Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 27-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Master
*consulting crystal ball of forum*

hi

I'm multitasking right now, and I find myself in this section on this forum instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing lol...

so I was thinking, that perhaps this post is meant to be

I got a lot of crystals and stones recently, I have a Lot now.. and I sleep with them usually and sometimes just hang out with them like I have one in my lap right now.. and I've researched a lot of them.. but I'm just a bit lost and perhaps overwhelmed

My life I feel is very damaged by me and my thoughts and not taking appropriate action.. I mean I've been trying to "heal" myself for the past 15 years or so since I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and ocd.
I'm sure there are other issues, like negativity and anger, but the anxiety is what bugs me the most.. (the depression is practically gone, tho I still do get sad I really enjoy life)
I also feel a lot of physical pain and think I usually just ignore it and assume that's how I'm supposed to feel..

I could go in great detail about what I think is sooo wrong with my life, but I guess that is sufficient lol.

I need more peace, and motivation and energy. I neglect many things and the smallest task seems insurmountable..
I need to take responsibility for my life but I feel so incapable despite my belief that I am very talented and blessed..

Most every crystal healing description I read speaks to me and I could use all of them lol.. but I don't think that's productive, so I basically just don't know where to begin. and what can I do when I narrow it down? should I just sit or lay with the crystal(s) and try meditating or something? I don't feel capable of meditating, but essentially meditation is just being still right?

I know that no one person has all the answers, but I guess since I was incited to post here right now that maybe whoever posts in here is meant to and will say just what I need to hear..

if you read all this thank you lol.. I just got all these crystals and most of them are sitting in a box.. I tried to charge them in the moonlight of the second blue moon a couple months ago and then I never washed them or whatever after.. except the random ones I have out..

ok anyways!

so maybe I should put a list of the stones I have available
if there happen to be any questions or clarity needed I can answer more

Here are the crystals and stones I have (I also have little chips so have a lot more variety and many I haven't identified)

snowflake obsidian
rose quartz
clear quartz
pink lemurian crystal
sunstone
red jasper
amethyst
sodalite
lapis lazuli
green calcite
blue calcite
labradorite
fluorite in a variety of colors tho I think most are chips except clear
moonstone (I think but am not sure)
hematite
chalcopyrite
tiger's eye
I think sugilite
maybe watermelon tourmaline
I think I have moss or tree agate and leopard agate? but I don't know

then there are some that I don't know what they are, random brown patchy, white with subtle grey veins, a greyish milky one, matte brickish red, layered browns, multicolored layers and splotchy ones, a peach one, and more random ones lol.. also some strands of beads with one is coral pink with a little bit of clearness amidst colored veins, and the other is a light olive green... well I guess that is more than enough description lol..

ok I swear I am done now, thank you for taking the time to read my thread
Old 27-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Master
Hi Sapphirez

Firstly, when it comes to using crystals, I have found that it's the ones I am drawn to that are the ones I need in my life at that moment. Different people have different ideas about how they work, I'm not going to say that anyone is right or wrong. But I'm going to tell you how I think they work.

I think that crystals act as amplifiers to our own energy. So when people hold a crystal in their hand and feel it move or buzz or hear it hum, what they are doing is being witness to their own energy moving through the crystal and being magnified. I feel this is why people may feel a crystal strongly for awhile and then suddenly feel nothing... or the opposite. It becomes 'silent' when we no longer need to work at that particular 'frequency'. So if you want to know which crystals are the best for you to work with at this exact time, try laying them out on a table in front of you... and hover your hand over them. The one(s) that you can feel are the ones that you should go with and put the others aside for now. Notice if you're drawn towards specific colours or shapes even, rough or tumbled... these will all give you clues as to where you should be looking.

I select tarot cards in this manner and it has worked well for me for a long time now.

Perhaps this will help you, perhaps someone else will have something to say that works for you more. It's all good

Old 27-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Likes2Read

One thing that is important to remember is that anxiety, depression, and OCD are all *medical* situations, and as such, the best thing you can do is be sure that you are working in conjunction with a doctor at the same time that you are working on the spiritual side of things.

I've found that the most constructive approach can be a multi-pronged one. So talking to a doctor to find out what herbs and/or medicines would be beneficial, as well as engaging in cognitive therapy that is designed to make sure that you are engaging in constructive thought patterns (and not saying and thinking things that are hurtful to your spirit), plus working on the spiritual and metaphysical side, are all solutions that are not mutually exclusive. Moreover, I've had more success from combining more than one of these answers at the same time than I ever had when I was focusing on just one path exclusively.

