Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 01-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Pathfinder
Color Swans

Has anyone listened to swans or michael gira? I discovered them about a year ago and every time I listen to them their music takes me different places , some of their albums are a couple hours long and I can just lay there listening and let the songs take me to different places. I haven't discovered much like it aside from Godspeed! you black emperor which is influenced by them, but is a little more uplifting. My 3 favorite albums are the seer, which is a little darker, Too be kind, which seems like a general life on earth experience, and glowing man which seems more spiritual and almost like what happens when "its" over. Anybody else?? :)
Old 02-01-2017, 02:42 AM
Guide
Yessss (do you like Angels of Light, one of Gira's side things?)

Some favorite songs off the topic of my head: Lunacy, Where Does A Body End, Love Will Save You, Black Eyed Dog, Red Velvet Corridor, Blood on Your Hands, The Golden Boy That Was Swallowed By The Sea ..

I don't listen to them very often, as you kind of need to be in a particular mood for them. The Seer is my favorite. I hear that they're the absolute loudest band there is when you see them live, too. (to the point where some people vomit) I have a difficult time describing them to others who haven't heard of them-- I mean, how would you? "Listen to this, it's the auditory equivalent of being buried alive/drowned in a swamp at midnight/experiencing a Tibetan sky burial while still alive--but in a good way!" .. certain albums are great for meditation, too, if you're the type that gets bored to tears by the typical new-agey meditation music with dolphin sounds and windchimes or whatever.

There are actually some bands somewhat similar to them (I like Godspeed, too but I don't find them all that similar), I'll link them if I can remember their names. Some of Einsturzende Neubauten's stuff strikes me as similar, at least in terms of the chaos factor. And maybe early Dead Can Dance and Rowland S. Howard.. and Boyd Rice & Friends (in terms of spooky atmosphere) ?
Old 02-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Pathfinder
I will be listening to angel of light and the other bands you suggested soon. Cant get enough! You do have to be in a certain mood, they are definetely not a 'put on in the car on the way to work' band they need time for sure. I did get lucky enough to see them live in september. Loudest show I have ever seen without question, and i've been to many a loud shows! It felt like a wall of sound going through you. I did have a couple beers and a great time, but I did also feel queasy near the end and had to sit down. When the show was over my boyfriend and I waited outside because we heard gira would come out and sign stuff. He was a really nice and humble man. Seer is also my favorite, makes me think of a the bad wolf fighting the good wolf :)
Old 24-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Master
Swans fan here......

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.