Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-06-2015, 10:59 PM
LiveInTheNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-à-vis
I would be more concerned about the Kardashian obsession than a few youth struggling to find their true love. Kim K has 37 million followers on instagram. This sub-forum has maybe a few hundred readers at any one time. The world population is approx 7 billion.

Lol! Yeah good point! But hey maybe Kardashian and West ARE Twin Flames , who knows? Look at their vid, it's highly spiritual (mountains, horses, Monument Valley, Kim naked on a bike...)

I put here the side by side vid with the parody version of Rogen and Franco , just for the chuckle value...

http://youtu.be/Q_gQ5ZBSPiU
Old 23-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Maybe with the new age the girls know deep down they are meant to find a twin flame... but get obsessed before they are ready for the connection to come along?
Old 23-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Okay the one thing that concerns me about the 'twin flame' conceptualization is the popular (and I believe erroneous) notion associated with this concept that suggests that you are only 'one half' of a soul and therefore the 'other half' of your soul exists out there (external to you) in someone else.... The reason I say this concerns me is that it could lead a person to believe that if they cannot achieve physical/emotional union with this other person, then they will be 'stuck' feeling incompleteness and a lack of wholeness - which in extreme form can be crushing and lead to internalizing a sense of hopelessness... This is disempowering... From my experience, real spiritual growth and ultimately the self-realization that it leads to brings the individual to a state of WHOLENESS where you find total self-acceptance and you will feel completeness/wholeness independent of any 'condition' or need for attachment to anyone/anything external to you. I believe the 'twin flame' experience is intended to serve as a potential catalyst for this transformative growth and help bring each individual to this state of awareness (state of being). When I researched this 'twin flame' conceptualization earlier this year I did find one author/writer who hosted some articles on her site which conveyed this understanding of the nature of spiritual awakening and the wholeness (that exists within each individual) as it relates to the 'twin flame' interaction - but I am unable to link to the site as the author is also selling a product and therefore linking to her site goes against the forum rules.
Old 23-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Suspended
Master
98% of the population have no idea of twin flames. Only soulmates and that is too disney like fairytale.

You are being too harsh OP. I dont see here anyone obsessed with this so much that you can call them obsessed. You are older, maybe have lost a twin flame and now think everyone who has, actually dont have ao you fight for this uniqueness

Sorry if I am a bit rude but I am pretty sure that with this reply I told many peoples opinions about this. I have no way proving that me, a young girl, is just not obsessing about love but truly have met my soul partner. aaand I am noot the oooonly ooooneeeee (singing voice )
Old 23-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Yet, as influencial as they are, I doubt the Kardashians will have the same lifelong impact on the psyches of those girls as a broken love story which may or may not have been a twin flame.

I’m not sure what part of the world you live in, but in mine I’ve personally seen some pretty messed up plastic surgery cases with girls as young as 18 wanting to mimc their idols the Kardashians/Jenners. And let’s not get into the sex tapes. That stuff’s for life.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for self-development and the encouragement of the exploration of deep soul connections, it's healthy, but at the same time, perhaps it's wise to ask why it's suddenly trending for young girls in particular.

If my future son or daughter were to go through a spiritual awakening (in any form) I am thankful there are now many places online and even in the community where they offer support and counselling, if I wasn’t around to support them myself. When I was a teenager I was told I would meet my twin flame, I looked on the (basic) internet and there was maybe one or two pages on twin souls/flames. But because of the accelerated awakening taking place enmass, more and more people are going to encounter their soul mirrors and it probably won’t just be with one persona. However I’m still yet to meet someone in RL that brings up the TF or soul connection topic, and I engage with many varied people for my work. I do see many going through soul connection growth without them knowing the label.

Quote:
Do you suggest we stop discussing this topic because so few people read sub-forums? Let me know how to access the 7 billion people and i will have a chat with them instead...

Not sure what you are getting at here, I thought that was your suggestion? Any who you can access 3 billion of them via the internet. All i’m saying is it’s kinda useless getting upset about people who are getting upset about soul connections at any age. I’ve seen this debate too many times to count and it just gets old and tired. At the end of the day why would you want to change what others want to believe or experience? Part of this journey is learning to release control. Maybe where the confusion lies is that there is still no solid information on the matter, old world techniques are you educate the hell out of the minds involved, but how do you educate someone on their own personal experience of something that is not absolute in nature? Education of the mind will only take you so far, self love and respect is what the education system really needs at this time.
Old 23-06-2015, 11:36 PM
LiveInTheNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInTheNow
Lol! Yeah good point! But hey maybe Kardashian and West ARE Twin Flames , who knows? Look at their vid, it's highly spiritual (mountains, horses, Monument Valley, Kim naked on a bike...)

