Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 30-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Seeker

running increases determination and willpower.
Old 15-10-2015, 09:42 AM
goodlife

Totally agree. I started doing some exercise after a long time and my life changed already a lot. Our bodies need exercise. I started slowly as I had issues with my heart. I walked around for a few weeks at a slow pace, but now I am running in the gym over 3km and do some weight lifting. Exercise can truly change your life!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Running is an excellent full body exercise which can benefit your cardiovascular system and improved brain and eye health if done properly with good form. It can also help you lose weight and improve body composition. Running can improve bone density making your bones stronger as you age.

I started running to improve my bone strength, and then I steadily improved and now I just finished my second marathon. Besides all of the health benefits, once you become a runner it gives you something to hold on to. I can lose everything, but I will still have this one beautiful thing. (Unless I lose my legs or something)
Old 12-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Master
I absolutely love trail running. I prefer to go in the mornings. I prefer more solitude places to run and if I go to any of the nearby parks, I go early in the morning to avoid people, but I have a great place hardly anyone goes to or nature lovers. Not only for the exercise itself but it's so rejuvenating to be out on the trails surrounded by trees, meadows, birds, ducks, geese, deer, fox, frogs...etc...
Old 13-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Currently I've been running on my elliptical using enough resistance to feel the burn...I haven't progressed to running on earthly terrain, but I've noticed I have a lot more stamina when walking outside and I don't get winded when walking up hills anymore...Naturally, I've lost quite a bit of weight (25 lbs since last November and I'm still going...) and due to the weight loss I've noticed an improvement in my knees...My knees don't ache nearly as much as they use too and I don't have any more problems when I'm bending at the knees...I'm guessing it was due to the extra weight I've been slogging around, Haha! ;P

So yeah, if a person is able to run, it is a really great full bodied workout to get into...
Old 19-05-2016, 03:54 AM
Knower
I'd actually just posted this on my Your Space page and decided to copy and paste it here rather than typing it out here.

In December 2014 my A1C was 7.2 and the doctor wanted to put me on a second medication to treat my diabetes. I'd already been on Metformin since August 2008. This second medication has been strongly linked with causing liver problems, even failure.

Something in me snapped. I'd had enough. That winter was brutally cold and it seemed to snow every week so I got plenty of cardio. But as March rolled around the temperature finally rose to 40 and I went out every day, walking. I walked two miles, then three. Walking led to running. I ran my first mile. I ran two miles, three, four. My weight started falling off. I lost 35 lbs last year. My fasting sugar dropped from averaging 120 down to averaging in the 70's and 80's. April 22nd, the day after my birthday, I stopped taking Metformin all together. I monitored my fasting sugar daily. I still do. In June my A1C was 5.8, which is considered normal. In October it was 5.5. To this day I'm off all medication and my fasting sugar is still good. I seem to have slacked off a bit in my running. I need to get back to it. But my diabetes is still under control so I'm happy. I just wanted to share that.

So I can testify that running can work wonders for your health. Taking up running was one of the smartest things I ever did.
Old 19-05-2016, 04:51 AM
Suspended

NYBrit - That's awesome! I know of several people who were able to transition off their medications by implementing healthier lifestyle choices where now they are completely medication free...
Old 15-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kureigu
They are truly amazing, In january 2010 i couldnt run a mile, now i can run 9/10 miles without stopping, av done really well for myself, wish there was more and more people running and doing something about there health rather than sitting in pubs allday getiing tipsy.

Edited by SF Staff

Yea running is great. Cleans out your body and your circulation, gets all the bad out of your body. Makes you feel great and gives you a nice endorphine rush afterwards
Old 05-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Experiencer

I like running and do it in the morning. It really helps to wake up.
Old 29-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Master

Does anyone here struggle with reay tight calf muscles and shin splints?

It doesn't seem to matter how much or little I run every I have a constant issue with it.

I walk most days a week and streatch and massage my calves after walking which does help but there is still an issue.

I enjoy running and am fit enough now where brisk walking can sometimes get a little boring... I want to be able to run too 😠