Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Multi levels through my own levels of awakening. .....spirit guides, angels even Christ popped in for a quick visit... god had something to say as I was awakening deeper levels in my core space......then I realized as I reached a point of being kicked back down to to earth, that it was everything and nothing yet all connected......I may have once known and thought I knew what light was..but now I don't really know.

The sun shines light, the moon shines light. At night we have our own lights.

I guess we may hold light perhaps, but then I have sensed spirits as the wind or a breeze mostly..

I have no idea now.

Also what is the difference between spirit guides and angels in the way you perceive them? I think it was a guide who pulled me out of my body partially and into an expansion of my higher self. He was glowing but he wasn't Light. I saw his hands and face as he pulled me up and then he disappeared. After that I perceived the masculine Light. Would that Light be an angel, as Baile said? Or maybe the guy I perceived was an extension of the Light.. hmm..
Old 17-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
When I had my Self-realization I was brought to a non-dual awareness and yet something which I question a lot is, why if I had an experience of non-dual awareness did I experience the Light around me as God the Father, as in, a masculine HE? I think either there are levels of oneness or maybe I saw a certain projection/Deity of the ultimate Divine which was most beneficial to me at the time for healing or something (I have/had father issues)..

What are your experiences and perceptions of Light?
Every time I move away from this thread I get nagged at to post :-) I needed this too.
This link explains male/female energies - http://thespiritscience.net/malefemale/

The reason you experienced the Light as God the Father is probably because the energy was focussed (which is seen as a male trait) and polarised (different from dualistic) to give you the healing. God the Father is shades of Christianity and dominance is seen as another male trait. Add in father issues and there are no surprises there.
Old 17-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Master
The light shone on me like a pure energy, and filled some parts were emptied.
Old 17-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Every time I move away from this thread I get nagged at to post :-) I needed this too.
This link explains male/female energies - http://thespiritscience.net/malefemale/

The reason you experienced the Light as God the Father is probably because the energy was focussed (which is seen as a male trait) and polarised (different from dualistic) to give you the healing. God the Father is shades of Christianity and dominance is seen as another male trait. Add in father issues and there are no surprises there.

Focused and polarized, thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I do definitely think it was a healing thing. I was brought up Christian (which sort of ties in with the father issues) and even though I turned away from it the association with a power hungry jealous dominant male God never really left me. Whilst now I have a completely different view of God altogether.. even though I'm still coming to terms with what I experienced. Ahh that makes a lot of sense.

Do you think it's possible to perceive Light without polarization? Or would that be too overwhelming for the human mind?

Also like others have said, do you think this polarization was more like an angelic extension of God rather God him/herself?
Old 17-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The light shone on me like a pure energy, and filled some parts were emptied.

It's weird because it was like my mind was completely switched off. Afterwards when my mind returned (and expanded) I doubted for a long time what I had experienced but at the time it was just like my heart took over, and I just knew. It was so loving.. I cried a lot.
Old 17-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Ahh that makes a lot of sense.
That's the only Light that really matters Everything else is someone else's Light.

Do you think it's possible to perceive Light without polarization? Or would that be too overwhelming for the human mind?

Also like others have said, do you think this polarization was more like an angelic extension of God rather God him/herself?[/quote]
I would say that it's pretty doubtful that we could perceive the Light without polarisation but no doubt there would be those that disagree. We might be able to perceive what we think of as the Light but I would doubt it's the full frequency range. Until such time as we can perceive everything in the Universe at every level of consciousness then probably not.

If you're going with God then I'd say that God is the Light, capable of existing and having awareness of every level of consciousness. I suspect this is where the concept of God comes from, someone/thing that is capable of having consciousness of all existence - which is something us mere mortals struggle to perceive. Whether you call it an extension or a focussed part of is up to you and how you personally perceive God. Some would say that the Light is Love.

The problem is with language and interpretation, how sometimes we have this 'Oh Wow!' experience and the mind has difficulty understanding it never mind trying to describe it with language. Personally, I think there are some experiences that are best left as experiences, and translating them or trying to understand them with the mind often dilutes them.

Own the experience, at the end of the day it was yours and nobody else's. Everything else is just paraphernalia.
Old 17-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Master
i think spirit is gender neutral, maybe even formless at its essence. supposedly, before the moon existed, we were androgynous and to better know ourselves, we split.

im not sure this quote is completely relevant but i like it and its about light;

The flashing river was now the light of the sky, enchanted, dreaming and lost in its beauty and love. In this light, all things cease to exist, the heart that was crying and the brain that was cunning; pleasure and pain went away leaving only light, transparent, gently and caressing. It was light; thought and feeling had no part in it, they could never give light; they were not there, only this light when the sun is well beyond the walls of the city and not a cloud in the sky. You cannot see this light unless you know the timeless movement of meditation; the ending of thought is this movement. The brain was completely still but very alive and watching, without a center. The otherness was there, deep within at a depth that was lost; wiping away everything without leaving a mark of what has been or what is. It was simply a fact, like a sunset, like death and the curving river.

