, proton or neutron? Quarks or photons?

It seems to me you place all your value, including validation of your existence, on that which is known to be false, maya. On the other hand I place my value, my understanding of my existence, on that which is unchanging and indivisible, and that would be consciousness or awareness.

It's really as simple as that.
You talk about advaita vedanta, but you reject and/or ignore an important aspect of advaita vedanta and that is, there is an objective, ulitmate or true reality/physical universe. Objective in this context, means free from mental and emotional conditioning, perceptions based on ego I concepts. Concepts create ego I perceptions that are suppose to lead you to the ulitmate or true reality/physical universe. The concepts and perceptions themselves are not based on true reality. If you are not seeking true reality, because you have a perception of there not being a true reality, you will never find it:

If you are seeking true Reality, since Reality is All, it must be here, now.
If you are seeking your true Self, since you are here, your Self too must be here, now.
Whatever word you are using for ‘That’, you may not see It, you may not know what It is, but for sure It must be here, now.
No need to reach It by any progressive practice.
And what is here, now? An amazing amount of manifold perceptions that appear and disappear in the boundless sentient space that you are.
Old 16-02-2020, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:

If there are infinite vantage points where one can perceive reality differently which is the more correct or truer perspective had as a foundation?The vantage point is true/ultimate reality

x daz x
The vantage point is true/ultimate reality. All conceptual perceptions are not based on said true/ultimate reality. Conceptual concepts such as the physical universe is an illusion creates the perception, that the physical universe is an illusion, thus prevents the person who believes that the physically universe from seeing the true/ultimate reality in the present moment.
Old 16-02-2020, 01:56 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
You talk about advaita vedanta, but you reject and/or ignore an important aspect of advaita vedanta and that is, there is an objective, ulitmate or true reality/physical universe. Objective in this context, means free from mental and emotional conditioning, perceptions based on ego I concepts. Concepts create ego I perceptions that are suppose to lead you to the ulitmate or true reality/physical universe. The concepts and perceptions themselves are not based on true reality. If you are not seeking true reality, because you have a perception of there not being a true reality, you will never find it:

No, I'm not misinterpreting, rejecting or ignoring anything. Advaita Vedanta, the strictest version of spiritual non-duality, emphatically claims objective reality is an appearance and an unreal one at that due to ignorance and explicitly because of error and ignorance inherent in cognition.

Again, for the 89th time, it would be to your benefit and that of this discussion if you at least make an attempt to understand Vedanta and non-dualism, instead of fabricating it on the fly and hammering that fabrication into your own preconceptions based on your beliefs and conditioned mind.

I already gave you the example of unification, and do I have to point it out once more what we perceive, while 'real', is simply not 'real' enough as evidenced by the fact there's a more fundamental force that underlies the other two.
Old 16-02-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:

x daz x
True reality is the only true vantage point/foundation. True reality is the detector, and the triggerer of false mental ego I concepts, and perceptions.
Old 16-02-2020, 02:34 PM
JustASimpleGuy

From "Realizing Non-Duality (pt.3) by Swami Sarvapriyananda":

https://youtu.be/cZOrq2dqkuY?t=1502