Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Master
If you go in a bar the chances are you would find people who love to party .
If you go to a gym the chances are you would find people who love training and
take care of their health ...
If you follow this idea then you can move forward to find the kind of people
you would like to meet .

Note : However i wondered the same question not so long ago
i guess i should take my own advise . Thank you for asking :)
Old 21-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Hello

I met like minded people at a Metaphysical Society that I now help run. Its similar to a Spiritual Church were there is no "Dogma" attached. We are a group of psychics, mediums, healers ext.

Watch out for things that ask for money usually these groups are by donation. More than that is an organization for profit that is not what one truly wants to find.

Lynn
Old 23-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
That's so important. There are groups fronted by individuals out there very eager to join people up, the keener the better. But backing out of these groups can be a different matter entirely. I can think of a couple of groups who play on people's spiritual naivety then entrap them.

It's good to hear from people who have come across this sort of thing.
Old 25-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I met like minded people at a Metaphysical Society that I now help run. Its similar to a Spiritual Church were there is no "Dogma" attached. We are a group of psychics, mediums, healers ext.

As a non-religious person, I have nonetheless sort-of envied people who attend church/temple/mosque/circle every week. As part of a community, showing up on a regular basis, it's much easier to meet people who share your spiritual views and values. But dragging myself out of bed on Sunday mornings and making myself presentable...eh--can'd do it, LOL.

That said, Unitarian Universalist churches might be another good place to start. They're kind of a spiritual "catch-all," where people who can't quite fit into any one religion can still come together in a spiritual community. Individual congregations can vary quite a bit; the one nearest my house has a lot of atheists snd agnostics, while the one across town is more "New Age-y."

New Thought churches, such as Unity or Science of Mind/Religious Science, might be another possibility.

Quote:
Watch out for things that ask for money usually these groups are by donation. More than that is an organization for profit that is not what one truly wants to find.

I'd also advise watching out for any group that tries to pressure you into joining or staying--and that includes using tactics such as "love bombing," where they shower you with so much kindness that you end up feeling guilty when you try to pull away. A healthy, supportive group will always be happy to see newcomers, but they will also be understanding if you decide they aren't what you're looking for.
Old 25-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Knower

I am a member on meetup.com too, and met a lot of new friends when I attended workshops. Just look for spirituality groups and you will find people like you.
Old 25-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Narah

I know exactly how you feel! I also have problems to know people with the same type of believings... And the worst is that I can't talk about it with many of my friends beucause they would think that I'm crazy.
Old 29-03-2014, 12:45 PM
tereza777

I have met like minded people in the oddest circumstances, because you will attract what you are. Try yoga class, meditation class? You will start meeting people like yourself, get yourself out there :) all the best
Old 29-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Master
Are there any metaphysical stores / crystals stores in your area..Sometimes they have notice boards on what is around and available, all the best :))
Old 29-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narah
I know exactly how you feel! I also have problems to know people with the same type of believings... And the worst is that I can't talk about it with many of my friends beucause they would think that I'm crazy.

Yeah...they just give me a fake smile and have the look of "ok, she's out there" on their faces...
I sometimes feel sorry for them, but then again, to each is own....so I don't
talk about this stuff with anyone really. I keep to myself.