Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 12-05-2019, 10:53 PM
Master
An altar under construction for Morrigan

Hi,

I thought I'd share a bit of my journey with Morrigan.

For several months I had a much stronger calling from Morrigan (aka The Morrigan) compared to when I was a kid. Looking back at that time, She had been reaching out to me but I wasn't able to respond due to ignorance about various pagan paths and being involved with Christianity.

Now that I'm able to begin a relationship with Her, I felt guided to build an altar for Her. The purpose of the altar is to meditate in front of it. In Druidry, altars aren't used as much as they are in Wicca so I looked at a lot of wonderful altars made by Wiccans to gain inspiration from them. I got a bunch of ideas for the altar which came to me at about 1am one night. I suspect She had given me such inspiration.

The market doesn't have much of what She wants for an altar so I have to craft some special items. So far, I have these for a beginning which I collected under Morrigan's guidance.

The brown bear will stay as is because Morrigan wants it to represent Her. The bear symbolizes earth energy.

The purple candles symbolize psychic development and the blue candles symbolize spiritual development which I suppose Morrigan will help me with those.

The glass bottles will be spray painted black and be used for moon water and moon salt. I have yet to find decent crow feathers to craft a consecration tool. The salt symbolizes land, the water is for the sea and the feathers are the sky.

The plate will be spray painted black then decorated. I hope I can draw the Celtic cross (the even armed one) well.

That's it for now.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 14-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Master
Yesterday, I took the plate and a can of spray paint outside. Soon as I got the first coat started, I noticed I had the wrong colour. I accidentally bought brown spray paint instead of black. It's not a big deal but I have to buy more spray paint so this little project is on hold for now.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 15-05-2019, 06:31 AM
Master
Very beautiful Chrysalis. I currently don't have much space for an altar. All I have is a table bed in the corner of a camper at the moment with a small nightstand next to it. I currently use a mirrored tray on the nightstand as a space to place offerings to deity.
Old 15-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Master
Thank you SaturninePluto.

I find that any flat surface can be used for altars no matter how small it is. I read that some people make mobile altars that fit inside altoid tins or small boxes. The idea there is that a portable altar easily fits inside a backpack, a suitcase, etc. so it won't take up too much space.

In my case, I have a folding table and the only colour it came in is red. One item I do want to get is black cloth which means I have to sew. Since I don't know how to sew it'll be a learning experience. I can either look at youtube videos or go into town to a quilting store for sewing lessons.

Old 15-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Knower
I kinda like the plate as is, with all the pretty flowers. :) But you must do what you feel is necessary. In general, I really like the idea of using a plate for an altar.
Old 15-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Master
I did a quick google search and the plate is called a pentacle plate. I suppose the terminology would be from Wicca. From what I understand, the plate is placed on the altar and is used to consecrate other altar tools.

Since my path is Druidry, I plan on drawing an even arm Celtic Cross instead of a pentacle.

The flat surface I'm using for the actual altar is a folding table.

Old 17-05-2019, 02:25 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I did a quick google search and the plate is called a pentacle plate. I suppose the terminology would be from Wicca. From what I understand, the plate is placed on the altar and is used to consecrate other altar tools.

Since my path is Druidry, I plan on drawing an even arm Celtic Cross instead of a pentacle.

The flat surface I'm using for the actual altar is a folding table.

Ah okay. Regardless, it seems nice so far. :) You take nice photos. I really like the little bear!
Old 17-05-2019, 05:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
Ah okay. Regardless, it seems nice so far. :) You take nice photos. I really like the little bear!

Thank you!

Old 25-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Lepus

Hello

I like your altar.

My goal in life is to build a temple. I was inspired by someone on Youtube who had her temple built from scratch. I think she bought a piece of land or reserved it. She drew a huge pentagram on the ground before construction. The construction team built her sacred place within the pentagram. I'd imagine the pentagram was used for protection from malicious magick by other witches. After complete construction of her sacred temple she started to set up her altars. She now has more room to conduct her rituals and perform spells than her previous temple. And her three deities: Lucifer, Belial and Hecate now have their own place within her temple. Her old temple was much smaller and she only worked with Hecate. Later along the path, she started to connect with Belial and then Lucifer.

I'd also want to have a sacred place from outdoors. A place where no one would set foot in. I have yet to find the place. I've seen several spots near running water but people who walk or go hiking could be seen. And I want a place away from society. I'd seen some isolated spots but it's pretty far away from home. Maybe when I move from this home I might be lucky to find such a place. But for now my backyard should suffice.

I always thought of separating my mundane life with my spiritual life by having my home to be a place for living in mundane and my temple a place for connecting with my spirituality.

How do you make moon water and moon salt? Do you leave it outside during a full moon? And what do you use it for?

Lepus
Old 25-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Master
I like all the symbols Chrysalis. Well thought out.

@Lepus; I think it's just fantastic you want to build a temple! What will it look like if you just imagine your ideal temple..? If I ever have the space I'd love to build a hidden grove with a shrine!!
I have not made moon water but it sounds like an interesting ritual; http://dropsofyoga.com/blog/how-to-make-moon-water/