Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-11-2017, 01:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Angel1 Any candle spells to help me identify my purpose?

Hello I was trying to see if there was a section for candle spells or something but I did not! I want something done. I am also serious so I am not making fun of anybody.
I wanted know if there is a candle spell that I can do or herbs that I can carry with me to help me to know what my purpose is and to help me identify my talents and then focus on that.

Thank You so much! :)
Old 23-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Pathfinder
You can find all sorts of spells in the Wicca and Paganism sections. I didn't find anything on candles though. But you can find those sort of things through a quick google search :).

However, my personal advice is simply not to bother with this kind of spell. You don't have a clear cut purpose in life, the purpose you have is what you want it to be and it can and will change throughout your life. As for your talents, you have to try everything first before you figure out what you're good at and what you like.

I'm sure there's a part which already knows what you're good at, but you're probably rejecting it. Perhaps you think it's something not worth doing, like cleaning or painting walls, even though society needs people who can do that well. Or you think it's too hard; for example, you're not bad at math if you study hard, but you're lousy at it if you don't study. Very very few people manage to be successful without making any sort of effort, even the most talented ones (maybe just those who were already very rich). Or you're good at something that can only aid you spiritually, not financially, like being empathic and/or being a good friend.
Old 23-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Master
not sur wear u can i thgn 1s it sell ises stics cons mit sell thm thy mo mit

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 26-11-2017, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty711
Hello I was trying to see if there was a section for candle spells or something but I did not! I want something done. I am also serious so I am not making fun of anybody.
I wanted know if there is a candle spell that I can do or herbs that I can carry with me to help me to know what my purpose is and to help me identify my talents and then focus on that.

Thank You so much! :)
Hello 711 :) -

Like 'lucky numbers', 'spells' are just formalized 'prayers', whose efficacy my one may be inclined to belive in. I would suggest a more direct approach, to wit, that you earnestly pray, with faith, that your purpose become apparent to you - as in "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." Such 'prayer' will be as powerful as any 'spell' or 'lucky number' or 'magic lamp', IMO.

Of course, if you believe that only a 'spell' is magically powerful enough to bring about a desired result, you will have to 'find' one, as in "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

That isn't the only 'way' of proceeding in this regard, however. If you are open to being a 'detective' in pursuit of 'figuring out' your purpose, I would suggest you simply (introspectively) look to to 'see' what your 'highest' (most valued) values are. Your 'purpose' is to actualize them to the greatest possible degree in the course of your life.

If you can't clearly decipher what your values really are, I would suggest that you ask yourself the question: "If someone asked me :) who would I say is or was the 'greatest' person ever (or the top three in this regard, if you can't decide on one)?" The values he, she or they 'embodied' are your 'highest' values. Your purpose then is to actualize such values "the best of your ability" in this life, which of course would also entail contemplating alternative possibilities and 'seeking' and the best ways (available) whereby you may do do.

I hope you find these ideas useful -

Old 26-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Lorelyen

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Leeds, UK) published a booklet in its heyday covering the basics of candle magic.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Candle Magick Spellbook.

It's still available as a download but I can't include a link as it's to a shop. My intention here isn't commercial but to advise you it exists, as many book titles are mentioned on this site for those with particular interests. Aside from buying the book I have no insterests whatever in the publishers or their shop.

It's almost a beginner's guide to sorcery and as usual with spells they're as powerful as you make them. These are kind of Golden Dawn-based ritual magic in their use of astral and spiritual resources. There are more powerful spells but these are a start - and of course there's enough information to adapt the spells for other purposes. The instructions seem simple but should be delivered with firm conviction and passion!

I wasn't interested in Candlemagic as such but bought the booklet for its summaries of planetary hours and correspondences (important if you work with these principles and far easier to look up than Liber 777).

Note that you'll need other bits & pieces besides candles to work them. (Incense and thurible though oils will work as well; altar cloth; workspace etc.) I can't remember if the book goes into diarising your workings but you should - day, time, the intent, a summary of how it went and anything unusual that occurred. Leave a space for further comment.

Here's a list of the chapter headings. Sorry no capitals as I was holding the booklet in one hand while typing with the other.

1 introduction
2 how magic works
3 prayer and faith
4 karma: black magick & the sinister
5 the gods: sources of power
6 practical section: types of candles & symbolism
7 correspondences & tables: how to use them
8 making your own candles
9 your place of working
10 altar equipment & your candlemagic tools
11 the master ritual
12 rite to consecrate a object or person
13 rite to improve memory concentration & ability to study
14 rite to develop fey: power, decisiveness and personal magnetism
15 rite to develop astral projection
16 rite to develop sight with tarot or crystal
17 a powerful rite for love
18 rite for wealth
19 rite for protection & psychic self defence
20 planetary hours tables
21 angelic hours tables
22 planetary exaltations & rulership tables
23 table of correspondences & affinities
24 zodiacal correspondences.

Anyway, worth a thought. In spite of the mention of Black Magick in the chapter headings there's no black magic here!
Just as a personal view it's probably better to avoid trying to cast spells about your purpose. You'll discover a spiritual purpose as you move forward on your path. Contemplation is important. You'd probably get a better idea about purpose if it's important to you now from a decent Tarot reading.
Good luck!