Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Greenslade

[quote=Coming2]Ok so I am curious about something...the books state that our consciousness takes over or melds with the vehicle which infers that we(our souls) are completely separate entities than our bodies. Does that mean that a body can function without a soul?? If we are coming in and taking over, and it suggests that sometimes there is a struggle, that we could be dealing with a totally different organism than what we assume is our natural body. So are we, in essence, alien entities inhabiting earth bound bodies?? Does this mean that there is a basic life form with no or little intelligence being commandeered by our souls?? So..... when we inhabit these bodies before birth are we filling a hole already occupied by something else entirely??
[quote]

Here's how I like to visualise it. Think of a radio where you can tune into certain radio stations. You're listening to rock 'n' roll on one station then you fancy some country and western, so you fiddle with the dial until you pick up a suitable station. In between you get all that horrible fuzz where you're neither here not there. But all these radio stations exist in the same band, just a slightly different wavelength. At the moment we're tuned into Radio 3D, so everything appears third dimensional. Going into Astral travel tunes the radio into Radio 5D for instance. While we're tuned into Radio 3D, our Souls are tuned into Radio 5D (or so). The waves are still occupying the same airspace, just on a different frequency. Our physical bodies and our Souls occupy the same space but on different wavelengths. Everything vibrates - even the Universe. It has what's called the 'Schumman Resonance (if I've spelt it correctly :-)

While I was doing some mediumship work with someone, they asked why their daughter had miscarried. The answer I got was that the Spirit was not meant to be born - a change of mind/glitch. As I understand it, if there is no Soul for the body/foetus then there won't be conception. We're not commandeering the body, it was meant for the Spirit in the first place and if the Spirit doesn't have need of it after all (as in a change of mind), then there's a miscarriage.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 AM
serenadracis

I have seen bodies in the ICU that were technically 'alive' but I could tell their souls were already gone. As in 'Elvis has left the building' permanently. The spirit was hovering nearby though. It was very sad to hear them ask for the machines and drugs to be turned off. Once or twice they asked for their body to be kept on the machines until a loved one could arrive to say goodbye. It didn't matter to them; they're not in pain/suffering and the body no longer had the intellect to realize it's position.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Trieah

Interesting topic. I do have both of those book, just haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

I remember something someone told me a while back. She said her guides told her that reincarnation was just "spirit possession" on a grand scale. But the way she took it to mean, was that the souls of dead people attach themselves to the living, as some way of being able to get more life in a physical body, cause they're too afraid of going into the Light. And that's why she doesn't believe anyone who claims they've had past lives, cause it's really just some terrified lost soul that just wants to keep living on Earth. And living people are only recalling that other soul's memories because of the attachment.

This woman was always trying to convince me that I'm just under the influence of a bunch of lost souls clinging to a living person for dear life. Oh, and of course, I'm also just suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, and needed drugs and psychological help, just like her. Don't you just love it when other people try make themselves look normal by claiming everyone else is exactly just like them?

Anyway, for obvious reasons, that perspective just doesn't seem to resonate with me, because it makes it all sound like something so sinister and desperately pathetic. If the whole process actually is nothing but "spirit possession", then I'm much more inclined to believe what Greenslade said about it. That the body is just a vehicle a soul uses to live on the physical plane once again, and for whatever reason they may have for wanting/needed to come back to the physical world.

So, if the body is just a vehicle, doesn't it need something like a self aware conscience being, such as a soul, to actually drive it, in order for the vehicle to operate?