Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
MattParkman

Technology wins over death

Nanobiotechnology, Artificial white Blood Cells programmable to kill any virus or disease and diseased cells, artificial neurons to repair people neurologically, farm grown skin
The anti aging enzyme will be synthesized and cheap Rob's a good doc.
All this in two decades
Will you make it??
How long do you want to live, I'm shooting for 6.5 billion to go out with the Earth.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Ascender
It doesn't matter how long you live, if you don't achieve what you were meant to do. What's the point in living thousands of years, if one's life is pointless or a waste of time? Some people might live to only sixty, but achieve their life's purpose and do a great lot of good during that time. IMHO, it's quality that matters, not quantity.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
orli_the_owl

I like the idea of imortality, but the reality probably isnt as nice as im imagining. but still, id love to sit and watch the world change around me, hopefully for the better.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Mountain-Goat

A lot of mangas feature heavily regarding the evolutionary transformation of humans from organic to artifical lifeforms.

Fear of death produces many interesting things, from beliefs of an afterlife to replacing organic parts with artifical ones.
Gotta admire the imagination and ingenuitiy of my species.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Quintessence

I dread humans "defeating" death significantly more than death itself. In fact, it might just be my worst nightmare imaginable.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Master
I've always wanted to live forever. I guess pretty much for the adventure ~ continuously not knowing what's around the next corner sounds great to me. As long as we have our individual soul or spirit or whatever essence we are as a unique individual remains intact, I don't mind having artificial this or that, if need be...

Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Administrator
I would not want to live forever i never wanted to be born in the first place so why prolong a life thats been hard,
i cannot imagine anything more horrendous.

Namaste
Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
A lot of mangas feature heavily regarding the evolutionary transformation of humans from organic to artifical lifeforms.

Fear of death produces many interesting things, from beliefs of an afterlife to replacing organic parts with artifical ones.

If you consider the afterlife a subject of the imagination and toss about the word, "species." I suggest you do a deeper study into the subjects of evolution, morality and spirituality. Such subjects as these go far beyond the idea of just survival of a species, and many scientists are not even sure why or how humans have a moral code or look out beyond the stars. They do not fully understand why man creates such things as complex sciences and philosophies. These very acts are not important to the survival of any animal... yet man is different. And this says nothing of the atheist scientists who admit that the universe looks as if it were constructed by some higher and very intelligent being. Although as atheists, they cannot explain why the universe has this appearance... Thus, your remark swims with many flaws and gaps in the theory it seems to present.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
If you consider the afterlife a subject of the imagination and toss about the word, "species."
Every thought comes from the ability to imagine.
It's the ability to create.
I have not met a person yet who claims, or can verify they will not not die.
I have met\listened to plenty of people however, who imagine\theorize\beleive they will live forever.

Considering i have spoken many words in my post, why have you singled out 'species' as the only one you regard as being tossed?

Quote:
I suggest you do a deeper study into the subjects of evolution, morality and spirituality.
Why?
Quote:
Such subjects as these go far beyond the idea of just survival of a species, and many scientists are not even sure why or how humans have a moral code or look out beyond the stars.
They do not fully understand why man creates such things as complex sciences and philosophies.
Or why people believe in an afterlife and immortality...well apart from the fear of death of course.
Quote:
These very acts are not important to the survival of any animal... yet man is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC

Quote:
And this says nothing of the atheist scientists who admit that the universe looks as if it were constructed by some higher and very intelligent being.
That's right, as if...not verified, just theory so far.
But this does not stop people from imaging it is definately a god and they will even go so far as to define this god.
Quote:
Although as atheists, they cannot explain why the universe has this appearance...
Yet the intelligently continue to explore to find out.
Quote:
Thus, your remark swims with many flaws and gaps in the theory it seems to present.
~puzzled~ Which one? And what theory do you percieve i was presenting?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Every thought comes from the ability to imagine.
It's the ability to create.

And the theory of evolution has a difficult time explaining why man has an imagination and creates. After all, it is not an important trait for the basic survival of a species.. hence it puzzles evolutionists as to why man is this way.

I have not met a person yet who claims, or can verify they will not not die.
I have met\listened to plenty of people however, who imagine\theorize\beleive they will live forever.

Those people are in denial and perhaps a little disillusioned.

Considering i have spoken many words in my post, why have you singled out 'species' as the only one you regard as being tossed?

Because by using that word in the context in which you did; it is a definite indicator that you espouse the philosophy of the pseudo scientists whose main agenda is to convince society that there is no higher mind in the universe... And they do this despite the mounting evidence that there is such a mind. Although if you read and believe the popular sources who crank out their literature in mass to try and overwhelm the populace with their skewed facts, then that evidence does not exist.

Or why people believe in an afterlife and immortality...well apart from the fear of death of course.

Some cling to a hope of an afterlife out fear, that is true. Others have a deeper reason for doing so. But those steeped in the unbalanced facts cannot grasp that reason... no matter what you tell them.

That's right, as if...not verified, just theory so far.
But this does not stop people from imaging it is definately a god and they will even go so far as to define this god.

If you did the home work, you would understand the actual multitude of evidence that points to the universe being designed, rather than just happening by chance. The complexities in chemical make up and mathematics alone is beyond the scope of scientists to understand how random chance caused all this to be... And those who are the honest atheist scientists have stated this.

Under stand one concept; in order for evolution to work, it needs time.. and lots of it. Thus it is said that life crawled up the great mountain of improbable chance, inch by million year inch. Hence, if you take one million years, or more in some cases, for life to evolve to such a meager state... one little inch every million years... the number of years it would take for life to evolve in its many complex forms is a number that is older than the universe itself by billions and billions of years. And that my friend, is the statement made by honest scientists who do not even believe in a God..

It also stumps science that life seems to have sprang up on earth quickly, as soon as earth was able to support life. And the non-believing scientists have also said that they are not sure how that happened. AND... it could not happen unless some higher outside force took a hand in constructing life as we know it.

And that my friend, is why you need to look more deeply into evolution, spirituality and man's moral behavior.. Because these questions open up to deeper subjects that spiral into a whole host of scientific findings that dismantle the guys and gals who say that they have it all figured out and know how life came to be and all of the "solid" evolutionary facts.

The very fact you asked why about studying this subject shows that you do jot have a clear understanding of its findings and implications.

Yet the intelligently continue to explore to find out.

~puzzled~ Which one? And what theory do you percieve i was presenting?

See comments above in blue...