Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Pounamu

Enlightener, karma is not (in my view) a judgement; it is a "consequence" of a thought or action. It is in a sense mechanical or automatic, just like any physical or chemical consequence of doing a specific thing in the 3rd Dimensional world. The principle behind it is that it gives us impartial feedback as to what is good and loving to do, and what is not. Its an educational tool, not a reward or punishment... like you, I think that if it were, that would be petty and unworkable.

If we didn't get some sort of feedback, how could we realise our mistakes? But of course you agree, calling it "consequences" instead of "karma". They mean the same thing, and are vital in the upbringing of budding creators!

It is true, as you say, that good or bad are perceptions - "nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so" was a favourite quote of my teacher.

Pounamu.
Old 18-08-2006, 12:54 PM
dreamer

"when you rid yourselves of guilt and shame and tear your old rags and trample them beneath your feet like children. Then you will see the Son of He who isn the living God"

You judge yourself and create your own Karma. What stops you from being full of joy? That is your karma, that is your perception that you are not worthy of eternal bliss.

If we are one you are my karma and i am yours.
Old 18-08-2006, 12:59 PM
dreamer

"when you rid yourselves of guilt and shame and tear your old rags and trample them beneath your feet like children. Then you will see the Son of He who isn the living God"

You judge yourself and create your own Karma. What stops you from being full of joy? That is your karma, that is your perception that you are not worthy of eternal bliss.

Old 18-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Master
You could well be right enlightener, who knows?
My take on it is different, I think as parts of the creator, which is how I see us, and as undoubtedlly we have the power to create, I believe that we create a cyclic action when we employ intention, that is, whatever we set out to do, returns to us. This is my simplified understanding of karma.

It seems to me that any divine creator would know that once we lost our divine perception as human beings, we could be clever enough to avoid conventional laws and thus under the influence of ego (which we all are) could hurt or upset others (this is very simplified) so a law was put in place not to harm us but to ensure that eventually the only way to prosper would be to try to do positive good things, this law would be inescapable (ordinarily ) Growth could only take place through these positive actions because of the returning effects of karma.

Thats how I see it, very simplified tho.
But I see your view too enlightener and as I said abopve you could well be right and my explanation a mere flight of fancy.
But I do not believe so.
You made me think tho and that in itself is important.
Best regards peteyzen
Old 19-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer

Nicely said Dreamer !!!

Creator
Old 19-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Glorymist

Karma is simply cause and effect. You reap what you sow. Action / reaction. The fact that it can be further subdivided is secondary.

Since it is a personal "action" or cause - - the karmic implication is then personal to the one promoting the action or cause. Of course - - if this is in direct interaction with someone else - - or a group - - or whatever - - then that person / group is part of that specific karmic implication.

Please people - - I'm begging you - - be careful in this "we are One" stuff. Tho it has its place - - it is against spiritual law to take on the karma of another - - unless by personal choice - - knowing or otherwise. But we are not all wrapped up in each other's karma unless there has been a direct cause / effect relationship between / among those involved.
Old 21-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Pounamu

Hi Glorymist,
You say:
"Please people - - I'm begging you - - be careful in this "we are One" stuff. Tho it has its place - - it is against spiritual law to take on the karma of another - - unless by personal choice - - knowing or otherwise. But we are not all wrapped up in each other's karma unless there has been a direct cause / effect relationship between / among those involved."

Yes it is against True Spiritual Law to take on others' karma, also against good sense! But this is where the Laws have been tampered with and messed up on this planet... and the reason that it has been possible to swap karma, etheric gridwork, body operating information and etheric body parts (until very recently) is that the messing up happened a long, long time ago, and humans have been doing that to each other for generations, so now virtually everyone has karma in their ancestry for doing this - which allows it to happen to nearly everybody, unless they are wise to it and know how to guard themselves, or rectify it when it happens to them. Generally, if there is karma for such interactions, they can't be guarded against until the karma is dealt with and resolved.
Or so I understand, and have experienced.

Pounamu.
Old 21-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Glorymist

Pounamu - - there are wonderful reasons and "payoffs" for the various facets - - seen and unseen - - to lead people into believing that everyone shares some kind of overall common karmic debt. That person A is somewhat or in some way responsible for the karma of person B - - outside of a direct interaction.

There is also a great deal of truth in the concept of "we are one" - - but just not in the direction or the way it is being promoted.

I think that if people truly knew how, and in what way they are being conned - - they would be really insulted. And amazed.

But - - since the various facets know that too - - they have their ways and means to keep the individual too occupied elsewhere to be able to take the time to really look.

All in all - - it is a rather "perfect" game.
Old 25-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Enlightener

'You create your own karma'

Enlightener
Old 31-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Glorymist

Enlightener - - some would say - - you ARE your own karma.

:->
Closed Thread