Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 02-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Pathfinder

Question How can i get rid of my ENDLESS FOOD CRAVING ADDICTION?!!

Hello

Two years ago i gained a staggering 30 freaking kilograms due to stress eating and also the fact that i absolutely love food. This was the darkest time of ny life .i used to eat so much and hate myself for itbut i couldnt stop. It was really an addiction. Just like some people are addicted to cocain. Food was my heroin in all its meaning.it was so destructive yet gave me such pleasurr while eating but then guilt came over me. If i didnt have what i craved and yes it was always a strong craving,id get so angry and ****ed off and even cry. There was no choice left for me other than to do a gastric sleeve surgery. I was not obese but i was really over weight. I couldnt breathe or walk up the stairs without goin out of breath. Ithink i visited all the dieticians in the country and tried all sorts of diets for merely a week cse i couldnt go on. I went from depriving myself food to purging. All the destructive and desperate ways to lose weight fast because diets were so disgusting for me. The idea makes me cry . So i did the surgery and within the first month i lost 15 kilos! Great yeah? Then a month after i found out i was pregnant..yups
But thankfully i kept losing weight and lost around 35 kilos. All my pregnancy i was craving-free. I hated food so much and barely ever ate. I automatically threw up everything i ate. However...

After i gave birth my cravings got back.
I now eat like a normal person and it hurts my conscious that i expanded my stomach this much...
As if i didnt do a surgery. The cravings are as bad as before and i am starting to gain weight again
This is really really depressing me.

Does anyone know how to have enough willpowr to stop these demonic cravings??how to reduce them and eat healthily and really get ised to it without binge eating all ur healthy process a week later?
Any effective weight loss tips? What to do when confronted with a craving
Please i need tips that actually work!not the cliche drink 8 glasses of water a day.
I am vegetarian btw. And i have anemia i cant really do much sports for now as i get very dizzy.
Thanks gor ur input
Old 03-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilasmum44
Please i need tips that actually work!not the cliche drink 8 glasses of water a day.
Hi leilasmum. I too was addicted to eating -- stress eating is what it was, really. In the spring of 2011 I weighed 245 lbs. In the autumn of 2012 I weighed 149 (my ideal weight according to weight charts). And I have kept the weight off ever since. Here's what I did and continue to do.

Losing the weight.

1. It is not a cliche. Drinking lots of water is essential, critical. I drank 20+ glasses a day. It cleanses the body, and fills one up which helps keep the food cravings away.

2. I eliminated all processed foods. Processed foods contain additives and sugars which are designed to keep you addicted to eating them. It takes a few weeks for the body to realign itself to the simple taste of natural foods, and so the toughest part of losing weight are those cravings at the beginning, from being addicted to years of eating processed foods. For me, it was essential to eliminate processed foods completely. Otherwise it's a bit like an alcoholic who is trying to quit, but still has a few drinks on the weekend -- it just doesn't work.

Keeping the weight off.

1. I switched to a vegetable and fruit diet only. Nothing else. And in raw-food form, and organic as well, as much as is possible. Simply put, when eating nothing other than whole foods (and drinking water; I still drink a minimum dozen glasses a day), the body will easily and effortlessly re-adjust back to its natural weight within one year.

2. I eat almost all my food in liquid form; it works best for me. I make homemade vegetable soups, then add raw vegetables into the pot as I heat it up. And I make fruit shakes out of fresh and frozen fruit, blending them with 100% fruit juice.

3. The mental/psychological aspect of all this cannot be underestimated. Willpower alone is not enough; a shift in consciousness is required as well. It has to do with setting the intention; changing it from "want to accomplish" to "have already accomplished." The best way to describe this for me, is when I successfully quit smoking many years ago. I did not think, "I want to quit smoking." Rather, I shifted my intent, and carried with me the understanding, "I am someone who doesn't smoke." I utilized this same technique to help me get back to my perfect weight.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Master
Just saw another thread of yours: getting rid of negative thoughts etc. This is all related; stress and unhappiness creates dis-ease and disharmony which then reflects in one's lifestyle choices.

The turning point for me happened in one epiphany and moment of clarity. I was extremely unhappy and had a very negative life-attitude all throughout my 20s. But then I came to a spiritual path that taught the reality of the eternal soul, karma and reincarnation. It was only then I understood the very purpose of life, and why I'm here. I chose to be here. I am here to learn, to evolve my soul. My choices -- my thoughts, words, deeds and attitude -- all come right back at me in the form of karmic life lessons. This is how I learn to make healthy, holistic behavioral choices. And I come back, again and again, to learn and do better and perfect my soul-self. So there's really no such thing as failure; just lessons from which we learn to do better next time, and next time round.

