Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-10-2011, 07:23 PM
tonyjustwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
This is actually a wonderful question to ask yourself.

If 1,000 people answered this question for you, you would get 1,000 different perspectives about it. None of them would be helpful because the only answer you need to find is your own.

I hope this point of view is helpful.

John

I agree with this. In the end, others can only help guide you to where you may find the answer, but it is rare that they will even do that. Most times, they will help you follow the path they followed for their answer. Questions about yourself are like text books: you have all the pieces you need to answer the questions asked; you just have to piece it all together.
Old 14-10-2011, 06:05 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana Rose
there were no triggers at a young age so i'm not sure where it is coming from iolite.
and to silent whisperer it is both really that i'm afraid of, the physical sensations and the unknown of what really lies beyond even though i have faith in what lies beyond... quite confusing i know...

Yes I thought you might say this...I too had this fear..its like the fear of the transition of death...letting go entering the beyond....In many instances that space can connect to how people die, witnessing and taking in that space into our own perceptions of what death feels like, might be like...Death itself I suppose is quite simple, in that the body shuts down, the heart stops and the spirit leaves the body. Sometimes the focus on the lead up to death can be quite haunting to the actual death experience itself. When you see, hear, witness stories of others who perhaps had a traumatic time leading to their death it would feel like death is connected to that experience..but it is not..I have been shown what it feels like to have the heart stop when I thought I was going to die..I remember saying. Is that it..is that what it feels like..my heart went beat beat beat...stop..and their reply was..that is it...that is how it feels...having faith in the beyond can still activate that space of having some fear in the *not knowing of what is in that beyond" Perhaps sharing with others understanding of the other side...the light..might help you gain some confidence that it will be a good place to be...with that faith as well..
Old 14-10-2011, 08:23 AM
GGpeace

The best way to deal with any fear is through meditation. Lay down, close your eyes, and think to yourself "God is in me so all is well". Do this about 30 min a day for a month. You may find your fears to subside before that. It will be difficult in the beginning. The more you do it the more you will not just say this to yourself, but you will come to know this for a fact and feel completely ok with dying. The words arent even words anymore, just a thought. Youll understand once you do it. Persistancy, consistancy, and PATIENCE!
Old 14-10-2011, 08:30 AM
mattie

ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Oh I'm sure that helped her not to be afraid Theo... Nice job with the preaching.

I don't see that approach as useful either.
Old 14-10-2011, 08:38 AM
mattie

Organized Religion's View

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
... Aftere we die we will all face God's judgment and none of us has fully lived up to God's requirements. ...

'God's requirements'!!!! That 'none of us has fully lived up to God's requirements' is part of organized religion's constant drumbeat that we are inferior. We aren't.
Old 14-10-2011, 08:41 AM
mattie

You Can Move Past This Fear If You Want To

Can you identify what you are scared of? You note ‘to silent whisperer it is both really that i'm afraid of, the physical sensations and the unknown of what really lies beyond even though i have faith in what lies beyond... quite confusing i know...’

What is fear provoking about the potential ‘physical sensations’?

TRUST that no matter what happens here & when you die that you will handle it. We have a huge spiritual team that is available to help us at all stages of our journey. You can move past this fear. Many have. Many aren’t afraid of death even if they want to live a long life.

It is useful to examine our thoughts such as these w/ distanced self awareness, but after this, move them out as having served their purpose & no longer being desired or welcome. When fearful thoughts that you don’t want about this or anything else crop up, firmly stop them, gently reminding self that these haven’t done you much good in the past & aren’t likely to do so now. Appreciate that you’re not keen on how you feel when you have these thoughts. Resist any urge to beat up on your self for having fear about this.

Send these thoughts back to the Universe via HS for reprocessing. Give your self a BIG energetic hug for CHOOSING to halt a thought/emotion that you no longer care to have. Have patience w/ self about this, while KNOWing that others have dealt w/ these & SO CAN YOU.

Discharging Energetic Refuse That Arises As We Expand Our Consciousness- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...540#post189540
Old 14-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Yes I thought you might say this...I too had this fear..its like the fear of the transition of death...letting go entering the beyond....In many instances that space can connect to how people die, witnessing and taking in that space into our own perceptions of what death feels like, might be like...Death itself I suppose is quite simple, in that the body shuts down, the heart stops and the spirit leaves the body. Sometimes the focus on the lead up to death can be quite haunting to the actual death experience itself. When you see, hear, witness stories of others who perhaps had a traumatic time leading to their death it would feel like death is connected to that experience..but it is not..I have been shown what it feels like to have the heart stop when I thought I was going to die..I remember saying. Is that it..is that what it feels like..my heart went beat beat beat...stop..and their reply was..that is it...that is how it feels...having faith in the beyond can still activate that space of having some fear in the *not knowing of what is in that beyond" Perhaps sharing with others understanding of the other side...the light..might help you gain some confidence that it will be a good place to be...with that faith as well..

There is just one step that needs to be taken to begin that process of working with these fears and it involves a connection, using "pure intent", with a person's inner wisdom.

It is no so much a leap of faith as it is a dedication towards self love.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Oh I'm sure that helped her not to be afraid Theo... Nice job with the preaching.
If someone is afraid of something that is a real danger then removing the fear without removing the danger will make the person's condition worse. The way to help a person in that situation isn't to remove the feeling of fear but show him how to cope with the danger that inspires it. That is what I was trying to do.
Old 14-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
'God's requirements'!!!! That 'none of us has fully lived up to God's requirements' is part of organized religion's constant drumbeat that we are inferior. We aren't.

WHOOT~!

Old 15-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Suspended
Hey Morgana Rose,

Theres nothing illogical about it. Your fear is real - don't put yourself down for admitting you are scared. It's OK to be, and it's the strong ones who can admit it.

First ask yourself why you find death so frightening. Is it a fear of the unknown? Is it that you don't want to be in pain? That you fear being alone in those final moments?

Some people worry about not having chance to say goodbye. Is it your OWN death that frightens you...or being left behind?

Sometimes the fear comes from the memory of being born, believe it or not. The last time you took a journey into the unknown like this, you were coming into the world! We remember the pull to the light, even as we slide into darkness, and denser form.

The light and those who love you never really go away - but you perceive that they do, so being born feels like a huge separation. It feels like a loss.

Try to think of death as a movement from one stage to another. It's not a dead stop into lonely darkness. It's a moment of the unknown, through which you'll be surrounded by those who love you wait for you, followed by an opening as you return home.

Consciousness, awareness, they don't end when your body dies. You only move into another way of being.

Consider a dying flower! First it wilts, nodding towards the floor. Then its petals start to brown. They fall and as the decay sets in, the stem withers...it surrenders ever so gently into the Earth, to feed another. It offers no resistance because it doesn't fear - it sees the beauty of the change, and embraces it.

Approach your guides with this. Ask for their help in facing your fear and coming to terms with your death. When you have a better idea of why death frightens you, you can better aim to heal that. Ask for Archangel Azrael's help - he is capable of lifting away any fear you have, and showing you how to face death without being afraid.

Best wishes :)