Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 15-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Pathfinder

What are some ways things come back times 3?

Hi! I’m just now beginning my journey in Wicca and I have some questions about the 3 folds law. I have another question like this but this is just specifically for the 3 folds law. I must be misunderstanding something, so if I cast a good or bad spell it will come back three times and it what way? If I cast a spell to help a sick person will the energy manifest itself to help me in teturn? Or possibly not because messing with someone without their knowledge is bad. So if I get sick or something then the universe will assist me in getting better or would it assist me positively in another way? Does anyone have any personal experience with this and can give me some examples?

Thanks! :)
Old 17-02-2019, 05:29 AM
Master

The threefold law, as mostly understood today is a misrepresentation of what it originally was. In Gerald Gardner's book (Gerald Gardner is the founder of Wicca, as I'm sure you aware of) High Magic's Aid he explains that when a witch receives help or a favour from someone then the witch must return the favour three times. At no time did Gardner proclaim that whatever spell you do will return to you threefold, tenfold or whatever.

You'll see and hear people telling you never to curse anyone because it will come back to you and you will pay for it heavily; but if you know how to cleanse yourself immediately after execration work then this won't happen. You do, though, have to pay for all spells, whether that is by an offering to the spirits who helped you, or if you did a working to get a better job then you're going to have to pay by working harder and longer, for instance, etc. etc.

There is no three-fold law, never has been. If you click on this site it will explain it:

https://gardnerians.wordpress.com/20...d-law-in-wicca

That doesn't mean, though, that if you are constantly negative and angry that you won't attract more negativity - because that's how your being is vibrating and it will attract those vibrations and energies.
Old 18-02-2019, 03:28 PM
Lepus

Hello

There's even authors who would amplify the threefold law to sevenfold or even tenfold when sending out baneful or innocuous magick to its intended target. This could be signs of previous conditioning or programming from organized religion. Now they are bringing with them that old ingrained thinking to this path to change what Wicca used to be. Many aren't aware that Wicca is an offshoot of traditional witchcraft wrapped in ceremony and pseudoreligion. It's not necesseraily a religion if you know the history behind it. Even though it's composed as one. But you'll find out that this was already being practiced by cunning folks around the 15th century to the early 20th. Gerald simply formed a 'religion' composed of what cunning folk practiced with ceremonies and rituals written by Aleister Crowley.

Anyways, the threefold law was taken out of context from High Magic's Aid written by Gerald Gardner. We don't get punished or rewarded by the Universe for sending out a spell. We are the agent of a threefold response. If you were to curse someone and that someone finds out, then whatever you receive from that person is your punishment for sending out a poorly crafted spell. Same for the opposite, the witch is bound to return the favor threefold if that witch received anything positive.

I believe I've given you a list of books to read for beginners. I would recommend reading A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook by Janet & Stewart Farrar. It's a good book for those who want to join a traditional coven or is trying to learn about the various traditions of Wicca. However if you want to walk the solitary path then I'd recommend these: Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin. Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham. Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham. Elements of Ritual: Air, Fire, Water & Earth in the Wiccan Circle by Deborah Lipp.

I've read the four books when I started.

Lepus
Old 18-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Lepus

Hello

I'd like to rephrase on A Witches' Bible having different traditions. The book is mostly Alexandrian which is similar to Gardnerian Wicca. It's still a good book for beginners.

Lepus