Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 10-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Master
I think Yamah may be in misunderstanding of Christian theology. From what I know of it is very pure and virtuous.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Master
The way I see it, is the avatar way, that is, god descends from time to time in a human form, to help get us back on track. These forms or incarnations are known as avatars. Sometimes through the chinese whispers of religion and mans ego, we get off mark, so it needs the absolute truth in human form to straighten our road. So it wasnt a trick by satan, but just god foing his thing thru the form of jesus
Old 10-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Yamah

Honza: The majority of the past 2,000 years consisted of Christians killing Jews, Witches and Arabs, enslaving Africans and conquering the world in the name of some dead guy. Nowadays Christianity is very different because its hands are tied by global politics and egalitarianism so that won't fly any more.

Today all the christians I know are pretty OK people over all, but that's because the christians I know are either moderate or intellectual (ie. not 'true' christians). The 'true' christians I've interacted with were nice pure people on the outside, and if left alone I'm sure they'd remain so... but whenever I tried to engage them in a debate (which I like to do) their facade of goodness falls away and reveals that on the inside they are sick and unhealthy.

Christianity weakens the minds and souls of its followers and instills a sense of inferiority and persecution. This creates a legion of weak-willed, insecure people. These people, if threatened, take an extremely defensive stance which can lead to outbursts of anger. Truly, they don't deal with conflict well at all. And this world is full of conflicts. I have noticed this many times. This insecurity is probably what lead to the aformentioned killings and enslavements.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Master
That is well explained Yamah - thankyou.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Time

Honza - you are mistaking traditions...

While I am sure there are tons of jewish people who are christian and belive in jesus that is not judeism..... Jesus is christian.....

Yamah - IM sorry but christianity was birthed from judeism. You cant knock one without knocking the other.

I also dont think its fair that you pin "hate" on christians. Sure I will be the first person to mention the contradictions and malaties in christianity but the Jewish people did the same thing. Joshua and moses displaced the cannannites with war im sure he killed quite a bit. They also rebeled against the romans for a long time which im sure wasnt smiles and sunshine.

I think there is just as many ignorant jewish people as there are ignorant christians.

Honza again - Dont let the above post fool you. They are sister religions and each influences both.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Honza: Today all the christians I know are pretty OK people over all, but that's because the christians I know are either moderate or intellectual (ie. not 'true' christians). The 'true' christians I've interacted with were nice pure people on the outside, and if left alone I'm sure they'd remain so... but whenever I tried to engage them in a debate (which I like to do) their facade of goodness falls away and reveals that on the inside they are sick and unhealthy.

Glad that you acknowledge that many xians are okay people overall. But I don't agree with you that these are not real xians. These so-called moderate xians are far closer to the spirit of Jesus than are the bible thumpers and hell fire preachers.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Yamah

Yamah - IM sorry but christianity was birthed from judeism. You cant knock one without knocking the other.
That doesn't make sense. That's like saying Joe is a horrible person because his son who ran away from home and became a serial killer is a horrible person.

I also dont think its fair that you pin "hate" on christians. Sure I will be the first person to mention the contradictions and malaties in christianity but the Jewish people did the same thing. Joshua and moses displaced the cannannites with war im sure he killed quite a bit. They also rebeled against the romans for a long time which im sure wasnt smiles and sunshine.
Right... if you can't see the difference between those two things then I can't explain it to you.

I think there is just as many ignorant jewish people as there are ignorant christians.
Of course there are. There are ignorant people in every religion. The question is, what do these ignorant people do with their ignorance? Christians burn people at the stake. Jews write strongly worded letters and complain to their neighbors.

These so-called moderate xians are far closer to the spirit of Jesus than are the bible thumpers and hell fire preachers.
Thanks for reminding me, charly. There have also been countless wars and slaughters between christians because nobody can agree on what christianity really is, especially between Catholics and Protestants but not exclusively.
Old 13-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Master
The real problem here is not any particular religion, it is the human ego. Christians burned people because they had all the power and imposed their will on others. I think we see a similar reaction from israel against palestine now, thats not a judgement, rather a statement on human nature, those with the power (and ego) abuse it. Religion is just the excuse they use to exercise control over others. Nothing makes you feel more powerful than believing gods on your side and not on the others (which of course is utter twaddle, god is on everyone`s side) Every religion tries to enhance its status through controlling statements like `Only through Jesus will you reach god`, or `Mohamed (pbuh) is the last prophet of god` or `We are gods chosen people.`ALL of those statements serve to separate one religion from the others and set it up as THE way. Truth is there are many paths to god, learn to embrace and rejoice in them all.
Old 13-09-2013, 04:43 PM
heartsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
The real problem here is not any particular religion, it is the human ego. Christians burned people because they had all the power and imposed their will on others. I think we see a similar reaction from israel against palestine now, thats not a judgement, rather a statement on human nature, those with the power (and ego) abuse it. Religion is just the excuse they use to exercise control over others. Nothing makes you feel more powerful than believing gods on your side and not on the others (which of course is utter twaddle, god is on everyone`s side) Every religion tries to enhance its status through controlling statements like `Only through Jesus will you reach god`, or `Mohamed (pbuh) is the last prophet of god` or `We are gods chosen people.`ALL of those statements serve to separate one religion from the others and set it up as THE way. Truth is there are many paths to god, learn to embrace and rejoice in them all.

What similar reaction against palestine?
Old 13-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
`Only through Jesus will you reach god`, or `Mohamed (pbuh) is the last prophet of god` or `We are gods chosen people.`

I agree that there are many paths to God. But if you examine your statement, only two of the three paths you stated are limiting/restricting.

...only through Jesus will you reach God... this is limiting because it would require a person need Jesus to reach God.

...Muhammad is last prohet of God... this does not state a requirement to reach God, as it leaves other options open. It just says that Muhammad was the last prophet.

...we are Gods chosen... limits anyone that was not chosen.

mj