Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 13-06-2013, 05:03 AM
Knower

Send me a pm with the track listing(the names of the songs) please. Thanks. ;)
Old 13-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Master
Hi Mystik,

The first song is Larks Tongues In Aspic pt 1, the last song is Larks Tongues In Aspic pt 2. There is song # 3 called Exiles. Its definitely the right album. I wouldn't make a mistake like that.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Knower

Ok. Well, all I can say is that if you give it a chance it will grow on you(especially if you are looking for something "wild." )It's an awesome record. I like it better than the other two KC albums you have. If you like upbeat I would suggest the other two from the Adrian Belew era. YOu already have Discipline so next I would suggest Three of a perfect pair and then Beat. You should be able to listen to them on youtube before you buy.

So what are some of these albums you used to smoke to back in the day. Just wondering.
Old 13-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
So what are some of these albums you used to smoke to back in the day. Just wondering.

LOL.

Steve Hillage, Gong, Here & Now, Hawkwind, Frank Zappa, Floyd, Led Zep & King Crimson.....

I still like all these bands today and still listen to them occasionally. They bring back good memories..... What put me off Larks Tongues was that it is so 'mellow' and dreamy....I need a little more bite. I'll give Three Of and Beat a try like you suggest.

Old 13-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Master
Hi Mystik,

I just discovered Three Of A Perfect Pair and Beat are considered a trilogy along with Discipline; with all three of them being released in the early 80's. They may be worth me buying them. Thanks.

Meanwhile I just ordered In The Court 40th Anniversary Remastered Edition! Its all good stuff. I will give Larks Tongues another try too.

Old 14-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Knower

I'm surprised you don't remember Lark's tongues in aspic from back in the day assuming you were into all those bands when they were new. I know of most of them and have seen Steve Hillage and Hawkwind live(and King Crimson too). If you are into pscyh stuff I would recommend some of the earlier stuff by Porcupine Tree. Maybe not upbeat and they eventually turned a bit heavier later on but I would say start with Stupid Dream or Lightbulb Sun. Both have a dreamy quality like Floyd but without the excessive psychedelia of their earliest stuff. Then move backwards. Try their stuff out on youtube first.
Old 14-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Master
Porcupine Tree & Steve Wilson. Steve has been cropping up in my life because he is responsible for various remasters of old classic albums; such as Warrior On The Edge Of Time. I'm surprised to discover he has a band of his own. I checked out the latest album by Porcupine Tree and did not think much of it. I'll try the earlier stuff too.

Old 14-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Knower

Yeah, I recommend Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun to start with. They are a bit in the alternative vein but much deeper and more atmospheric than most of that stuff. Then go backwards. I haven't heard much Steve Wilson solo but I will eventually. I've heard good things about them. Steve was actually a pretty nice guy when I met him too. Unfortunately the pictures of him and I never turned out.
Old 21-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Cosmical

For me I'd have to say Animal Collective.. there is just such a VIBE. When I listen to Animal Collective I feel free and alive... transported to another realm.

The song 'In The Flowers' is one of my favourites for that exact reason.
Old 21-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Master

Swans - The Seer

About as wild as it gets on a recording imho. Reaches into the animal subconscious.

Rap is pretty wild, but not for old ears. This band takes it in a new direction and sound pretty wild to me..

Death Grips - The Money Store