I put here the side by side vid with the parody version of Rogen and Franco , just for the chuckle value...

http://youtu.be/Q_gQ5ZBSPiU

"I know you're tired of loving, of loving
With nobody to love, nobody, nobody"

.... definitely a Twin Flame song!

(Damn come to think of it maybe Rogen and Franco are TFs too?!)
Old 24-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
I think a lot of the posts I've read people are mistaking severe obsession for being soulmates or twin flames. Posts that talk about the TF ignoring them in real life, dating others. That's not a two way connection if you ask me. Also people always insisting upon equating a TF relationship with a romance and totally ignoring the fact that the TF connection can exist as other things too. That thinking it's being in love with love, I think.

I think it's easy enough to mistake obsession and attraction for this. Having been there myself, having seen a couple of dear friends going there to their near destruction I don't encourage anyone to go there unless there are clear signs of it being a two way connection, and by that I don't mean just feeling or hearing the other person in your mind telling you it is so. I mean the other person is actively pursuing the connection connecting with you in the real word, interacting with you verbally and telling you they feel the same way.

The heart can fool. The body can fool. Hormones can do crazy things to your head, make you think crazy things are true. Particularly when you are young and desperately want to find your TF. Step back, vet yourself and your behavior. Don't assume anything, do your best to think clearly, and wait for the other person to indicate to you that they feel the same way.

I can tell you from personal experience that just because you think you may have found the TF doesn't mean anything romantic will come of it. Sometimes you're just ships passing in the night and that's okay because in some lives that's what you need to be. You need time to work on personal growth in a way that doesn't necessarily include them. Tell this to a person who is obsessed and they will argue that can't be till their are blue in the face. Their so called "TF" could be totally ignoring them, completely unaware of them in the real world, and they would still think so.

My one friend that was obsessed she would insist that she and the person she wanted were TF. In her head they had this whole astral life together and she passionately hated his real life wife of many years because she felt that this woman was keeping her from him. In reality his wife was very much his TF, it was obvious he adored her and even today some 50 odd years later their marriage is rock solid. I haven't seen that friend in many years but I have no doubt that she is still obsessing and telling herself that she and this man are TF's and meant to be. They're clearly not but in her mind and heart she just cannot see that. He is her one true love, her soulmate/TF and anyone that interferes with that connection is the enemy.

You can be fooled by your own emotions into thinking someone is your TF. You cannot just trust yourself to decide if someone is or not. You cannot trust what's going on in your head. If it's real, the other person will interact with you, in the real world, and they will let you know. If it's only in your head? Then you need to keep steady and wait and see. Don't do what my friend did. Ultimately it cost her her sanity, her friends, and in some ways her reputation. What was going in in her inner life it was very bad for her in real life, but she was 100% convinced that she was right that this guy was her TF and that they were meant to be. Probably still is, shrug...
Ravenspirit, thank you for this. I have been having an internal struggle in my head since March that all of this twin flame business is solely in my head. He has given me no real world indication at all. Your words have made me have a good hard look at myself. I am now stepping off! Thank you again.
Old 24-06-2015, 01:47 AM
Experiencer
It was strange for me because although i'm young, I met my TF after my mother had passed away, almost immediately. I thought that was kind of strange and it was almost like a warm comfort the minute I met him.

I always thought it was just young love infatuation, but after 6 years I no longer believe that to be the case.
I only ever started knowing about twin flames about 2 years ago, and I actually have no idea how I even found this topic. I think I was googling the insane relationship I had with him and why I kept seeing 11:11 and other numbers, and I just knew it was something special, and that's when everything fit for me. It was like one day I just realized everything.

It's really just a knowing for me. Like I don't have to question it. Soul mate, twin flame, karmic connection..whatever. It's real.
Old 24-06-2015, 02:46 AM
1000watts

Aww OP take it easy on the young women here they are smarter than that & its not all about heart +hormones. anyone can get obsessed with an idea & become imbalanced for a while. I too lost 'sanity' friends & reputation but it was the best thing. it was cleansing.i got rid of the phony me & the fake friends. It's not all just a bad trend. have a good evening
Old 24-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Ascender

I first discovered twin flame terminology on this forum, I think it was in 2009. It's always been a turn off to me and does not resonate with me at all, the thought of being stuck with and assigned to a one and only twin flame for eternity. Rather, soul mates, strongly resonates with me and makes sense. Multiple close soul connections that can change over time makes sense and I believe in soul mates.