Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2007, 08:36 AM
OceanWaves19161

Twin flame v's soul mate

Okay just something I've been mulling over. I had a dream of me being in another world with a guy that I was head over heals for..it felt right and he was the one. I have a strong feeling that this guy will be my husband in this life and my spirit guides said he probably is. My spirit guides say the person I marry in this life is not my twin flame. This bring me to the question if someone can feel very right and you learn lessons from that person and that person can still know who you are deep inside then what makes that person any different from your twin flame? Any thoughts anyone?
Old 26-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Pounamu

Hello OceanWaves,

I've posted this explanation somewhere else, but I'm not sure where. As far as I understand it, Twin Flames are humans whose souls are derived from the one Soul-Source as male and female polarities of the one high Spiritual being. Hence they are very in tune with each other, and their extreme harmony enables them to accomplish wonderful services if they embody together. However, physical embodiment in this world full of illusions, manipulations and traps is a considerable spiritual risk of entanglement in karma, so its fairly rare for Twin Flames to embody together, as a "fall" would mean "double trouble" (or worse!) . More often, one of the pair embodies, and the other acts as a close guide from the non-physical.

Soulmates, on the other hand, are members of the same "soul-group" - souls who have embodied together in the same locality and time or have had many embodied relationships in the past, and have got to know and be able to "play well" together. These are also often very harmonious; but also may have karma together that has to be resolved. They may embody together in order to grow, to do a specific service, or to work out a karmic problem that is unresolved; so life for them can be sweet or not so sweet...

In both cases, these people can instantly recognise each other when they meet on the physical; and this is often helped by their meeting in dream state for some months or years before that (which they may or may not remember physically).

Hope this answers your question.
Pounamu
Old 26-01-2007, 07:56 AM
OceanWaves19161

Thankyou for your answer its made me understand the difference between each and made me realise why you can meet a stranger and feel like you've know that person for ever. Just to clarify though, you mean soul mates whether they are friends, lovers or whatever are almost the same thing as your twin flame but your twin flame usually only comes into your life when you need to fullfill something big and you can only do it with your other half?. Does this also mean your twin flame would be a spirit guide while your living on the earth plane? or would he/she also be on the earth plane at the same time as you but never meet you during your lifetime?. You've got me all curious about this stuff now!. Sorry if your sick of me:P
Old 27-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Pounamu

Dear OceanWaves,
I don't get sick of people easily, so you need not worry about that - I enjoy explaining things to people!

The basic difference between Twin Flames and Soulmates, as I understand it, is the fundamental difference in soul origin. Twin Flames are derived from the same Source, as male & female aspects of the one Being. Soulmates, on the other hand, are different individual Beings; they may have had all of the different relationships - family, friends, business partners, etc. - that humans have, with other members of their soul-group. Each of these souls may have their own twins, but not be associated with them in this part of the universe. They are, so to speak, "on their own", except that they have chosen to associate with a group of other souls and have tended to embody together with them down the ages, so they have got to know each other and have a deep regard and rapport for each other as a consequence.

It does mean, as you say, that your Twin Flame may, if there is sufficient reason, either embody concurrently with yourself and come together with you, or may be an active guide to you while remaining in the non-physical him / herself. However, it is rare to have both embodied together (I believe).
Old 30-01-2007, 08:33 PM
~Jay~

This topic fascinates me.

I have recently been told...by my guide in a conversation, and through visions during meditation, that I have a "main" soulmate. He is the one who has incarnated with me the most throughout 'time', as my significant other/spouse for the most part, lol.

Would this "main" soul-mate be classed as my soul-twin, then, I wonder? The only difference being that we have incarnated together, rather than being in separate parts of the universe. Or maybe he's just the closest soul from my soul group - the one I feel most affinity for?
Old 30-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Silky

During a recent reading with an (excellent) Medium, a friend was told that he'd rightly married his soul mate rather than someone from his soul group, a mistake that (according to this Medium) many people make. This surprised my friend as his relationship with his wife is difficult and he has a far closer connection and much easier relationship to a previous love, someone who is allegedly just part of his soul group.

I understand the description of twin flames but does anyone know or understand the difference between soul groups and soul mates?

Silky x
Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Pounamu

Jaycee -
I test that your "significant Other" in this life is your 'main' Soul-Mate, not your Twin Flame. Do you feel this information rings true for you now? Please excuse me if it does not... it can be hazardous making pronouncements on these things!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Pounamu

Silky, study again my post above about the differences between Twins & Soul-mates, and you will see that soul-mates are part of one's soul-group. (In my understanding of it).
Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Silky

Hi Pounamu,
What I couldn't understand was the Medium's statement about marrying a soulmate as opposed to someone from the soul-group, I would have thought you'd have a very significant connection with everyone in your soul-group, perhaps there's a "hierarchy" within this?
Silky x
Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Pounamu

Silky -
I had to go into the details of this more thoroughly.... my understanding at the moment through pendulum research of the subject is, that you are right - there is a "most significant other" in one's soul-group with whom one has had the most incarnations; thus there is likely to be more harmonious relations with that one than the others of the soul-group.

One would have to check with the medium in question to confirm that that was their understanding also. Since I am not claivoyant, its not easy for me to determine these things by direct experience... but pendulum researching is, I feel, a valid other option. We can but do what we can do!
Closed Thread