Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Ascender

Is your spirit a separate thing?

So I was reading some stuff about how when you have a strong connection with someone you can feel their spirit 'visiting' and sometimes their emotions. I'm wondering then if I should be seeing soul and human self as two different things. For example, if I have a strong soul based connection with someone I can often feel his energy around me or sometimes I feel his emotions or that he is sending me messages and love. Because of the way things are right now I don't think his human self is consciously doing this so I think it's at a soul level... SO does your spirit self act separately from your human self? Like could my spirit be 'visiting' people without me consciously asking it to?

Sorry if this makes no sense. Kind of hard to put into words...
Old 19-03-2014, 03:12 PM
KevinAdam

There are several things happening in those circumstances, and they're all at different levels of perception. We've all heard of the conscious mind and the subconscious, but they're not the only parts of us. There is a superconscious part of us also. This superconsciousness is your soul consciousness, or spirit.

Even though there appears to be 3 distinct aspects to us, describing these aspects as separate parts of us only makes it easier to convey these ideas. These parts are all "us," and all connected.

So, to answer your question: yes, your superconscious and subconscious can take action without your conscious mind being fully aware of it. In that sense your spirit can be acting without your conscious mind asking it to, but it is still acting according to your choice as an integrated soul. I hope that makes it a bit more clear and not more confusing.
Old 19-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Ascender

Thank you! I'm happy you understood what I was trying to say haha. I understand that it's all one part of us but yes, separating them makes it easier for my brain to wrap around.

Thanks again :)
Old 19-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Ivy

I would have answered, but kevinadam's explanation says it all really.
Old 19-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Experiencer

I don't blieve so. Only if one is in the spiritual realm. I think you're letting your imagination run riot, it happens. I don't think your intentions with this dude are pure, so karmic? As people keep saying.
Old 19-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc
So I was reading some stuff about how when you have a strong connection with someone you can feel their spirit 'visiting' and sometimes their emotions. I'm wondering then if I should be seeing soul and human self as two different things. For example, if I have a strong soul based connection with someone I can often feel his energy around me or sometimes I feel his emotions or that he is sending me messages and love. Because of the way things are right now I don't think his human self is consciously doing this so I think it's at a soul level... SO does your spirit self act separately from your human self? Like could my spirit be 'visiting' people without me consciously asking it to?

It makes perfect sens.
You are always spirit, and never the human form. We connect with the human form and experience life through the human form. Who does the driving? This is not so clear. For many life times the spirit will sit back and let the human form do the driving, and only gradually and gently will it make attempts to influence the human form. Toward the end of the incarnation cycle the spirit will do most of the driving if it gets the trust of the human form. And this is the important part many don't seam to understand, don't fight the ego, get it to trust you. It makes life so much easier. And of cause shortens the incarnation cycle.
Old 20-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Ascender

Quote:
It makes perfect sens.
You are always spirit, and never the human form. We connect with the human form and experience life through the human form. Who does the driving? This is not so clear. For many life times the spirit will sit back and let the human form do the driving, and only gradually and gently will it make attempts to influence the human form. Toward the end of the incarnation cycle the spirit will do most of the driving if it gets the trust of the human form. And this is the important part many don't seam to understand, don't fight the ego, get it to trust you. It makes life so much easier. And of cause shortens the incarnation cycle.

I really like these thoughts and ultimately what I have been trying to focus on and learn about. Learning to trust my instincts and follow heart rather than letting ego take the wheel all the time. I like that you say "don't fight the ego, get it to trust you." The idea of trying to work with yourself as one unit rather than trying to "remove" parts. We have ego for a reason so getting it to trust you like a friend is an interesting perspective. It's a lot to wrap my head around but it's all starting to make sense :)
Old 25-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Knower

I believe that too. Like ever since 2012 I've been connected to this girl spiritually and whenever I think about her I pick up her energy. And if I think something bad about her her spirit hurts me psychically. I can't seem to shake her energy off. I believe she is my twin flame but I also believe she doesn't know she's connected to me. Before I met her I used to be in a lot of intense pain that I believe was psychic as the doctors couldn't find any explanation and it disappeared once I moved to her city. So I do think your spirit self can affect people without your human self knowing.
Old 27-03-2014, 06:33 AM
bkveda

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc

Yes spirit can and does work on subconscious and unconscious levels. Conscious is very small part of spirit work. So spirit works mostly unawares of conscious human self or personality whenever it needs and all the time. You seem to be able to sense this happening with your connection to this person.