Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Suspended
Guide

Are people predestined to die at a certain time?

Last month, I smelled cologne while I was driving in my car. It made me think of an old friend, then I thought he was not dead so why do I smell cologne like his. I heard sometimes spirits make their presence known by scent. The other day, I found out this friend committed suicide a few months ago.

Years ago, a medium described his unique house and asked who he was. She advised me not to leave our friendship because he was very depressed. Years later, he sent me a Christmas card stating that he could not handle friends or just needed time alone. It was not a positive message one expects to read in a Christmas card. We kept in touch for some time after that, but we parted ways when he kept blaming his depression on me. I told him that I was not responsible for his depression, and we have not talked since. If we talked again, I was going to leave it up to him to contact me. Since he has not contacted me for some time, I assumed he was happy with a new girlfriend or something.

If we parted ways when the medium advised me not to, I wonder if he would have committed suicide years ago or if knowing me prolonged his life. I wonder if he would have recently committed suicide if we kept in touch. Do you think he was predestined to die this year whether or not we kept in touch? I feel that maybe this tragedy could have prevented if we kept in touch...like the medium advised once before. Since so much time has passed, I did not think the advice still applied.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Administrator
You are not responsible for your friends passing.when people are depressed they find it very hard to see the light.they always look to someone a lot of the time its a cry for help.your friend was just paying you a visit letting you know hes ok.he doesnt blame you his mind was clouded by grief when he was here.hes ok now and he looks over you.

Namaste
Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Suspended
Guide

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid to contact him because I was not sure if he wanted to hear from me.

Does a certain amount of time need to pass before a medium can contact a spirit on the other side? If he knew he was going to die since suicide is premeditated, it seems like he would have sent me a message or final word before he died. Because he did not, I do not know if he would even have a message for a medium to give me.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Experiencer

From what I've studied, mostly books I'm of the belief, strong belief that our birth date and death date are written, and in between is free will, but we can't change our pre-destined day of leaving this plane.

I wish this wasn't the case, because I've had precognition of my own death, I feel like my time is nearing an end. I wish I could have longer, but It appears I'm not meant to be a long life for me on this plane.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Suspended
Guide

But, is suicide predestined?

Sorry about your precognition. Was it a dream or a feeling?
Old 08-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Chalk1990

We have a predestined time of death, although when you choose to end your own life, unfinished business carries over into the next life, and sometimes more burdens are added on top of it as a karmic debt.

There are many NDE accounts where people have committed suicide, and were shown the results in a life review, and decided to come back. When we experience death before are scheduled departure, we can decide to go into the light, or come back, and finish our life.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:50 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
If we parted ways when the medium advised me not to, I wonder if he would have committed suicide years ago or if knowing me prolonged his life. I wonder if he would have recently committed suicide if we kept in touch. Do you think he was predestined to die this year whether or not we kept in touch? I feel that maybe this tragedy could have prevented if we kept in touch...like the medium advised once before. Since so much time has passed, I did not think the advice still applied.

The answer to your question is "YES" ...
The questions you ask are common when coping w/a death ...
People have a tendency to either blame themself or think they are in some way responsible ...
I did, said, thought all those things when my late husband was killed by a road rage driver ...
Death is not easily accepted when it is a reality ...
Many talk about how they're going to handle such a loss w/grace, dignity, blah, blah, blah ...
But when it comes down to the real deal they're overcome w/grief or issues they have little or no experience with ...
Then its a problem ...
Rest assured, you are not responsible in any way for his suicide ...
When he blamed you he was already set in a mindtrap he could not get himself out of ...
No one has the supreme power to release a person from their own hell ...
Death leaves others w/a feeling they could have, should have, would have done more if possible - a suicide compounds grief ...
The thing to remember is you were not chosen to be a part of the remainder of this life ...
We are powerless over death including our own ...
Take solace in knowing he will have another chance at life ...
Yours is to be lived ...
Take care ...

Last edited by livingkarma : 08-11-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Pathfinder
Hi Twinkle, I am really sorry to hear about your friend x

It had nothing to do with you though, if he was going to end his own life it would happen whether you where their or not it was his mindset, blaming you was slight unfair on his part in my opinion, please dont burden yourself with thinking you should of doing something different, he ended the contact and you respected his wishes. xxx
Old 08-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Master

I concur that we are all equipped with an expiration date. And until that day our guides work day and night to keep us alive. Then on that day or time they step back and let whatever happen that kills us. But the fact that the guides do have to work for our survival leads to the obvious following thought, that we CAN die before the expiration date. Even much, much earlier. So if something bad happens and you have to choose between life and death,that IS your decision. If you want to live then you decide that and amazing things might happen.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
But, is suicide predestined?

Sorry about your precognition. Was it a dream or a feeling?

Good question, don't think I could answer that.

It was Intuition/Intense feeling, ''Knowing'' even.

I've heard of many other cases, where a person senses their own passing.

I was a huge Health freak before I received the precognition, but now I know it is pointless because I haven't got long.