Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-02-2014, 01:55 PM
rijhumal

sign of enlightment

what is m main sign of enlightment have any one experienced
Old 17-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Guide

i have no idea, but i've read this.

before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
after enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 17-02-2014, 03:09 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamom
i have no idea, but i've read this.

before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
after enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

I've read this also; its about "humility" ...
I have felt a complete floating weightlessness similar but beyond the after effects of sex, humbleness, acceptance - a release of chains (burdens) on my soul, trust in my intuition, higher comprehension when communicated with, greater understanding of purpose, people & the world ...
I've had many ...
They liven/wake the soul ...
However, they did not fill my mouth w/spiritual words or change my style of dress or burn incense or provide supernatural powers or make me feel compelled to preach it to people ...

I've read stories by other members whose awakening/enlightment was far different from mine ...
Hopefully, they'll chime in so you will have more than one reference ...
Old 17-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijhumal
what is m main sign of enlightment have any one experienced
Realizing that you aren't any more enlightened than others, you're just like everybody else. Others may believe differently or come from different environments, but we're all human. Realizing we share the faults that we see in others.
Old 17-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Guide

commonality among all living creatures
Old 17-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Naddread

Knowing you can't come into a thread entitled "signs of enlightenment" and think you have the answer....

wait...

dammit! :)

~Naddread~
Old 17-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Master
according to the vedas, and krishnamurti, the enlightened ones never dream. psychologically speaking, nothing is carried over so the slate is clean come sleep time.

also a sign of enlightenment, i imagine, would be a certain vacuity or emptiness; an inability to form psychological concepts, philosophies or theories, due to being, literally, stuck in the now...or as one sage put it "like having your head stuck in the universe". enlightenment can't do anything else, its incapable of being sad or in conflict. i believe the brain cells are even changed so as to even physically not allow energy blocks, which would materialise from conflict.

an interesting point also, i think, is that apparently there is no "experiencer" of enlightenment, there is only that. to experience enlightenment implies a centre from which the experience takes place, but isn't enlightenment the end of the central censor?

id guess there are no alive enlightened beings on earth at the moment. ive not seen/heard any. could be wrong tho

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 17-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Master
The question about enlightenment brings always some interesting answers.
Mainly because, most think it's a big deal, a great step towards unity or what ever, or even the ultimate step and then there is nothing or what ever.
But it is really no big deal.
You simply start seeing yourself. That's all. There is so much light within yourself, it would blind you if you could see it from this reality.
So, if some see a snippet of their own light, they assume they are enlightened. In most cases, if not all, it is the body/mind who makes this assumption.
Old 17-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
enlightened. In most cases, if not all, it is the body/mind who makes this assumption.
I would think if the body/mind assumed it was enlightened, then it would be. I don't think any of us have actually convinced ourselves we're enlightened, it's more of a surface idea from the conscious mind that's not very deep.

The mind, body, spirit, divine are all one imo, so healing that family, our inner family, causes the body/mind to change it's ideas about itself, that we're loved. Then the conscious mind changes how it sees the world. People you can tell genuinely care and are loving are the one's I think of as being enlightened, whether they believe in anything spiritual or not.
Old 17-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Master
Hello,

I don't think the question of what or who is enlightened can be answered, IMO.

By answering such questions one is giving an idea or identity to what enlightenment is, IMO, and may conform it to fit into these.

If one is enlightened then one is just being. Yes, there is divinity recognized in this, but who is recognizing it, the one that is said to be enlightened or the other seeing the divinity with in the person?