Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2013, 05:35 PM
heartsmart

Kabbalah

Hey I'm looking for somebody to teach me about the Kabbalah. Pm me if you are interested
Old 28-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Yamah

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask them here but I don't think you'll find many people who would be willing to invest their time so fully into tutoring you 1 on 1.
Old 30-01-2013, 04:08 PM
heartsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask them here but I don't think you'll find many people who would be willing to invest their time so fully into tutoring you 1 on 1.

Ok, that's fine. I have a few questions, in Israel, where can I go to learn more about the kabbalah?
Also, do kabbalists eat kosher?
And how much would the general rabbi know about the kabbalah if I was to go to the synagoge here and ask him, or does that vary?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Guide
Quote:
in Israel, where can I go to learn more about the kabbalah?

Do your research well. Not every Rabbi is exactly "kosher."
Look on the web for Rabbi Ariel from koshertorah(dot)com until you find an actual person.

Quote:
Also, do kabbalists eat kosher?

Probably not :p

Quote:
And how much would the general rabbi know about the kabbalah if I was to go to the synagoge here and ask him, or does that vary?

There are different teachings as there as different sects of Judaism. Try to stick to the original teachings and find a Rabbi willing to teach you the oral tradition. This is the key to unlocking part of the Kabbalah which is safeguarded. Many will not teach a non-Jew.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
heartsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Do your research well. Not every Rabbi is exactly "kosher."
Look on the web for Rabbi Ariel from koshertorah(dot)com until you find an actual person.

Probably not :p

There are different teachings as there as different sects of Judaism. Try to stick to the original teachings and find a Rabbi willing to teach you the oral tradition. This is the key to unlocking part of the Kabbalah which is safeguarded. Many will not teach a non-Jew.

Thanks for your advise.
Old 27-03-2013, 06:11 AM
maximumquake

I have some questions about the Kabbalah. I am reading a book called the "Essentials of the Kabballah". and in the beginning of the book it states that alot of meditation and spiritual experiences involved with the Kaballah were pasted down threw word of mouth and that the written accounts mainly focus on different aspects of Kabbalah lore. The meditation and spiritual experiences are really what I am interested in. If anybody knows where to find these could you please tell me. Also I noticed alot of Kabbalah and Masonic ideals that coincide. I know that alot of the rituals involved in Freemasonry, especially when you get into the higher degrees and alot of symbolism come from the Kabbalah. I was wondering does anybody know how much of Free Masonry comes from the Kabballah. And the parts of the Kabbalah that are passed down threw word of mouth, are these passed down threw Free Masonry?
Old 27-03-2013, 06:35 AM
missrachel300

Maybe this website will be helpful to you.

http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/faq.htm
Old 27-03-2013, 10:34 AM
heartsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrachel300
Maybe this website will be helpful to you.

http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/faq.htm

Thanks, the site looks good :)
Old 28-03-2013, 07:37 AM
heartsmart

I wanna know if any of you has read the zohar.
Old 31-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Bluegreen

This website looks interesting: http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/gfk-qab/qab-hp.htm
Closed Thread