Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 26-11-2018, 05:13 PM
ImthatIm

Sweat lodge cramping help?

This last time I sweat I experienced the worst cramps I have ever felt, from my toes up back of legs and back to my neck. I have learned over the years to fill with water prior and it eases much of the physical recovery after. But any suggestions are welcome. Foods herbs teas whatever.
Old 27-11-2018, 02:05 AM
ImthatIm

Sweat lodge tonight. Cramps or no cramps.
Old 27-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Knower
It is good.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:34 AM
Experiencer
Drink more water beforehand.When you sweat a lot it is changing your bodies’ electrolytes. It is putting you off balance. Take potassium if you keep cramping, magnesium will help I think too.
Old 30-01-2019, 12:05 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Drink more water beforehand.When you sweat a lot it is changing your bodies’ electrolytes. It is putting you off balance. Take potassium if you keep cramping, magnesium will help I think too.

Magnesium.
Started to take a supplement and this last sweat went smooth, no cramping.
I thank you.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:45 AM
Master
Potassium Chloride can eliminate cramps in a minute or two. The problem with Potassium Chloride
is if you take too much, it can be fatal. Bananas are a great source of Potassium.

Magnesium Oxide has about the same effect on me. Sometimes I have to take both.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:48 PM
ImthatIm

Magnesium oxide is what I took. It appeared to help.
Old 29-04-2020, 06:30 AM
Ascender
Drink your weight in oz for a week beforehand so you are adequately hydrated. That is baseline. Healthy hydration over time rather than stuffing it all in in a short amount of time. Have some good meals including banana and leafy greens. Take a multivitamin everyday if you don't.

I didn't experience any pain but even with being properly hydrated, I had to lay myself down in my cushion of leaves, cheek to the cold earth in order to stop myself from running out lol.
Old 29-04-2020, 06:31 AM
Ascender
Oh, sorry, just realized how long ago this was. I hope it was a good experience for you.
Old 29-04-2020, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Drink your weight in oz for a week beforehand so you are adequately hydrated. That is baseline. Healthy hydration over time rather than stuffing it all in in a short amount of time. Have some good meals including banana and leafy greens. Take a multivitamin everyday if you don't.

I didn't experience any pain but even with being properly hydrated, I had to lay myself down in my cushion of leaves, cheek to the cold earth in order to stop myself from running out lol.

Bananas are a great source for potassium.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.