Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 01-05-2015, 12:33 AM
Knower
Question Loki - Some Input and Questions

Loki - A Norse Deity/Jotun trickster, deceiver, changer, and deity of Fire, Mischief, Chaos, and Hearth. Depending on the person, the chaos or change can be positive or negative. He can deceive you or help you see the deceivers.
Everything that Loki did built up to the end or Ragnarok(A big change, the Apocalypse, the Revelation) Which just means "To Reveal" and the "end" part is the end of what you used to know as "truth" (stop being paranoid lol).
Even after all that he had done, Baldr comes back from Hel and rules the new batch of Gods and Goddesses. The land is back and better than before. It's a story of renewal and cleansing.
Loki points out the hypocrisy of the deities, and literally THAT is the reason why he is bound (Killing Baldr just ****ed them off). They fought change but it happened anyway. He points out their flaws. Flaws that normal humans would be punished for. Like Odin knowing Seiðr (Magic) is considered an "Argr/ergi" thing and taboo for most men to learn. (Argr means unmanly and ergi is unmanliness, it's a homophobic slur basically. Also calling you a coward. Punishable by making you and outcast, and lying about someone like that is punishable by death or heavy penalty)

I've been reading more about him and want to know your thoughts, experiences, etc pertaining to him. I read even if you aren't into Heathenism you can work with him. (I'm feeling drawn to learn more, and have had dreams. No, not Marvel Loki, though he did have dark hair in some)

I have a few questions as well for anyone who is "Lokean" or has him as a Patron and/or Guide.
Input/Insight is very helpful. Also information and sources to expand my knowledge or correct any errors.

"Fire, is in and of itself an embodiment of polarity: creation and destruction, chaos and order. Fire can burn snuffing out life, destroying both homes and crops. Fire can be used to cook and prepare food, warm one against the cold of winter, used to craft the finest and delicate objects from handspun and blown glass, and used at the blacksmith’s forge in the creation of farming implements, cooking instruments, and weapons for the luck, well-being and good-fortune of the community." Patheos.com I really liked this part.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:25 AM
Ascender

Is there any evidence to suggest he's real? I don't mean scientific but credible mediumship etc??
Old 01-05-2015, 01:50 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Is there any evidence to suggest he's real? I don't mean scientific but credible mediumship etc??

I've read a few accounts from people, those who do and don't worship him. Deity or not (as in entity, spirit) He exists on some level and the accounts share some similarities. His image, or face and feelings, may change but not his energy and personality do not. (Some though say they met Loki but it turns out to be someone they misidentified. Any bad experiences I found were not from Loki but something negative entirely.)
I find it important to have similarities when dealing with a known Spirit or Entity and conversing with others about it. Not everything has to match though.
Another reason why I was hoping a seasoned medium/channeler/worshiper to pop in and help out!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
I studied Norse Mythology years ago. I admired Odin for 'giving Loki a chance'. He reminded me of me! (yes silly me. I used to give umpteen chances to those who took advantage later....and have modified that approach somewhat.)

I always thought of the "Gods" and Beings in the myths as being aspects of Consciousness personified.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:46 AM
Knower
That is an interesting view. I see them all as Entities or Spirits that are powerful and have influence. Different aspects make sense too.

And it is nice that Odin gave Loki a chance. They even became blood brothers in the stories!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:08 AM
Knower
Just to add in: I've had somebody say that they also sensed Loki around me. I've had a reading and they have stated that he is there to help me with something deceitful or about being deceived. I also feel change is in order.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Knower
Loki can be seen as the catalyst for change. He can also be seen as the the link between old ways and new and eventually as a connection to revenge. One strong theory or at least i accept it as strong is that the heart that Loki eats of is the heart of Gullveig, this is what reminds him of his duty or nature and brings him back to his purpose and starts the course of Ragnarok. Ironically prior to that though Loki is playing tricks and events that lead to preparation for Ragnarok,such as obtaining Mjolnir.

There is also some idea that Loki's mother mayhave been Vanir.

I am obviously by name alone a fan.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Knower
Thanks for all of the posts from you guys!

Does anybody have any tips on working with Loki? Better communication, sources for dream interpretation, maybe someone who has experience can share a few pointers?
Maybe even a recommended list of reading material?
Maybe even a reader/medium can chime in?
Old 08-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlyn Laufey
Loki can be seen as the catalyst for change. He can also be seen as the the link between old ways and new and eventually as a connection to revenge. One strong theory or at least i accept it as strong is that the heart that Loki eats of is the heart of Gullveig, this is what reminds him of his duty or nature and brings him back to his purpose and starts the course of Ragnarok. Ironically prior to that though Loki is playing tricks and events that lead to preparation for Ragnarok, such as obtaining Mjolnir.

There is also some idea that Loki's mother mayhave been Vanir.

I am obviously by name alone a fan.

Vanir parentage would make sense. He could have seen something in the future or saw that change was inevitable and had done things on purpose (to an extent lol). His mother either goes by two names, or there is dispute over her name. Laufey or Nil? It is stated who his father is though, a Jotun.
Thought his mother, either Vanir, Aesir, or also Jotun.

Have you worked with Loki?
Old 09-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Knower
Cat Laufey

Gem, Laufey and Nil are often regarded as the same. Laufey was translated to "Slender' or needle' sometimes to "weak tree'. but I have seen references to her in other sources as an older Earth Goddess figure and her name meaning "Isle of Tree's".
Also eating the heart of Gullveig is what allows Loki to give birth according to the Voluspa (although I have yet to locate passage).

I like the idea that laufey may have been a Vanir,
it fits well with the Norse cycle concept.

And yes I do work with Loki.