Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Speedeh

The afterlife in the views of another

I've never been dead, so I can't tell, but I was talking with one of my clients at work the other day, who said she died on the table for 6-7 minutes before coming back to life.

I asked her what she felt, she said she went to a place she could only describe as 'heaven', she felt no fear, or other negative emotions, only pure relaxation and bliss, it was bright, like the pureist happiness you could feel, she's a very ill woman, I look after her animals for her as part of my job, but we've become friends too, she tells me she's no longer scared of death, only of how she dies.

After she told me this, I became much more interested in the afterlife, the true afterlife, not the afterlife that's in stories, but what people have experienced, do any of you know any other stories, you or someone you know has experienced?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Foodmuse

I was living in Hawaii at 18. I was scheduled to leave in 2 weeks and asked my friends to take to to the North Shore of the island. By the time we got there it was dusk, we had been out all day so I had my bathing suit under my clothes.
However, I was not considering as swimm at this time of day. I took off my flip-flops rolled up my jeans and was just walking along the beach, "alone", it was my moment to say good-bye and reflect on the "time" I had been here.
My friends stayed back, smoking home grown Hi stuff, as it were.
As I said, the sun was just dipping down into the waters, it is huge on the equator, feels like u can reach out and touch it. So when I senced more then saw a shaddow over my shoulder I had no time to react! No time to turn my head. I was smacked down and drug out.
At frist I felt the pain of being dragged across the shells, rocks and such. My thought was, " I guess this is it" "Goodbye Mother Earth" And I thought of my young daughter, whom I would not see grow up.
Then just as suddenly I felt someone tug under both my arms and begin walking me out of the ocean, I recall the feeling on the backs of my feet as they were the only thing touching sand and Earth. I telepathically heard some conversation between the two who were pulling me out. "One said, "will she make it?" The other responded, "Of course" rather amazed that the other would ask such a silly thing. Way are we doing this in other words.

Next I was dropped on my butt at such a force I puked up loads of sand and snorted out what was stuffed up my nose. By about this same time my friends where looking for me and having missed the main show found me like a drowned rat on a dark beach demanding to know why I went into the water?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:44 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedeh
I've never been dead, so I can't tell, but I was talking with one of my clients at work the other day, who said she died on the table for 6-7 minutes before coming back to life.

I asked her what she felt, she said she went to a place she could only describe as 'heaven', she felt no fear, or other negative emotions, only pure relaxation and bliss, it was bright, like the pureist happiness you could feel, she's a very ill woman, I look after her animals for her as part of my job, but we've become friends too, she tells me she's no longer scared of death, only of how she dies.

After she told me this, I became much more interested in the afterlife, the true afterlife, not the afterlife that's in stories, but what people have experienced, do any of you know any other stories, you or someone you know has experienced?

As a Modern Spiritualist the aspect of the so-called afterlife is a daily, nothing-special, aspect of my life as is 'speaking' about it to enquirers.

I don't know what you've heard or from where but there are many, many accounts over many decades of the modern past. A trawl through the many books, detailing either indivduals' accounts received through mediumship, or guidance from spiritually evolved souls in a similar manner, might give you a broader perspective.

There are those who will pooh-pooh accounts like that your client related to you. Strictly she hadn't died because physical death is irreversible. She's most likely to have been close-to-death - a Near Death Experience (NDE) - and isn't the first to relate such experience or to have been totally changed by what was experienced.

Where you go from here is up to you. I'm not here to sell Spiritualism but for me it gave me an understanding which I try to help others to understand too. But the whole subject can cover a lot of ground and others will wan to have their say.

I hope you'll enjoy the journey which you seem to be setting out on.
Old 14-04-2011, 12:58 AM
konrard

The state your client described to you is not death, friend, it is life and it is available to anyone at any time