Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by july14
the TF concept has been seriously watered down, just like the soul mate concept before that. so the old back was the soul mate, now its the twin flame.

in most cases in my opinion, is just a mega crush, karmic connection, or just the product of teens/young adults experiencing their first love.

can also be true that more and more people meet their twin, since the energy shift a few years ago, which many called the coming of the end of the world

Yes and yes to both of your points there july14. First love is tough enough without the added intensity of trying to wedge the relationship into the current TF trend, like a fat foot being wedged into a pair of Louboutins.

But, I hope these young girls will come out with a great insight into how to experience innocent, pure love in this new energy. They could end up teaching us a thing or two
Old 23-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurusnsane
i think maybe people are more "open".

I only doubt here the celebrity crush twin-flames but who am I to see and think that this person is delusional and it isnt a twin flame relationship. Maybe she/he has got some validation from a medium or through something else. We dont know how one knows for sure, we cant see into peoples feelings.

Ok, maybe the "my twin left and had children and married" are too bizarre but maybe it is this way. Who am I to say who is and isnt. And even more, because of the age. I am 24. I am considered young and my twin left. I can take it as a 3d relationship but you cannot feel what I feel and going through.

I think this topic is a bit senstive because noone can prove that they really are "valid" twins. only after we die.

I understand taurusnane. You're right, no-one can say for sure what happens between two people other than themselves. Love is a powerful thing and strong love could potentially open a heart so wide that they see beyond what we already know and accept.

But I think there is a sudden emphasis on having a TF relationship that wasn't here before. There really are so many spiritual 'trends' out there and it's easy for young girls to be impressed by them. So, that was my concern.

Love is tough, but wonderful at the same time. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your connection with that special love, I genuinely am, but the funny thing with love is that it has the power to keep surprising us. And yes, this is a sensitive topic...so, all the more reason to talk about it.
Old 23-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Ravenspirit

I think a lot of the posts I've read people are mistaking severe obsession for being soulmates or twin flames. Posts that talk about the TF ignoring them in real life, dating others. That's not a two way connection if you ask me. Also people always insisting upon equating a TF relationship with a romance and totally ignoring the fact that the TF connection can exist as other things too. That thinking it's being in love with love, I think.

I think it's easy enough to mistake obsession and attraction for this. Having been there myself, having seen a couple of dear friends going there to their near destruction I don't encourage anyone to go there unless there are clear signs of it being a two way connection, and by that I don't mean just feeling or hearing the other person in your mind telling you it is so. I mean the other person is actively pursuing the connection connecting with you in the real word, interacting with you verbally and telling you they feel the same way.

The heart can fool. The body can fool. Hormones can do crazy things to your head, make you think crazy things are true. Particularly when you are young and desperately want to find your TF. Step back, vet yourself and your behavior. Don't assume anything, do your best to think clearly, and wait for the other person to indicate to you that they feel the same way.

I can tell you from personal experience that just because you think you may have found the TF doesn't mean anything romantic will come of it. Sometimes you're just ships passing in the night and that's okay because in some lives that's what you need to be. You need time to work on personal growth in a way that doesn't necessarily include them. Tell this to a person who is obsessed and they will argue that can't be till their are blue in the face. Their so called "TF" could be totally ignoring them, completely unaware of them in the real world, and they would still think so.

My one friend that was obsessed she would insist that she and the person she wanted were TF. In her head they had this whole astral life together and she passionately hated his real life wife of many years because she felt that this woman was keeping her from him. In reality his wife was very much his TF, it was obvious he adored her and even today some 50 odd years later their marriage is rock solid. I haven't seen that friend in many years but I have no doubt that she is still obsessing and telling herself that she and this man are TF's and meant to be. They're clearly not but in her mind and heart she just cannot see that. He is her one true love, her soulmate/TF and anyone that interferes with that connection is the enemy.

You can be fooled by your own emotions into thinking someone is your TF. You cannot just trust yourself to decide if someone is or not. You cannot trust what's going on in your head. If it's real, the other person will interact with you, in the real world, and they will let you know. If it's only in your head? Then you need to keep steady and wait and see. Don't do what my friend did. Ultimately it cost her her sanity, her friends, and in some ways her reputation. What was going in in her inner life it was very bad for her in real life, but she was 100% convinced that she was right that this guy was her TF and that they were meant to be. Probably still is, shrug...
Old 23-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
lol Terra

I'm a guy. I'm not obsessed with the twin flame. Initially I was reluctant and skeptic to believe in the idea of the twin flames and soul mates stuff.

Until I realized who my TF was and the immense love and connection there is, it was like a great awakening and growth. It is still overwhelming for me.

I could say that it's like the moment you are aware of your past incarnations, it is a big deal.

But let's just take it in that way, there is no reason to be obsessed looking forward to find your TF or soul mate, everything happens or not happens for a reason, we all know that.