I now understand that my choice to stay in a negative frame of mind -- and it is a choice, and nothing more -- is in fact a kind of abdication of my soul responsibility. And so I won't allow negativity into my world. I now choose -- consciously and with gratitude -- the positive path. Just as I now choose the path of healthy eating and lifestyle. Because all these things are absolutely interrelated. When I'm positive, I am happy, and I love myself. And I don't overeat, and I stay in shape, when I'm happy and love myself. Being at my correct weight contributes greatly to my self-esteem, my happiness, and my having a positive life outlook.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi leilasmum. I too was addicted to eating -- stress eating is what it was, really. In the spring of 2011 I weighed 245 lbs. In the autumn of 2012 I weighed 149 (my ideal weight according to weight charts). And I have kept the weight off ever since. Here's what I did and continue to do.

Losing the weight.

1. It is not a cliche. Drinking lots of water is essential, critical. I drank 20+ glasses a day. It cleanses the body, and fills one up which helps keep the food cravings away.

2. I eliminated all processed foods. Processed foods contain additives and sugars which are designed to keep you addicted to eating them. It takes a few weeks for the body to realign itself to the simple taste of natural foods, and so the toughest part of losing weight are those cravings at the beginning, from being addicted to years of eating processed foods. For me, it was essential to eliminate processed foods completely. Otherwise it's a bit like an alcoholic who is trying to quit, but still has a few drinks on the weekend -- it just doesn't work.

Keeping the weight off.

1. I switched to a vegetable and fruit diet only. Nothing else. And in raw-food form, and organic as well, as much as is possible. Simply put, when eating nothing other than whole foods (and drinking water; I still drink a minimum dozen glasses a day), the body will easily and effortlessly re-adjust back to its natural weight within one year.

2. I eat almost all my food in liquid form; it works best for me. I make homemade vegetable soups, then add raw vegetables into the pot as I heat it up. And I make fruit shakes out of fresh and frozen fruit, blending them with 100% fruit juice.

3. The mental/psychological aspect of all this cannot be underestimated. Willpower alone is not enough; a shift in consciousness is required as well. It has to do with setting the intention; changing it from "want to accomplish" to "have already accomplished." The best way to describe this for me, is when I successfully quit smoking many years ago. I did not think, "I want to quit smoking." Rather, I shifted my intent, and carried with me the understanding, "I am someone who doesn't smoke." I utilized this same technique to help me get back to my perfect weight.

Hi !
Thank you so much for the thorough and helpful tips.
Yes drinking water isnt cliche indeed but i cant drink 12 glasses in a day unfortunately however i will try at least drink one liter. Water never takes my hunger away.
But its true youre right it would take a few weeks for the body to get used to the new life style. I barely eat chicken or meat except for fajitas and shishtawook and perhaps crispy chicken and veal kafta
Delicious lebanese food the kafta and tawook and only from two places . Giving the few of the meats i eat was not an easy choice. I dont know why i chose to do so i just woke up one day literally and decided that. I still have temptations but the thought of eating meat is very appalling for me now. I hope i can do the same with junk food and desserts.

Now you mentioned eating raw . I am assuming you are vegan. I cant do that. That is extreme for me and definitely not good for my health at the time being.i admire you so much for your ability to do that really.

After my surgery the first two months i was not allowed any processed food ofcourse. The first twenty days were strictly clear liquids. That was so tough ! Not physically but mentally cse my stomach was so small id get full frim two sips of apple juice. Yes i lived off apple juice for twenty days. The other twenty days were mainly consisted from liquid or purees. No processed food.
Even though it was s oso tough mentally at the end of the day i was actually very happy
My cellulite which i Had Allott disappeared!! Now its back but atleast i know its possible
i also dont drink anything thats not made from fresh juice. Not even coffee

Thanks again for the tios and the inspiration
I will start eatibg healthily starting next monday.my daughters first bday is on saturday and there gna be alot of great food. My goodbye bad eating party haha
Old 03-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Just saw another thread of yours: getting rid of negative thoughts etc. This is all related; stress and unhappiness creates dis-ease and disharmony which then reflects in one's lifestyle choices.

The turning point for me happened in one epiphany and moment of clarity. I was extremely unhappy and had a very negative life-attitude all throughout my 20s. But then I came to a spiritual path that taught the reality of the eternal soul, karma and reincarnation. It was only then I understood the very purpose of life, and why I'm here. I chose to be here. I am here to learn, to evolve my soul. My choices -- my thoughts, words, deeds and attitude -- all come right back at me in the form of karmic life lessons. This is how I learn to make healthy, holistic behavioral choices. And I come back, again and again, to learn and do better and perfect my soul-self. So there's really no such thing as failure; just lessons from which we learn to do better next time, and next time round.

I now understand that my choice to stay in a negative frame of mind -- and it is a choice, and nothing more -- is in fact a kind of abdication of my soul responsibility. And so I won't allow negativity into my world. I now choose -- consciously and with gratitude -- the positive path. Just as I now choose the path of healthy eating and lifestyle. Because all these things are absolutely interrelated. When I'm positive, I am happy, and I love myself. And I don't overeat, and I stay in shape, when I'm happy and love myself. Being at my correct weight contributes greatly to my self-esteem, my happiness, and my having a positive life outlook.