The stones can lend us energies that can help us make progress. However, the progress is going to happen as a result of our efforts, not by way of the stone (or other tools) alone.
Old 27-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Master
thank you Kaere, I actually began hoping that nobody would tell me a specific crystal to use.. this is perfect advice that you gave.
I borrowed a book from my school library today that is a giant book lol and it has all sorts of healing modalities and I was reading the chapter on crystals and it said a lot of what you did about it being a personal process..
I guess I was just overwhelmed cuz they all seem like they could help me..

hi Likes2Read, I disagree with your disclaimer because for one, I find spiritual healing is more effective but for two a medical doctor is likely to think the solution to your problem is a prescription, which I think is usually detrimental and not helpful. I was in care of mental health professionals for nearly a decade and on antidepressants most of that time. finally getting off of them was one of the greatest things I've been able to accomplish. I just started seeing a therapist again but that's the extent of my "medical care"
now maybe you have a naturopath in mind, if so forgive my assumption. I don't have the means to hire a naturopath. I have studied a lot of things they could counsel me with tho.
I have knowledge about vitamins and supplements and food properties, etc. and have embarked upon other avenues of healing as well
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Master

Hi Sapphirez, I would echo Kaere - go with what you sense you want or ask to be guided to the crystals that you really need. Don't overthink the choice. There are safe bets - rose quartz in my mind is always an easy and gentle and beautiful option but otherwise, be gentle on the choice.

I'm currently given my crystals a well earned rest, I have them in a room which i have called my sanctuary and they get a lot of natural light - from the sun and the moon. I bathe them in candle light and incense from time to time. You will, of course, know what you feel comfortable doing for your own - they are just ideas that I feel is right for me. I'm very much a creature of instinct when it comes to my crystals.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Master
hehe I had just washed like 5 or so stones that day so I selected one from there, and I selected rose quartz tho my little lot consisted of 2 rose quartzes.. but I could have taken out any new stones from my box and washed those too but didn't...

I really don't think I'm good at noticing these sorts of things, but I sort of felt like the rose quartz felt a strong certain way... I was holding it while trying to go to bed after being on the computer with it around for a lil while... but I ended up staying up in bed for hours.. and well I had reallllly wanted to get 8 hours of sleep cuz I had an art presentation that was probably one of if not the most dreaded things I've had to do in the last 2 years... but I only got like 4 hours of sleep, and I brought the rose quartz with me in my pocket and my art presentation went ok
I dropped it on the kitchen floor at some point, it looked kind of fractured but I hope she's ok.... now I don't know where I placed her..................
I'm wearing a bracelet right now that someone made for me that has 5 jade stones on it..

I've been wanting to get into something more ritualistic, like with candles tho I don't really have candles I'd use for this right now.. also I've never used sage but thought maybe I should smudge something lol.. I do have some incense sticks tho.. I have one by a brand called Triloka that says it's for your heart chakra, and last night I took a lil quiz about chakras and it said my root and heart chakra were the most debilitated which I definitely could concur with...

I never really did rituals before, I guess except when I was a teenager pretending to be wicca with my sister lol..

I've been wanting something more tho, different experiences to heal and enlighten myself.. and I've wanted to meditate but felt the time isn't right cuz my mind races too much as of yet...
I don't really have money but some sort of candle isn't really expensive.. I would probably try doing whatever in my room on my bed, but my room is messy.. I really don't like the living room tho (I'm in a long room that's like a living room and dining room and hallway all in one) it seems so inhospitable to me.. and the walls are dark red which probably isn't conducive to relaxation and introspection...
well I'm rambling lol..

that is cool you have a room for your crystals and so much light enters it

My house is really dusty so I don't want to have my crystals out, but I don't think the cardboard box they're in is the best home for them either.. but well I got a lot of them, especially little tiny chips of fluorite, snowflake obsidian and then a little mix bag of chips with who knows what sort of variety.. I was thinking the chips would be good for a ritual or something too.. but, see I have all these stones, and after I bathed them in blue moonlight last I never cleansed them with water or anything.. and if/when I do that, then I feel like I should dedicate or program them all.. and it seems like a consuming process.... I guess especially with the chips I could hold a handful of them and program them all at the same time?
I know I'm not gonna use all the stones I have at once, but I feel like they're kind of lost and purposeless without my having connected to them each on an individual basis...

thank you for posting
Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Master

Just picking up on the meditation issue, it's a nightmare in my book but what I try to do is 1min and reciting a mantr, or a belief, or an affirmation - so a minute of "I have a loving relationship with myself and others" which is one of my favourite mantras. But, that gives the monkey mind a minute to have a break from itslf without the need for sitting still without thought.