Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
spiritualized

Realities of the Spirit World

Around 12 years ago I came across the writings of Brain Weiss - & read all his books. Then I stumbled across Michael Newton & read all his. After that the subject of the 'inter life' & spirit World has been quite a large area of interest for me. I've also worked my way through the works of Ian Lawton, Andy Tomlinson, Robert Schwartz, as well as some work by Kubler Ross, Dolores Cannon & others.

I've also been very interested in Rich Martini's contribution to the area, with his documentary film & book, & being able to chat with him on this forum.

This has all tied in with a long standing interest in spirituality in general; with a variety & large range/scope of subjects - such as ascension/initiation/Theosophy/Anthroposophy/the perennial philosophy/energy healing systems - all sorts.

These subjects & areas have helped to calm certain fears, answer certain questions & help resolve certain issues. The questions I have personally concern 2 main things -

1. Specifically in what ways & how do all these areas relate to my own life/soul in the context of my life circumstances & experiences? In general terms - with connections/knowledge of past lives; with spirit guides/council of Elders/Soul group/Soul partner, & Soul Age, etc.

2. Should I take active steps to explore all these areas further with other people; like a past life/inter life therapist? Or am I best to let thing unfold as they do/will?

I feel that a serious spiritual practise, knowledge/wisdom, awakening, realisation/actualisation can take decades of hard work. After 11 years of seriously following a spiritual path; I feel that in many ways I'm simply only scratching the surface still. Although I do feel that there is a lot of creativity & spirituality within me, I also feel that these aspects to myself are in the background in certain ways.

It is I feel in certain ways very complex for a number of reasons, & too complex for anyone else to work out.

For me, of everything that I've explored, studied, looked into & researched - the stuff that makes the most sense, clarity & depth of information is the inter life material, & is the areas that I'm most drawn to.

I don't know if I am best to simply focus on the living & enjoying of my life as much as possible, & leaving everything else to one side. Or - to dive into exploring all the past life/inter life areas of my being in any ways possible? Or maybe both?

What complicates it all for me is that I've had a very rough road so far in many ways - with a past of addiction/alcoholism & severe mental health difficulties. I fluctuate greatly in my well being & functioning, & get all kinds of very odd emotional & mental/consciousness states.

I'm not sure what can be more fully resolved, nor how best to?

I'm not sure that there are any categorical answers here? I know that there are some good people that use this forum - it is just very hard to know exactly what to do? Do I plod on as I have been doing, following my own path & practises - or seek out some kind of new assistance in these areas that I am drawn to?

At one level - is it even necessary to explore the past life/inter life stuff?

If possible it would be interesting to hear from anyone that has had a similar background & life experiences to myself that has gone down this route. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM
What an honest and clear post.

So many people will have so many things to say...
For me life is very simple with no complications.
I am (we are?) here for 2 reasons.... to connect with my (our) Source
and to go Home to our Source.

Anything that inspires me to remember that is for my highest good or
Goal...anything else can be tossed.

I have no concern for my past lives, a waste of time for ME.
It's all about Divine Love, not human love, not emotional love, not
temporary comforts...I follow the Donald Trump Method...go to the Top..
.focus...decide what it is you want...and it IS the Highest when you are still and honest, imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-10-2012, 05:30 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am (we are?) here for 2 reasons.... to connect with my (our) Source
and to go Home to our Source.

Thanks for the reply. Just my thoughts - If our purpose is to return to the source, then why did we ever leave in the first place? I feel that I'm 'here' for very good reason & purpose - to generalise it all as growth, learning & experience - to learn life lessons.

I have a whole set of questions about some peoples notions of the Self & Oneness. I tend to think that there is some far greater & unfathomable mystery here concerning the identity of the Self & spiritual progression.

I think that it's possible that a lot can potentially be learned through awareness & healing of certain past life experiences.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
Thanks for the reply. Just my thoughts - If our purpose
is to return to the source, then why did we ever leave in the first place?
I feel that I'm 'here' for very good reason & purpose - to generalise it all as
growth, learning & experience - to learn life lessons.

I have a whole set of questions about some peoples notions of the Self & Oneness.
I tend to think that there is some far greater & unfathomable mystery here
concerning the identity of the Self & spiritual progression.

I think that it's possible that a lot can potentially be learned through
awareness & healing of certain past life experiences.
I bet you were very good in school. You have a very good mind.
Why did we leave in the first place?
Because.
Get it? Be the cause....in stillness or meditation...know that I am...are you
familar with Psalm 46:10?
One of the wisest verses of the Old Testament.

To know and understand the Creator is the thing; to know the Mind and Heart of the
"Lord".

