Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 05-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hi Chrysalis,

I bought black spray paint a while ago for coating my picture frame. The idea was to coat the glass for divination, but I've noticed some of the paint began to peel off. Especially since I had it cleaned with alcohol (Florida water) with a rag. So I assume the paint must have scraped off. Has this ever happened to you? And what kind of paint do you use? I've used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover 2X. I really like this spray paint because of the extra coating adding a shiny surface.

Lepus

Hi Lepus,

Sorry that some of the paint peeled off. Now let's see if we can figure out why. Perhaps a comparison of our methods will help.

For the black mirror, I used a non-glossy finish black paint which cost more compared to the others in the store. I chose non-glossy because the glass is shiny enough. I believe the brand was Krylon Dual. If memory serves, the paint wasn't for rust protection. I made sure it was good for glass and other surfaces. I sprayed the back side of the glass, covered it up with cardboard and folded down the clips from the frame. End result, a shiny front that can be cleaned as normal glass because the surface is glass and the paint is protected by the cardboard. This is the backside of my mirror.

On the altar tools I used the same brand you did but with a satin finish. It combined paint and primer. As for dusting them, they haven't been around long to collect dust but when they do, I figure wiping them with a dry lint free cloth should work. Or I'll use my bare hands.

I followed the instructions on the label from the paint can and made sure the surfaces were clean. For cleaning the glass, I used 99% rubbing alcohol because it doesn't have oil in it, to get rid of smudges before spray painting it. The altar tools looked clean enough so I spray painted them as they were.

One idea as to what might have happened to your glass is that your paint didn't have a primer in it. The other possibility is that Florida Water has oil in it which prevented the paint from adhering to the glass.

I hope this helped.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:00 PM
Lepus

Hello

Thanks! I was looking for a spray paint after purchasing a standing picture frame to set up on my Hecate's altar. I really like the design of it with a silver frame. The glass is oval and it's not too large. I went on several stores to find a black spray to not only spray on the glass but to paint my wand and my human rib athame. Yes I legally purchased a human bone. I was recommended on the ultra cover 2x. And I began spraying outdoors when the sun was out. I liked the outcome of it. I could see my own reflection when starring at my black mirror. However, I wanted to cleanse it and keep it clean. So I used Florida water. And that's when I found out small scrapes on the glass

My frame does have a cardboard to support the glass. And it can hold my picture frame from falling down with a back holder. So it's standing on my altar right now. I was thinking of painting another coat on my black mirror and have it covered with a piece of cloth to prevent it from getting any dust or dirt. I will substitute Florida water with rubbing alcohol. And I will check out the non-gloss spray paint.

I believe my spray paint does have primer in it. It says on the label.

Lepus
Old 15-06-2019, 04:40 AM
Master
When I was examining the altar plate for any white peeking through, I was gazing at one area and saw four colours: red, green, purple and blue. My intuition told me that Morrigan was once more guiding me and I got to thinking what those colours symbolize but am not allowed to mention the symbolism. I can say that they symbolize certain subjects that I'm to learn under the guidance of Morrigan.

I did find some white on the bottom of the plate so I gave it another coat of paint. I have white cardstock paper to take to the library, in a few days, where I can run off images of animals to place at the end of the arms of a Celtic cross. So far it's coming along the way I'm imagining it.

Earlier this week, I bought labels for the black bottles and got those done.

I have a bottle of water and a jar for the salt ready for the full moon on June 17. If it rains that night the salt and water will be protected from any rain getting in.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 05-07-2019, 02:55 AM
Lepus

Hi

Would you say meditation has helped you communicate with the Morrigan? When I connected with Hecate through the strophalos, I immediately got a confirmation that Hecate is willing to be my Goddess. Since then I just had this 'knowing' whenever I asked Hecate a question. And I would see signs that would give me a clear answer. So I didn't need to meditate to communicate. But I do remember watching a video of somone devoted to Hecate that meditation is key for communicating to Hecate. She even made her meditate when she started her path. And I had meditated before for about 15-20 minutes every night. However, I would never commit to it, unfortunately. And it has helped me clear my mind from distractions. Anyway, you got four different colors from looking at your plate. How can you confirm it's the Morrigan? And have you received any other signs and or messages?

Lepus
Old 05-07-2019, 05:21 AM
Master
Hi

I don't know what a strophalos is and if you don't mind can you please explain it?

I found meditating helps me to sense any presences and does make it easier to communicate with Her but I don't have to be in meditation for communication anymore. I used meditation to develop telepathy for a channeling method which I can now switch on and off simply by thinking of a name. I try to meditate every day but that doesn't always happen. I did find that meditation helped calm my mind chatter which is really useful to help receive messages. Makes it a lot easier for you (not the personal you, but the you in the general meaning) to sense any Deity reaching out to you as you've cleared out the chatter.

