Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-11-2013, 02:17 AM
exp_11

Negative Days

I hope this is the correct place to post this...

Anyway, as I progress further on my path of spirituality and I become more and more connected to myself and to spirit, I notice that my good days are amazing and my bad days are very bad...

My biggest question, is how do you all deal with bad/negative days?

For more clarification:

Today started off well. I woke up, went to the gym, did some laundry, did some homework, and went to class. So far so good, positive energy all around. Then I came back home, and my roommate was in a very negative mood. Being rather empathetic, this mood transferred to me, and I did my best to keep my energy to myself and not allow myself to absorb any negative energy.

This worked for a while, and then I meditated on my upper chakras in an attempt to raise my vibrations above the negative ones that I was experiencing. Shortly after this, I received text messages from two people that I absolutely did not want to talk to. One of which being an ex-girlfriend who was a big part in a low point of my life. I tried my best to respond with compassion and acceptance, being that a huge goal for myself right now is to offer positive energy to those in my life, regardless of how they have treated me in the past.

Then I got a parking ticket :/

Anyway,
these are all small small things that had a large impact on me emotionally. I understand that things from the past sometimes need to be brought up and dealt with. I guess I'm just new to all this and would like some insight on how all of you cope with negative feelings and everything!

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Master

Hi

I can only speak for myself, but yes the bad days were very bad and I actually believe that raising the vibrations (whatever that means) is not the best thing to do - far better to collapse in the arms of mother earth and ditch the difficult energy there to be processed and to absorb the goodness that mother earth has to offer.

Separately, negative emotions are a fact of life and to be accepted not denied. It's ok to have a rubbish day - it doesn't mean you are less spiritual.

Empathic stuff is a different issue altogether. I went through a time in my life where I would have to sift through all my emotions and chuck out those that weren't mine.

As to those who have treated you wrong, don't be too hard on yourself by giving positive energy. For starters, they haven't necessarily asked for it. I would look to sever any cords that may exist between you and ensure that neither of you are in each other's circle of power. I had an experience with someone who really was vile to me - and I spent ages and ages and ages with the kind, compassionate route - which is important of course rather than revenge. But that did feed an ego of mine - that I was the better person. It was only when the spiritual connections were severed that I felt the ability to move on. And, I believe I set him free as well which was the absolute kindest thing to do. I suspect the fact that I breathed caused him angst before the cords were cut, however much "kindness" I poured into the situation. Kindness was actually adding fuel to the fire - just keeping energies flowing.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:47 PM
exp_11

Thank you for your response, that all makes a lot of sense to me. I have tried to cut the spiritual cords in the past, but perhaps I did not do it effectively. Do you have any suggestions in that regard or any techniques that you like to use?
Old 13-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Tera's_Party

I have had this happen over and over again until I figured out some of the problems that would cause me to crash. I think when you raise your vibration too quickly, you also create more resistance. For one thing you may not be used to sustaining that level of energy for long periods of time and also the world around you hasn't had time to match with your new vibration. Another problem is that when people raise their vibration really high SUDDENLY for the first several times they notice the sharp contrast to their old lives and smash. They suddenly see that their friends, family, job and other living conditions don't match their new state of mind. Not saying that's you but that can also cause more problems. So at first starting out you might rise to a really high level but then if you crash it's going to hurt even more.
One thing I would try is not rushing it. Build up to it slower, and work on sustaining it longer. You know how deep sea divers have to slowly acclimate to the changes in pressure. Build up to it little by little but when you get to those higher levels OWN it. Act like no big deal cause it's normal for you and let your world adjust to you accordingly. What often happens is all those negative connections will fade or match your state of mind, but if you try to fix your life all at once you might make a mess of it. Hope that makes sense.
Old 13-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its about finding that place of balance. The bad is often a message of a lesson that one is getting. Try to find the positives in things that we see as bad. That parking ticket see it in a different light that its energy in that the giving of that ticket meant that someone had a job to give them the income that they need to survive. That ye made the error but in a way it was a giving to someone else in a positive way.

When ye get mad or upset at a bill often we attract more of the same to us. As we might well park again and in the back of our minds think OK I will push the envelope this time and see if I can get away with over staying the welcome of being able to park.

Taking things slower in smaller steps as we too often want it "all now" when we are not ready for that much of a door to open. We often put too much spiritual activities into one day. We need to find that balance in all things in life.

Lynn
Old 13-11-2013, 01:40 AM
Tera's_Party

As far as other people go, it helps to remind yourself that everything will work out for them. I know this can be hard when you are an empathetic person. The downside to that is sometimes it teaches people to rely on you emotionally when they have the same ability to raise their energy like you.

I have learned to back off and let people go through whatever they need to. This takes time and effort but worth it. If you can get used to that often you'll notice your own energy will cause other people to adjust.
Old 14-11-2013, 02:07 AM
exp_11

Thank you for the responses everyone, they were all very helpful and insightful.

Tera's Party,
What you said makes a lot of sense to me. I think you're correct about raising my vibrations too quickly, as it has been a rather prominent and accelerating change in my life. I will also have to try and back off on some empathetic qualities toward certain people...

Lynn,
I agree that balance is very important, and I need to be more careful to observe this in everyday life. Just to clarify though, I included the detail of the parking ticket as a bit of a joke to show "the icing on the cake" to a bad day, but I also didn't think about it in the way that you described, so thank you for that!
Old 27-11-2013, 03:14 AM
Knower
This is very true.......

This happens alot.... my good days ! Great! ... but, the bad moments seem terrible. I agree with Lynn. You must see lesson. And you must be able to pull a positive when negative strikes. Took me a while to learn technique. Skill of grace.be that!