Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-05-2011, 03:52 AM
therefinedmind

Angel1 Do we get to remember all our previous lives when we die?

I often wonder whether we get to remember our previous lives, when we are in between lives on the other side.

I'm not talking about the life that we just lived before dying, but the ones before that.

I have heard that we will recognize souls from other lives, but does it just stop there? Or do we get to remember things that we did in previous lives? I wonder whether the memory wiping mechanism is just something that applies to our physical, human experience.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Sorry if this has been discussed before - I'm new and couldn't find it!
Old 26-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Ascender

If that's what you wish to explore and experience in the spiritual then definitely. And you will meet souls with whom you have had a lifelong connection with that spans more than the age of our physical universe. There's no limit to what you will be allowed to do.
Old 26-05-2011, 01:53 PM
therefinedmind

Thanks Rom, that sounds good to me. It'll be intriguing to see who I was and what I got up to in my past lives.
Old 26-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Dawn

Rom, indeed and so very true.
And lol TheRefinedMind, you sound like I did when I was first starting out. I wanted to know about all (or at least as many as possible) of my past lives. I wanted to know how I was, who I was, how I lived, what I've been through that's helped make me into the person I am now. (Yes I know that physical upbringing and current enviroment influence us, but there are deeper traits I've had for as long as I can remember in this past life that I really couldn't explain. Places, people, cultures that I felt so deeply comfortable with, but I didn't understand why. I didn't understand why until I started recalling past lives, any way. ^_^)

All it really takes is for you to be curious about it. To want to know. The memories will begin to come and lol I wouldn't doubt it one bit if you get repeatedly surprised by what you remember.

So, TheRefinedMind, may your journey help you answer all of the questions you may have, and even answer some of the ones you don't!
Old 26-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Master
I beleive that yes once we die we get to know everythign and yes we do or are allowed then to relive or relearn or learn about our past lives, all of them.
Spiritlite.
Old 26-05-2011, 06:47 PM
CJ82Sky

i agree with what has been said, and that we can also remember them when incarnated. so far i've been able to document and historically verify timeline-wise about 8 or so of my past lives. good stuff! i also feel as long as we don't get too obsessed with the past, learning from it can help us from repeating it and help us complete lessons we may have started but didn't learn successfully in past lives. the challenge is to not become so wrapped up in our past that we let it hinder our present or future, and that we don't lose sight of why we are here or use it to make excuses for things now. we always have the ability to improve ourselves and overcome the past ime.
Old 27-05-2011, 11:57 AM
therefinedmind

Everything is familiar

It's funny you say that Dawn because whenever I find myself in different situations such as different cultures, I ask myself "Does this seem familiar?" and then EVERYTHING seems familiar!

I try to imagine being a murderer, being murdered, drowning, being a plant, being a caveman having to run from dinosaurs. I try to imagine life in the Victorian era, wearing a long dress and a bonnet, imagining sitting on the hard seat of the horse and cart and imagining whether I had a favorite side of the cart

Just about every atom of my palm is covered in lines, so I'm supposedly an old soul...
Old 27-05-2011, 12:05 PM
therefinedmind

CJ82Sky, wow - that's amazing! How did you come to remember those lives? Did you see a past life therapist, or did you just start remembering things gradually? That's awesome that you were able to document and verify the details!
Old 27-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Guide
Why do I feel a certain rejection and a kind of sadness concerning to know about my past lives? any ideas?
Old 27-05-2011, 03:03 PM
CJ82Sky

i just worked on it myself through meditation and work with a past life quartz i found when i was a child and then would research what i saw and felt against documented history. ive had some friends help, and i help friends and it just seems to come together. its hard to explain but has just been something i've done for years lol! i'm weird i know haha