When I saw the colours on Her altar plate I just knew it was from Her. I confirmed it by using four methods. I used intuition, a knowing, dowsing plus asking Her which really made connecting the colours I saw to be used on Her altar plate. Two of the colours, purple and blue, carry the same symbolism for the candles. The other two I had to figure out as She's not going to spoon feed me all the answers. I suppose this is Her method to find out how committed I am to following Her and learning from Her.

The last so called coincidence occurred a few weeks ago. I was with mom visiting a cousin. He had invited us to look through some jewellery that his family gave him because no one wanted it. There were some interesting pieces that screamed magic and psychic stuff at me so I took those. I did a bit of googling to figure out what I had and what to do with them because those pieces used to belong to his mom and sister. I'm not sure if he knew what those were or not but he practically shoved them at me which I took as a sign to take them. I ended up with an altar charging plate, a medallion, some talismans, a letter opener that can double as an athame, a vinegar bottle dispenser that I think had potions in it as there was some white crusty stuff on it, a crystal pendulum and some crystals that I think were used for divination. I also took a lot of jewellery but three brooches stood out to me. One was made like a wishbone with a 4 leaf clover in it. With the right spell, it can be a good luck charm. One brooch looks like a freshwater angelfish and the other some stylized all seeing eye. Morrigan really wanted the last brooch so maybe I'll do a binding spell on that one for Her. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with the angelfish brooch. So, having all of that come my way is most likely Morrigan's doing as She does want me to learn magic. Seems I have all the tools I need.

I have some items being cleansed and charged in the vortex. When the charging disc is finished, then it'll be ready for programming, etc.

I really hope She's waiting for me to get all of this stuff organized. Some times it feels like I'm not ready for all of this but I guess having the items on hand is better than not having them. This is a learning experience as I never heard of a charging plate until I did some researching. I heard of medallions but never thought I'd even want one. If I did want either of those, I wouldn't know where to buy them. So, thanks to Morrigan working behind the scene, I got unexpected items for magic work.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Lepus

Hello,

The Strophalos of Hecate is a wheel that has been perceived from a passage of The Chaldean Oracles. A spiritual and philosophical texts. Shorty, the Strophalos has been viewed to contain the serpent of life, which represents creative life force. This is an ancient symbol and one of Hecate's emblem that is used by many devotees to represent and honor Hecate. Her other emblems are the black female dogs, torches, keys, and crossroads. All with their own symbolic meaning. Some followers use the Strophalos during ritual and spellwork by making a "freestyle" Strophalos using sand.

There are many theories on the origin story and its uses back in ancient times. But today many would view this symbol as Hekate Triformis. Hecate's of Three Form. Which stems from the idea of the three goddesses of the moon. And then there's the maiden, mother, and crone. Of course, there are interpretations of each part of Hecate's wheel. But I won't get into that. Unless you'd like me to. Anyway, the Wheel of Hecate is a powerful symbol for honoring Hekate and practicing witchcraft.

Speaking of Hecate. Yesterday after I posted my last comment here. I went to watch the fireworks on my television when suddenly I've seen a commercial of a statue of liberty on my screen. If you're not familiar with Hecate's appearance. She looks just like the statue of liberty holding a torch. So I thought that was Hecate. And this has happened quite often whenever I think of Her name. So in a way I am telepathically channeling Her.

I do agree that meditation does help quiet the mind chatter. And it's possibly the best method for communicating with any deity. However, I do recall having vivid dreams of rituals being performed on me. And that was after I meditated. The rituals were about cleansing. So I'd assume I needed to cleanse and protect myself from any harmful energies. So I thought why don't I receive these vivid messages during meditation? Unless you can only hear voices during deep meditation. But I've watched videos of those loyal to Hecate sharing their experience during meditation. They were able to speak to Her and see Her. Which I don't recall ever communicating with Hecate. Not even during my sleep. Okay I might have seen Her once in my dream. But can't say for sure that was Her. Anywho, I can see why they were able to have these experiences. They meditated for a long extended time. Something I struggle with. So I need to pick up on meditation again and quiet my mind. I simply sit on my comfortable chair with no music or lights. I close my eyes and let my mind wander while completely ignoring anything that pops up. I find it simple doing breathing meditation. I might incorporate meditation music after some time ahead.

