Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Fairmountain

How does over stimulation relate to wanting control?

So I started working with the Sedona Method recently. For those who are not there is part of the course that deals with lust. There are two places lust becomes an issue for me: sex and searching the internet. Now I know that seems odd but while I don’t have an addiction to the internet (or sex) there is a compulsive feeling that comes with checking email, checking this forum, checking the news, checking facebook ect…

There is something that the mind thinks it needs by being driven to get these things. Its wanting stimulation. Its wanting to be stimulated and then after being over stimulated if feels a “down”. Like when you watch movies all day or check you email hoping for something and not getting it. There is a let down from expectation. An expectation of needs getting met - although they are never met.

For myself I know this is lust because these are the emotions I feel: frenzy, gluttonous, I want, impatient, must have it, never enough, never satisfied ect…

(I was about to post this then realized that there is a bit of pride in here as well. Very odd - but its interesting because it makes sense. The "conflict" that the ego gains due to news/gossip/whatever creates many emotions. But there is a sense of entertainment - one can be "above it al" or aloof, arrogant,cool,critical, judgmental...... perhaps this is my need or want to remain superior then others....stemming form lack of acceptance?)

So this wanting – what does it stem from? The Sedona Method says that all wants come from either needing approval, control, security or oneness. I think for myself this has to do with control.

The energetic movement of control feels pushy. There is a wanting something to change, wanting to understand, to be on top, to be right…

I am trying to see how my lust for the internet/news relates to control. Because if you look deeper it not about the internet its about a want or need not getting met that I think I lack. What is it?

What deeper patterns or desires are running?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Suspended
It is not about Control..it is about Coping. Doing those things help you cope with life problems and feelings. Maybe the only thing you are trying to control is your feelings.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Fairmountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
It is not about Control..it is about Coping. Doing those things help you cope with life problems and feelings. Maybe the only thing you are trying to control is your feelings.

Thunder Bow this is totally spot on. I think sometimes when we dive into something for too long we make it more complex then it has to be. Thank you for a fresh perspective.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Knower
Just a quick message to say that I struggle with the same need or lust for 'input' - I can spend hours on the Internet, without truly achieving anything and without satisfaction. I think I use it as an excuse, a method of distraction and procrastination - keeping myself "busy" because I fear that I might not be good enough at the work I should be doing instead.
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmountain
So I started working with the Sedona Method recently. For those who are not there is part of the course that deals with lust. There are two places lust becomes an issue for me: sex and searching the internet. Now I know that seems odd but while I don’t have an addiction to the internet (or sex) there is a compulsive feeling that comes with checking email, checking this forum, checking the news, checking facebook ect…

The desire for connection.

There is something that the mind thinks it needs by being driven to get these things. Its wanting stimulation. Its wanting to be stimulated and then after being over stimulated if feels a “down”. Like when you watch movies all day or check you email hoping for something and not getting it. There is a let down from expectation. An expectation of needs getting met - although they are never met.

[I]Expectation in longing, will over stimulate. Longing and allowing wihtout attachment will stimulate in a new way [/I]

For myself I know this is lust because these are the emotions I feel: frenzy, gluttonous, I want, impatient, must have it, never enough, never satisfied ect…

Yes your feelings are there being revealed.

(I was about to post this then realized that there is a bit of pride in here as well. Very odd - but its interesting because it makes sense. The "conflict" that the ego gains due to news/gossip/whatever creates many emotions. But there is a sense of entertainment - one can be "above it al" or aloof, arrogant,cool,critical, judgmental...... perhaps this is my need or want to remain superior then others....stemming form lack of acceptance?)

Taking pride in your contributions and allowing it all to be, letting go and not holding on clears out all feelings, to allow your to see the view you wish to see without unnecessary emotions taking over. Life is to be lived fully, enjoyment and entertainment usually go deeper as we deepn through those levels you mentioned.

So this wanting – what does it stem from? The Sedona Method says that all wants come from either needing approval, control, security or oneness. I think for myself this has to do with control.

We all want for various reasons, your emotions may lead you, or your heart...or both...sometimes they are in conflict.

The energetic movement of control feels pushy. There is a wanting something to change, wanting to understand, to be on top, to be right…

To want with expectation again, shows you that you wanting is tarnished with something else leading. Change the lead and see what you really want then.

I am trying to see how my lust for the internet/news relates to control. Because if you look deeper it not about the internet its about a want or need not getting met that I think I lack. What is it?

Getting your needs met, once emotions are cleared out, reveals the real needs and you find the inner balance of it all as one.

What deeper patterns or desires are running?

Connection all starts within, connection to yourself without attachement to expectations, judgement, control....shows how connection can be in balance with the outside world.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
silent whisper

http://www.themindunleashed.org/2013...sing-and.html#
Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Fairmountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Connection all starts within, connection to yourself without attachement to expectations, judgement, control....shows how connection can be in balance with the outside world.

Silent Whisper....thank you for this. There is a lot here for me to process i just wanted to let you know that I read your posting and having some things I need to look into.

Nice article by the way - very relevant to what I was asking about.