Lovely reply Lucyan28. I agree. Thanks for that.
Old 23-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick33
well I agree it should be taken to the next level

which might have some minor problems problems

which are language based ,,

o.k. so TF is twin flame no problem there

than there is triple flame that is also TF how to make that transition ?

after that we get QF quadruple flames

I am o.k. with that

but than ??? what than ?

can we than just have Flames ? , lots of Flames all around

and all over, and in side out every where ?

preferably with out the house burning down

yes thats cool o.k. it sorted just the flames of

love and light no one is left out in the cold anymore

we can all go flat out and love all day long :-)

I just love your unique answers Frederick33. Brilliant
Old 23-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
I think a lot of the posts I've read people are mistaking severe obsession for being soulmates or twin flames. Posts that talk about the TF ignoring them in real life, dating others. That's not a two way connection if you ask me. Also people always insisting upon equating a TF relationship with a romance and totally ignoring the fact that the TF connection can exist as other things too. That thinking it's being in love with love, I think.

I think it's easy enough to mistake obsession and attraction for this. Having been there myself, having seen a couple of dear friends going there to their near destruction I don't encourage anyone to go there unless there are clear signs of it being a two way connection, and by that I don't mean just feeling or hearing the other person in your mind telling you it is so. I mean the other person is actively pursuing the connection connecting with you in the real word, interacting with you verbally and telling you they feel the same way.

The heart can fool. The body can fool. Hormones can do crazy things to your head, make you think crazy things are true. Particularly when you are young and desperately want to find your TF. Step back, vet yourself and your behavior. Don't assume anything, do your best to think clearly, and wait for the other person to indicate to you that they feel the same way.

I can tell you from personal experience that just because you think you may have found the TF doesn't mean anything romantic will come of it. Sometimes you're just ships passing in the night and that's okay because in some lives that's what you need to be. You need time to work on personal growth in a way that doesn't necessarily include them. Tell this to a person who is obsessed and they will argue that can't be till their are blue in the face. Their so called "TF" could be totally ignoring them, completely unaware of them in the real world, and they would still think so.

My one friend that was obsessed she would insist that she and the person she wanted were TF. In her head they had this whole astral life together and she passionately hated his real life wife of many years because she felt that this woman was keeping her from him. In reality his wife was very much his TF, it was obvious he adored her and even today some 50 odd years later their marriage is rock solid. I haven't seen that friend in many years but I have no doubt that she is still obsessing and telling herself that she and this man are TF's and meant to be. They're clearly not but in her mind and heart she just cannot see that. He is her one true love, her soulmate/TF and anyone that interferes with that connection is the enemy.

You can be fooled by your own emotions into thinking someone is your TF. You cannot just trust yourself to decide if someone is or not. You cannot trust what's going on in your head. If it's real, the other person will interact with you, in the real world, and they will let you know. If it's only in your head? Then you need to keep steady and wait and see. Don't do what my friend did. Ultimately it cost her her sanity, her friends, and in some ways her reputation. What was going in in her inner life it was very bad for her in real life, but she was 100% convinced that she was right that this guy was her TF and that they were meant to be. Probably still is, shrug...

What a great answer Ravenspirit. very, very well put.

The story you relayed is exactly what frightens me about the whole Tf business. If misunderstood, the whole 'soul connection' idea can turn nasty, as in your friends case. I do hope she came through her obsession in the end.

I also got concerned about whether some would use it as a mask to hide rejection or alternatively, overload their psyche with thoughts of deep 'cosmic' rejection...wow, does it get any worse than the universe taking away your perceived TF!

But yes, as you mention, soul connections are complex and are not always about physical unions.

In the end, perhaps they are all about love, even the strange and challenging ones. Only a force which truly loves us would push us forward to new growth. I just hope the new TF trend doesn't claim too many 'victims'.
Old 23-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInTheNow
....Twins / Near Twins/ SoulMates/ Twinflames/ Half Twins / Twin Squared / Kosher Twins etc ....

Those descriptions literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the chuckle before bedtime LiveInTheNow
Old 23-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Master
I would be more concerned about the Kardashian obsession than a few youth struggling to find their true love. Kim K has 37 million followers on instagram. This sub-forum has maybe a few hundred readers at any one time. The world population is approx 7 billion.
Old 23-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-à-vis
I would be more concerned about the Kardashian obsession than a few youth struggling to find their true love. Kim K has 37 million followers on instagram. This sub-forum has maybe a few hundred readers at any one time. The world population is approx 7 billion.

Yet, as influencial as they are, I doubt the Kardashians will have the same lifelong impact on the psyches of those girls as a broken love story which may or may not have been a twin flame.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for self-development and the encouragement of the exploration of deep soul connections, it's healthy, but at the same time, perhaps it's wise to ask why it's suddenly trending for young girls in particular.

Do you suggest we stop discussing this topic because so few people read sub-forums? Let me know how to access the 7 billion people and i will have a chat with them instead...
Old 23-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit

That happened in the 70's? People were also using this conceptualization back then?