Have you done any form of research on the Morrigan? Sometimes the things we perceive in the mundane especially tools can often be a representation of a deity. For instance, I recall walking in the park with my siblings when I suddenly spotted bones on the side of the trail. I picked them up with a plastic bag and continued walking. I knew Hecate wanted me to pick up the bones because right after I did I spotted a coyote crossing our paths. And we never seen a coyote in that particular park. And there was another instance where I was in an open field with no trees. I was taking pictures when suddenly I saw dried bones on the ground. I was thinking of Hecate when I picked them up. She is associated with necromancy. So I do have a clue what to do with these bones. They can be used for hexing or for a vessel. But I haven't used them yet. So it does seem like you were given all the tools needed for magical work. As for the angelfish brooch, maybe the fish is symbolic to a specific meaning. And this is what I got from it:

The symbolism of the Angelfish signifies that you should be brave and courageous enough to face all kinds of situations that reveal themselves in life. ... This symbolism teaches you to navigate smoothly through the various currents in the ocean of life with the help of your intuition and imagination.

I think it's appropriate. In some way it's describing the Morrigan. Here:

The Morrigan (also known as the Morrigu) was the shape-shifting Celtic Goddess of War, Fate and Death. She also presided over rivers, lakes and fresh water, in addition to being the patroness of revenge, night, magic, prophecy, priestesses and witches.

So the brooch might be a charm for the aforementioned qualities?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Lepus
Old 26-07-2019, 05:32 AM
Master
Hello,

Thank you for explaining what a strophalos is and it's history which I found interesting. There's no need for you to get into it further since you gave a very good broad overview of it.

It's amazing how Deities guide us and even give us hints that They're there looking out for us so we can continue our spiritual paths. True, you may not need the bones now but it's good to have items anyways. One never knows when it'll be needed further down the path. Might be tomorrow or years from now when you'll need them. One just never knows. For example, in the 1980s I bought a souvenir sword just because I could and am drawn to such weapons. About a month ago, I read that swords can be used for banishing. Back then, I wasn't interested at all about any magic, crystals, chakras, etc. So yeah, no idea for a sword's magical purpose and now I know but so far I have no need of using the sword which is associated with Morrigan, because, you know, Her strong association with battle.

When I have a vivid dream, the first thing I do is to identify it with the help of a pendulum. Such dreams are either a vision or astral travel. It also depends on the context of the dream. So far, I haven't seen Morrigan in such dreams or during meditations. I've been slacking on my meditations so there's that but I've been working a bit on my third eye before I fall asleep. I too prefer to meditate in quiet. That was what I did when I first began a daily meditation so I guess it's back to the basics.

When I saw the angelfish brooch, I sure wasn't thinking of it's symbolism. All I thought was...pretty green and sparkly! My second thought was perhaps to make a vessel out of it for my merfolk spirits. I do know that spirits can help us to develop psychic skills among other things. The symbolism sure feels compatible with what I believe Morrigan wants to teach me.

I did research Morrigan when I first realized She's been behind the scenes for just about everything spiritually and magically in my entire life. 20/20 hindsight is so wonderful, lol. I even made a journal specifically to record my experiences with Her.

An update on the altar's progression. I went into town and ran off some images to glue on the altar plate which felt like a quest. I went to the library and used their computer to print out the images. Those turned out well but I wanted them on cardstock paper which is a bit thicker so I went to Staples and made a photocopy and the images turned out a bit darker. When I have a chunk of time, I can begin decorating it. The images are forms She shape-shifted into: crows, a wolf, an eel and a bear. I had a reference about Her appearing as a bear but lost it. Anyway, She does want me to use a bear to symbolize Her which I find appropriate as Her bear form means teaching, like a mother bear teaching her cubs so that makes me a cub, lol.

You're welcome and I don't mind sharing my experiences.

Chrysalis

Old 10-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Master
Hi Chrysalis..

How did it go with the moon water? What are you using it for?
Drawn to swords eh? What kind of sword do you have?

Nice to read your tale.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi Chrysalis..

How did it go with the moon water? What are you using it for?
Drawn to swords eh? What kind of sword do you have?

Nice to read your tale.

Hi and thanks for reading it.

So far I used the moon water, moon salt and a crow feather to consecrate items for magical work. I had some extra moon water which I drank in little amounts over a few days as the energy from the moon really got me hyped that month, lol. I still have the water and salt stored in a closet for the next time that I might need it.

The sword is Spanish style. They, Medieval Times in California, had other styles of swords but that one caught my attention. They had very ornate daggers too but cost more than the swords.

Old 14-04-2020, 07:49 PM
Master
Hi everyone.

This is my final update on the altar plate because it's complete. I experimented with a few topcoats and settled on Mod Podge Super Gloss. It dried hard and non-tacky to the touch. The bear is to point north and the rest follow the other cardinal directions.

This is what the setup looks like. The bear represents Morrigan and the candles are for when I meditate with the intent of Her helping me. The purple candle is for developing psychic abilities (such as clairvoyancy) and the blue candle is for spiritual development (such as connecting to the higher self).

The final thing I need to do is to cleanse and consecrate the plate and bear. Once that's done, I've been guided not to post these again. I do need to make moon water and moon salt for the ritual. I'll try to catch the full moon on May 7.