Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-09-2015, 01:49 AM
Pathfinder

Well I haven't been able to ap at all this week even with the different methods.

It just seems like I keep falling asleep even when trying to keep awareness and concentrate.

Any advice?
Old 15-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Master

Using different methods is not the problem. Any method will work when the conditions are right. Where do you try to ap and in what position.
Old 15-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Pathfinder

Don't worry, LeoAngel. I have times when I'm having OBEs every night, and then there are weeks without a single useful OBE. It is a matter of condition, astralsuzy is right. Try to practice it rather when you are not stressed and when you are free "inside your head", if you know what I mean. And what is very important, make a dream diary! Write down your dreams (if you have little time then pick the ones who seemed especially interesting or emotional), in every details, even things which seem unimportant. By exploring your dreams you will get dreams more coloured and vivid, and you will have OBEs easier. At least that was what helped me and my friends a lot. Try it out! It is worth it!! Write it all down, what you felt, how coloured it was, details, things you have seen and sensed etc. etc.

OBEs are not only a matter of "coming out of the body", but it can be a very fascinating and effective way of learning and of changing yourself (mainly spiritually).

Did you read the links I sent to you? (And were they helpful, that's the main question ).
Old 17-09-2015, 12:53 AM
Pathfinder

I usually try to ap in my room but in a different position than I normally would sleep.. I've also tried it on the floor and also tried doing it while propped up.

Yes I did go through the links and have tried to test the different methods.. Still none are working. :(

I just keep falling asleep. or else I end up awake trying to concentrate.

Here's my question though.
I can lay down completely relaxed but then I get that urge to move or roll over.
I have found a website that talks about that urge and they said if you can get through the urge and stay still long enough then your body will go asleep and you can project. They say it's the brain's way of checking to see if you are asleep or not.. If you move or roll the body and brain knows you're awake.. if you don't the body will go to sleep.

I've tried it but the urge to roll gets very strong and almost painful.

"The Roll Over Signal

If the mind is asleep, then mind does not respond and the body decides that the mind really is asleep and shuts down. If the mind does respond to the roll over signal and you move, then the body knows the mind is still awake and does not fall asleep. So this a major mistake that you need to avoid: Never respond to the body’s roll over signal because it sends a message to stay awake rather than fall asleep. This can be difficult because the signal can become so strong that it’s excruciatingly painful."

What do you guys think?

I really wish I can get through the urges to roll.. but they do become painful and I always do
Old 17-09-2015, 05:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoAngel
I usually try to ap in my room but in a different position than I normally would sleep.. I've also tried it on the floor and also tried doing it while propped up.I

I just keep falling asleep. or else I end up awake trying to concentrate.

I can lay down completely relaxed but then I get that urge to move or roll over.
I am very much like you. I get the urge to roll over and go to sleep. I have been trying not to roll over for many months. I have got a lot better but I still roll over. After a while I forget about ap and I roll over. I now finally gave up. This is what I do. I mediate every afternoon on my back on my bed. By mediating it helps not to be tired later on. It does not replace sleep but it makes ap easier. Before I go to sleep I go into another room and I try to ap. The other night I did ap. I felt really happy. If I had a big day and I feel tired I do not try to ap. I just go to sleep. To be able to ap you must know that you will succeed if you do not do that you will likely be lying there for hours and nothing happening. Of course, there is no guarantee. You could try to ap away from your bedroom. Being in the bedroom it is too easy to turn over and go to sleep. You have to concentrate and know your ap signs. If you loose concentration and switch off you are likely to fall asleep. It happens to me. Sometimes your mind changes and you start seeing things. You have to be aware that you are seeing things otherwise you will fall asleep. Sometimes I get up early in the morning and I lie down on the floor in another room. I lie in a comfortable position as it is not that comfortable on the floor. I lie on a very thin mattress. I still have to concentrate otherwise I fall asleep. A lot of times I do ap. Sometimes I fall asleep but I try again and I mostly succeed.
Old 17-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Master

I did not ap last night or in the morning. At night time I was lying there for about two and a half hours. I should have done an ap technique. I may have got out. It was worth a try. I was not bored lying there. I have been doing it for a long time now so I am used to it. In the morning I thought I will try again. I fell asleep and I woke up. I thought I will try again but I still fell asleep. I think I missed an ap sign. I heard talking or noises. I ignored it and I fell asleep. I will try again tonight.
Old 18-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Master

This morning instead of going out to the other room lying on an uncomfortable floor, I laid down on my back on my bed. I was breathing in and out. That can take a lot of time lying there with nothing happening. I decided to imagine I am moving my legs. My legs felt like they were moving so I knew I could get out of my body so I did. I stepped out of my body. I ap and when I came back to my body again I did the same technique, again and again. That is good to know because I will use that as another tool to get out of my body.
Old 19-09-2015, 07:03 AM
Pathfinder

I know the roll over urge and know it can be really painful, too.

The first thing is: if you managed to have an OBE with one technique, this does not mean the technique will always work. That's why I think it is better to train different methods - just try to use them listening to an inner feeling, like "ok I feel like I'm eager to use the blabla method, so I will use this now". It also depends on your state (emotional, psychical, physical) how and if you will be able to step out willingly.

My advice: just keep on training, and make a dream diary - just like I described you last time - where you write down the most interesting dreams and experiences. This helps a lot, believe me. Read about such things, about dreams and OBEs, this will keep your mind on it! In the beginning I often tried to have an OBE for hours and hours and I just didn't succeed. However, after nearly two years of practising it's much easier.
And one thing: do never stress your body and psyche too much with this. If you are tired, then sleep. Do not train every morning when you do not feel so good. And when you are tired, then just roll over and sleep. You should never lie in bed for over one hour trying to step out of the body.
And you don't have to lie on your back when trying to have an OBE! You can also lie on your left side (it also works with the right side, but not so well as with the left side. This sounds strange but it has to do with polarities of the body, I won't explain that here because it will not help you now, but try lying on your left side and using some methods. Try it out! I often did OBEing lying on the side, not on the back. You may fall asleep as well, but then you awake again in the second body. At least that really worked out with me and some friends of mine. Don't get impatient, it can be hard work to learn it but you'll do this )
Old 19-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Pathfinder

Ah, and I forgot one thing. I quote astralsuzy here, what she said is very right.

Being in the bedroom it is too easy to turn over and go to sleep. You have to concentrate and know your ap signs. If you loose concentration and switch off you are likely to fall asleep. It happens to me. Sometimes your mind changes and you start seeing things. You have to be aware that you are seeing things otherwise you will fall asleep. Sometimes I get up early in the morning and I lie down on the floor in another room. I lie in a comfortable position as it is not that comfortable on the floor. I lie on a very thin mattress. I still have to concentrate otherwise I fall asleep. A lot of times I do ap. Sometimes I fall asleep but I try again and I mostly succeed.

Getting up in the morning and lying down on the floor on a thin matress is a very good method. Because then you do not feel like in the bed, your psyche knows: "Oh, I am not here for sleeping". It's easier to concentrate.
Old 21-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Pathfinder

Again I had a sort of half lucid obe...
I sort of woke up in the middle of the night and was upside down looking at my night light- thought I was actually awake and rolled back over and fell into a dream.
I didn't even realize I was out of body! That's sooo frustrating!!!