Hello ! Yes you are right. And despite me being sometimes affected because you cant really NOT get affected if a very long term problem is present and is only getting harder,i did increase my awareness about negative attitude towards life. I know that everyrhing happens for a reason and at the right time so i find consolation in that. But sometimes you feel suffocated and stuck in time and im tired of being a parent alone away from my husband. It takes its toll on me but i have so many things to be grateful for. I have to make my own happiness and do it with my mind.
Thanks for reminding me :) these are words to live by !
Old 03-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
im tired of being a parent alone away from my husband... my daughters first bday is on saturday
Hope for his sake he was there when she took her first step. So special. I have the funniest story about that from my own experience.

I'm vegan only because that's where my food journey has taken me. I was actually vegan before I even knew what a vegan was. Over the years I just naturally and systematically adjusted my diet according to what my body told me to do. Which just happened to be eliminating everything that vegans don't eat!

I don't eat just raw. I cook and make soup, blending it to a liquid. When I heat up a bowl, I'll add raw broccoli, mushrooms, etc. and heat them up with the soup. I used to add grains as well, but I found I was slowly gaining weight back, so I switched to just vegetables, and fruit as I said. Being overly strict can be an unhealthy compulsion, that's one reason why I don't identify with terms like "vegan" or "raw food only." I just eat what feels right for me.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:39 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Hope for his sake he was there when she took her first step. So special. I have the funniest story about that from my own experience.

I'm vegan only because that's where my food journey has taken me. I was actually vegan before I even knew what a vegan was. Over the years I just naturally and systematically adjusted my diet according to what my body told me to do. Which just happened to be eliminating everything that vegans don't eat!

I don't eat just raw. I cook and make soup, blending it to a liquid. When I heat up a bowl, I'll add raw broccoli, mushrooms, etc. and heat them up with the soup. I used to add grains as well, but I found I was slowly gaining weight back, so I switched to just vegetables, and fruit as I said. Being overly strict can be an unhealthy compulsion, that's one reason why I don't identify with terms like "vegan" or "raw food only." I just eat what feels right for me.

He missed alot of firsts but he was in the delivery room every second of the way. He looked so funny with the hairnet on haha. Leila hasnt walked alone yet!

Its great you do know what feels right for you AND actually doing it hehe. But i guess its not that hard to tell that junk food is not good for me. Like i said' my healthy lifestyle starts next monday, i swear!
Haha it may not seem strict what you eat for you because thats what your body needs. But for me that is plain suicide . A recipe to depression.speaking of recipes i just made some brownies. They were supposed to be fudgy but... Oh well maybe next time. There wont be a next time i hope hehe
Old 03-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Like i said' my healthy lifestyle starts next monday, i swear!

Haha it may not seem strict what you eat for you because thats what your body needs. But for me that is plain suicide .
Great. And be kind to yourself if it ends up being the Monday after, or after that. You know what it is you wish to accomplish, meaning you're already half-way there. That's a great start regardless of when it all happens exactly.

Something I heard many years ago that really does apply to my path: Spiritual awakening has to do with knowing the difference between what one wants, versus what one needs. Or put another way, what the lower self desires versus what the higher self requires. I don't eat what I want. I eat what I need. Or that's the way it started out. Because years ago, I wanted to eat junk-type food. But I knew I needed to eat healthy. And so it was a constant struggle to lose weight. What I wanted and what I needed were always at odds.

Now though, I just want to eat healthy. And so the lbs stay off without even trying. Healthy eating naturally became my life over the years; like shifting to a higher plane of consciousness. Like you: you are now and forever a mother, and can never be otherwise. That's what happens with any higher self commitment. One reaches a point where they can't and won't ever go back to that which they were before.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Pathfinder

I hope it wont be the monday after that. Tip nr3 was a good one. The mentality is the first thing i must change. Just like i did when i woke up one day vegeterian. I should wake up eating healthy and not wanting to be healthy!intresting point. Wants vs needs . Its always the needs that we struggle with. Theyre like teh angels and wants are like the devils .you have a nice way of explaining things. Thats how i feel about how i woke up vegetarian. Its like i cant go back to eating chicken even if i wanted. It doesnt feel right anymore. I hope the restof my health journey takes this path aswell
I have hope it actually will . :)
Old 03-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Pathfinder

I hope it wont be the monday after that. Tip nr3 was a good one. The mentality is the first thing i must change. Just like i did when i woke up one day vegeterian. I should wake up eating healthy and not wanting to be healthy!intresting point. Wants vs needs . Its always the needs that we struggle with. Theyre like teh angels and wants are like the devils .you have a nice way of explaining things. Thats how i feel about how i woke up vegetarian. Its like i cant go back to eating chicken even if i wanted. It doesnt feel right anymore. I hope the restof my health journey takes this path aswell
I have hope it actually will . :)