Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Deactivated Account

To me Lightworker is a label because we are human and we need labels.

It doesn't mean anything.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Master
Ok, I get it now, it's like... the easy way to be a rich Christian.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
To me Lightworker is a label because we are human and we need labels.

It doesn't mean anything.
It may not mean anything, however, it still has a (negative) impact because people are trying to live up to the label.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Woa93

This is strange, because the teachings I follow about being a "Light Worker" says these things about it.

1 which is a direct quote from Buddha:

"Believe nothing no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense."

And 2 which says:

We call disciples who work in the light disciples because they are able to apply discipline to the personality vehicle and it's desires. A true disciple will not think of himself as such and will not claim any position of advancement or superiority over his fellow man. In spiritual pride lies the danger of illusion and the cutting off of clear seeing, thus he needs to remain curious and humble, looking within instead of without and deal with causes instead of effects. This will bring illumination.

Furthermore let the student accept not any teaching out of some obedient sense of fanaticism or loyalty but gradually test out these truths for himself and in so doing reach the point of UNDERSTANDING and REALIZATION.

I have not once been asked to be something I am not or to live up to some ridiculous standard. On the contrary, I am thought to look honestly at myself and others with understanding and compassion, without blame or contempt. It is a very successful method for seeing things as they are, and changing the things that hold you back.

Of course this also entails giving up of personal desires which don't work for you anymore, and that can take a lot of energy due to the fighting personality and the resulting conflict. But IMO spiritual progress is made with hard work, not positively thinking yourself out of any perceived difficulty. To say this is draining might be true, but who is draining who, and who is choosing to be drained? We always remain 100% responsible for that and we always have the choice.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
It may not mean anything, however, it still has a (negative) impact because people are trying to live up to the label.

Then it's not really the label that's the problem. Just the behavioural attitude of the people trying to live up to it.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Then it's not really the label that's the problem. Just the behavioural attitude of the people trying to live up to it.

Yes and I think that is made quite clear in the article Modern spirituality is a hamster wheel the same way modern society is. They use different labels yet their behavior is the same
Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Woa93

But what do you mean by "modern spirituality"? I live in the netherlands and everyone is very UNspiritual actually. Talking about energy fields or chakra's will get you funny looks here mostly. Is there some mainstream rise of spirituality that I am missing here? I always regarded spirituality as exploring the subjective experience, how can that be a hamsterwheel? I'm confused.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianspapa
Ex: I believe archangel Michael has been watching over me from day one, but I didn't realize it until recently. The signs were very subtle, but made sense once I strung them together. It's never been the case that he speaks directly to me, though, and I usually sleep very well. Also, my impression is that Michael does NOT want to be worshipped -- he just wants to help. He's big on Truth.

I guess a false creature could call itself Michael and mislead someone. I don't think the real one would allow it for very long, though.

I will tell a story. It is about a lady that were being pestered by beings which made her everyday intolerable. So I projected my consciousness to see what was going on and to my surprise back then I encountered Archangel Michael and a group of Archangel under his demand pestering this lady. I simply asked them to leave and when they refused I called in some help to get them thrown away. And what would you know, the next day she said it all were good.

Now I am not saying he does not do good, he just works within a system as the article says that is no good.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woa93
But what do you mean by "modern spirituality"? I live in the netherlands and everyone is very UNspiritual actually. Talking about energy fields or chakra's will get you funny looks here mostly. Is there some mainstream rise of spirituality that I am missing here? I always regarded spirituality as exploring the subjective experience, how can that be a hamsterwheel? I'm confused.

When I read that the first thing I thought was new age. It's religion packed in a fancier package.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woa93
But what do you mean by "modern spirituality"?

It is a world that is factual. It puts labels on everything because it think of these sizes as absolute. A label is great when you are buying stuff, when you talk about something that is diverse like the idea of spirituality it very much is obsolete. Lets take infinity. The very thought of infinity is very much finite though the idea of it is infinite, thus you can make the statement that some infinities are bigger than other infinities. The hamster wheel is that you take something infinite and make it finite, this gives you something to chase.