i don't have a perception of light though i guess it comes in many forms. i found the notion of "the shining blackness", experienced on nde's and ayahuasca, to be interesting. dark light, cool.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 18-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
i think spirit is gender neutral, maybe even formless at its essence. supposedly, before the moon existed, we were androgynous and to better know ourselves, we split.

im not sure this quote is completely relevant but i like it and its about light;

The flashing river was now the light of the sky, enchanted, dreaming and lost in its beauty and love. In this light, all things cease to exist, the heart that was crying and the brain that was cunning; pleasure and pain went away leaving only light, transparent, gently and caressing. It was light; thought and feeling had no part in it, they could never give light; they were not there, only this light when the sun is well beyond the walls of the city and not a cloud in the sky. You cannot see this light unless you know the timeless movement of meditation; the ending of thought is this movement. The brain was completely still but very alive and watching, without a center. The otherness was there, deep within at a depth that was lost; wiping away everything without leaving a mark of what has been or what is. It was simply a fact, like a sunset, like death and the curving river.

i don't have a perception of light though i guess it comes in many forms. i found the notion of "the shining blackness", experienced on nde's and ayahuasca, to be interesting. dark light, cool.

I have been curious about the shining blackness too.. I've heard it called the womb of the Divine Mother or something. A place that exists before the formation of Light. Would be nice to experience, ha.
Old 18-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
That's the only Light that really matters Everything else is someone else's Light.

I would say that it's pretty doubtful that we could perceive the Light without polarisation but no doubt there would be those that disagree. We might be able to perceive what we think of as the Light but I would doubt it's the full frequency range. Until such time as we can perceive everything in the Universe at every level of consciousness then probably not.

If you're going with God then I'd say that God is the Light, capable of existing and having awareness of every level of consciousness. I suspect this is where the concept of God comes from, someone/thing that is capable of having consciousness of all existence - which is something us mere mortals struggle to perceive. Whether you call it an extension or a focussed part of is up to you and how you personally perceive God. Some would say that the Light is Love.

The problem is with language and interpretation, how sometimes we have this 'Oh Wow!' experience and the mind has difficulty understanding it never mind trying to describe it with language. Personally, I think there are some experiences that are best left as experiences, and translating them or trying to understand them with the mind often dilutes them.

Own the experience, at the end of the day it was yours and nobody else's. Everything else is just paraphernalia.

Yeah I mean I only saw one aspect.. that was pretty intense in its own right. I can't imagine being able to experience it all unpolarized, not in this human body at least.

I actually think this is where the concept of God comes from too. The whole 'omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient' thing. Well.. for me it makes more sense thinking of it as an extension but from the angle that it is focused and polarized, since everything is connected anyway, and I doubt I would be able to handle all of 'God', unpolarized and unfocused. The way you explained it put it very nicely, thank you very muchly for that

I definitely sensed Love from Light.. but in my experience I became Love, whilst the Light remained outside me, so I don't equate the two the same. But as you said, that's my own individualized experience and we all have our own. It's just nice sometimes to be able to understand consciously these things
Old 18-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yeah I mean I only saw one aspect.. that was pretty intense in its own right. I can't imagine being able to experience it all unpolarized, not in this human body at least.

I actually think this is where the concept of God comes from too. The whole 'omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient' thing. Well.. for me it makes more sense thinking of it as an extension but from the angle that it is focused and polarized, since everything is connected anyway, and I doubt I would be able to handle all of 'God', unpolarized and unfocused. The way you explained it put it very nicely, thank you very muchly for that

I definitely sensed Love from Light.. but in my experience I became Love, whilst the Light remained outside me, so I don't equate the two the same. But as you said, that's my own individualized experience and we all have our own. It's just nice sometimes to be able to understand consciously these things

It gets that way sometimes, pretty intense I mean. Perhaps it's a good thing that we don't experience it too often because it would probably blow our circuits but every once in a while it's good to experience something greater outside ourselves - or at least we can think of it as outside.

And you're very welcome, just glad it made some kind of sense.

Some would say that we are the Light if only we could realise it, and that the Light is Love. I resisted that for long enough, but what we resist persists. The 'We are Love' concept seemed a bit airy-fairy but it was my own concept of Love that was the problem. I've since sat back and taken a different perspective of my Life and seen that Love is what it's been all about, and the concept of 'we are Love/Light' does translate into 'real Life' - which has always been important to me.

I think we're designed to see ourselves as separate and unique but increasingly I find that's less and less of being the case. A frequency band of the rainbow/light seems to be gaining ground. What seems to be continuing to grow is the concept of Gestalt Reality, that we are aspects of the Universe. It's perhaps Spirituality's equivalent of Einstein's Unifying Theory and explains so much. The Light, the Love, how you perceive yourself and your experience - all aspects of the Universe as a whole. Perhaps the understanding there is that these things exist within the Universe in whatever shape or form you perceive them, and that you are capable of that perception. Given that you're in a Spiritual forum and asking these questions you are already seeking what you've experienced, perhaps the Universe has answered you and given you just enough so as not to blow you away completely. Be careful what you wish for because it looks as though you got it. Nothing explains better than experience and your own answers are always the best one for you. A simple understanding would be that seemingly different aspects of the Universe came together to create that experience through interaction. But then magic isn't so magical when we understand it.