Have you ever heard of the Divine Romance?
We are all actors on a stage...why?
To experience for yourself why is best..but, even the human intellect can undersand
That if God is the Single and Only One and in Him we have our Being and nothing
exists if not for Him...it would be a very lonely place.

As Meher Baba points out "...there is no one to love but
Himself as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines
He loves."

It's the Cosmic Dance.

We certainly can get caught up in the minutia of past lives or relationships here we
"Learn from"...but to understand what is really going on...a Romance...for me, cuts to the chase...
Ha...The Chase....good one.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
The unfathomable mystery?
Not so mysterious really...we are extensions of the Godhead, I call It
The Mothership, ha,...collecting data...ever expanding so the
Creator can experience everything thru us...but what is the ultimate?
When His creation turns back to Him of it's own free will and
recognizes and loves...Him.

So go, searching and learning from your past lives...I don't mean to stop
your decision to do that...but what will you learn in the end?
Probably what all the saints and mystics have said...it is all about
Divine Love...

Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Master
I don't know if I am best to simply focus on the living & enjoying of my life as much as possible, & leaving everything else to one side. Or - to dive into exploring all the past life/inter life areas of my being in any ways possible? Or maybe both?

I say both, spiritualized, but there is no 'should' about it. If you are curious about and feel to explore the esoteric side of your life then go for it.

Yet, as Miss H suggested, there's a third element to explore, and that is our true divine nature. Through meditation we can come to know the pure essence of ourselves.

And yes, you can involve yourself in all this, in your own time and in your own way. I have.

Xan

Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
know that I am...are you

I AM that I AM. I AM, AS IS.....Yes yes. All well & good.

Quote:
To know and understand the Creator is the thing; to know the Mind and Heart of the
"Lord".

The Greatest knowledge of God is that God is a Mystery.

Quote:
Have you ever heard of the Divine Romance?

It's all a Grand illusion/Game - that God is playing with Himself. There is really only one Being that actually exists. Yes yes, & have directly experienced such states.

It's all a Grand Play/Experiment in Experience to increase the Being of God/Source.

There are a Councils of Creators - & this is a particular experiment; we're all aspects of the one Creator of this Creation.

etc etc etc..........

For me - all of it still doesn't answer some fundamental questions.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Probably what all the saints and mystics have said...it is all about
Divine Love...

Lots of things have been said. I can go with Love & Truth as being what a lot is about on some Higher plane - But this planet, what goes on, & the realities of my life are not 'just' all about that. In some Ultimate sense - well maybe. Are you at that levels where you see ALL things as that? A totally non-dualistic state of Being? Where everything is Divine Truth & Unconditional Love? Or expressions/manifestations of it? can't say I've ever seen that in anyone. I look at this World & despair sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I say both, spiritualized, but there is no 'should' about it. If you are curious about and feel to explore the esoteric side of your life then go for it.

Yet, as Miss H suggested, there's a third element to explore, and that is our true divine nature. Through meditation we can come to know the pure essence of ourselves.

I do & have explored the esoteric. Self Realisation/Actualisation is something that very few it appears genuinely achieve. I've been formally meditating for some 8 years.

The Question I have has to more specifically do with 'self reference' (Do I follow my own path/intuition/healing) & not try to seek out 'outside' assistance/guidance/therapy or anything else from others in relation to my own spiritual path (Something that I'm beginning to think may be a major lesson for me). Or do I seek out the assistance of a competent practitioner trained in past life/inter life research? Given the context of having suffered with long term, severe & enduring mental health difficulties.

I understand that it's a question that maybe no one here can answer.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Master
spiritualized... My suggestion is to get in touch with your spirit guides, if you aren't already. Whether you consider their assistance outside or inside is a personal view. Through high level of communication with them you may get the sense of direction you seem to be looking for... and so much more.

Xan

Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
spiritualized... My suggestion is to get in touch with your spirit guides, if you aren't already. Whether you consider their assistance outside or inside is a personal view. Through high level of communication with them you may get the sense of direction you seem to be looking for... and so much more.

Xan

I've tried & practised to. Have seen & worked with a number of psychics. I get some intuitive stuff sometimes. Honestly though; I don't know with it all. Yes I believe that I have spirit guides. I also feel very close with my Grandmother who passed away some 14 years ago. But I feel that I don't have a definitely tangible contact with my spirit guides, in the sense of very clear guidance & messages. I do get a lot of synchronistic stuff, & stuff at intuitive/feeling levels.

It is like there is a load of stuff in the background or blocked. Maybe in part it's the medication that I'm on? Or a result of life experiences? I'm unsure.

There is this whole question of what is best to focus on & practise. I'm open to things, but nor am I new to the areas of spirituality. It's very hard to put certain things into words.